Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas A&M vs LSU Ending

Started by Hogz87, January 06, 2018, 03:13:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogz87

Just...wow.

Waters for LSU hit two deep, highly difficult, heavily contested threes to lift LSU to an improbable win after they fell behind by five with 16 seconds remaining.

After falling behind by five, Waters hit a deep, seemingly improbable three to turn a 68-63 deficit into a 68-66 deficit.  On the ensuing inbound, A&M got the ball to Robert Williams, a 66% FT shooter, who promptly missed both FTs.  LSU had 11 seconds, got the rebound, jogged the ball up the court, made one pass, and for some reason called a timeout with 3-seconds remaining.  If the plan all along was to call a timeout, I don't know why they weren't sprinting the ball up the court so the could call the timeout with 6-8 seconds left on the clock. 

The play/shot by Waters to win the game wasn't a good one, but it went in and broke the Aggies' hearts.

A&M off to an 0-3 start in SEC play and 11-4 overall after starting the season 11-1 and climbing as high as #5 in the polls.

TebowHater

Waters with those two insane threes was just insane. Both were desperation prayers

Adam Stokes

Just saw that, wow. And the end of the Florida game might've been even more crazy.

Go to the 1 minute mark.

BannerMountainMan

I thought Arkansas was the only team that can't win on the road?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Breems

Was about to post this. LSU wins @A&M (#11). 2 incredible, long 3s by an LSU guard to seal the deal. Great ending.

What's up with A&M? They have Hogue back. Are they missing others?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hogz87

Quote from: TebowHater on January 06, 2018, 03:15:22 pm
Waters with those two insane threes was just insane. Both were desperation prayers
Yep, neither of those shots had much business going in and he made two of 'em in a row.

Thought for sure this one was over after Robert Williams' baseline hookshot put A&M ahead 68-63 with 16 seconds left in the game.

Breems

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 06, 2018, 03:16:10 pm
Just saw that, wow. And the end of the Florida game might've been even more crazy.

Go to the 1 minute mark.

Noiiiiice! Oddly fun day for SEC basketball.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: Breems on January 06, 2018, 03:17:34 pm
What's up with A&M? They have Hogue back. Are they missing others?

They did get Hogg back today, but they're still missing two starting guards -- Gilder and Wilson.

Hogz87

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 06, 2018, 03:16:10 pm

Go to the 1 minute mark.

That was a horrible foul call on the Florida 3P attempt.

rzrbk4life

Yea both those games were crazy!
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Hogwild

A&M #5 in the country then they started SEC play, 0-3.  And their next two games are road matchups against ranked teams (Kentucky & Tennessee)

Breems

Quote from: Wisco Pig on January 06, 2018, 03:22:26 pm
They did get Hogg back today, but they're still missing two starting guards -- Gilder and Wilson.

Gotcha. Knew there had to be some explanation for such a huge drop off.

Breems

Quote from: Hogwild on January 06, 2018, 03:28:29 pm
A&M #5 in the country then they started SEC play, 0-3.  And their next two games are road matchups against ranked teams (Kentucky & Tennessee)

They could very well start 0-5.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Wisco Pig on January 06, 2018, 03:22:26 pm
Williams didn't play from what I watched and Gilder didn't play either, so missing their best 2 IMO

TigerHog93

It was Tyler Davis who missed the free throws FYI

Dominicanhog

January 07, 2018, 06:45:50 am #15 Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:03:58 am by Dominicanhog
Quote from: Hogz87 on January 06, 2018, 03:22:59 pm
That was a horrible foul call on the Florida 3P attempt.

Yep,

Looks as though the ref decided the winner again, on an anticipation call...

mykidsdad

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 07, 2018, 06:45:50 am
Yep,

Looks as though the ref decided the winner again, on an anticipation call...

terrible call. I cant wait to see hogsanity defend that crap call. oh wait, he only defends refs when they are in the tank against Arkansas. nevermind. Bad, bad call though. So tired of refs anticipating calls. Don't understand that, do you need to start the call early because your afraid that you will not get in out in time? Why anticipate? there was absolute no contact at all!!!!!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 06, 2018, 04:18:40 pm
Williams didn't play

from what I watched and Gilder didn't play either, so missing their best 2 IMO

I wonder if they are back for our game?

The_Iceman

A&M has been decimated by injuries.

hoglady

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2018, 03:16:20 pm
I thought Arkansas was the only team that can't win on the road?

That was home loss for the Aggies.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 07, 2018, 08:50:41 am
A&M has been decimated by injuries.

Unfortunately, you are what your record says you are..maybe he should have recruited a deeper bench.. that's what HV wold say if it was the Hogs...

lynbug

January 07, 2018, 09:11:53 am #21 Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:00:17 pm by lynbug
I wish we had a more clear cut excuse for our recent performances.  Wish the announcers would quit referencing us having one of the most experienced rosters in the country.  Right now they're not playing like it.