Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Byron Hanspard decommits

Started by Richard Davenport, November 29, 2017, 10:37:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Davenport

Pig in the Pokey

I tweeted him best wishes. We all should, he is willing to look at the next staff.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

King Kong

November 29, 2017, 11:25:21 pm #2 Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 03:00:55 pm by King Kong
Hope he recommits

hogginbama

Must have realized that the GOBN is back in charge and have the ability to screw up a wet-dream.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Pig in the Pokey

His mother and Byron II both liked my reply. I think with a strong hire he still wants to come here. we shall see.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

havok

Hoping Byron keeps us in his top choices, and gives a deeper look once we hire our coaching staff.

No matter how it turns out.. hope the best for him.  He's definitely a class act, and one we all would be very proud to see representing our team, & to put that Razorback on his helmet.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2017, 10:09:16 am
His mother and Byron II both liked my reply. I think with a strong hire he still wants to come here. we shall see.

I think that's very possible.

East TN HAWG

This kid seems very classy.  If he were my son, I would tell him to do the same thing, and maybe visit a couple of schools.  I hope he comes back when coach is named.   

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 30, 2017, 12:43:40 pm
I think that's very possible.
good news. i get that feeling as well. They seem like really good people.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 30, 2017, 04:09:16 pm
This kid seems very classy.  If he were my son, I would tell him to do the same thing, and maybe visit a couple of schools.  I hope he comes back when coach is named.
Yeah, i think he just wants to make sure he doesnt clash with his coaches. I know BH2 likes the players and the school already. Seems they really liked BB , too.
@Slackaveli

HogimusMaximus

HEard Baylor is going after him hard and TexasTech will also be in the mix.  We are longshots.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on December 03, 2017, 03:37:17 am
HEard Baylor is going after him hard and TexasTech will also be in the mix.  We are longshots.

I heard you just made that up.

jackflash

I don't blame at all. Depends on who we hire could still be a razorback

Pig in the Pokey

we are the leaders.
@Slackaveli

razoredge178

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 30, 2017, 04:09:16 pm

You mean IF a coach is named? Its looking like we may just wing it.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: razoredge178 on December 04, 2017, 02:05:36 pm
You mean IF a coach is named? Its looking like we may just wing it.
Norvell is well aware of Byron, and Byron of Norvell.
@Slackaveli

GoPigs69

How in the world do you know? If so, let's hear it? If not, then it's nothing more than your personal speculation disguised as a fact.

RLWOLFEMAN

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 04, 2017, 02:06:39 pm
Norvell is well aware of Byron, and Byron of Norvell.
Memphis won't get him.. Silly

imtad16

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 29, 2017, 10:37:22 pm
https://twitter.com/bjhanspard94/status/936082645217435648

He's a special young man. Wish him the best.

Richard, do you know if Coach Morris has reached out to Hanspard and do you think he is open to the Hogs still?

Sugar Free Hog

Razorbacks-Grizzlies-Titans-Red Sox

imtad16

nwahogfan1

Interesting.  If not contacted then I am assuming Morris has better options.

GoPigs69

And I love how our fans tag the coaches in the tweet replies - as if the coaches have no idea who the young man is.

Good lord people are stupid on Twitter.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: GoPigs69 on December 09, 2017, 11:04:27 am
And I love how our fans tag the coaches in the tweet replies - as if the coaches have no idea who the young man is.

Good lord people are stupid on Twitter all the time
FTFY

rljjr

Quote from: GoPigs69 on December 09, 2017, 11:04:27 am

Good lord people are stupid on Twitter.

I don't mind that. The coaches are big on twitter. The fans are replying in kind. They have their lists and might not have him on it, but the kid was a Hog commit for a long time. I'd be disappointed if they didn't at least talk to him -- especially since he's from Texas.

tbhogfan

Quote from: Sugar Free Hog on December 09, 2017, 10:45:47 am
https://twitter.com/bjhanspard94/status/939535051695550464

He said coach Morris has not called him.
This is why you wait until after the new coach has been named and spoken to him before you decommit.  The new staff clearly has other targets that they're more interested in investing their pre early signing day time with. 

Best of luck to the young man. 
Go Hogs!

searkhogfan

Quote from: tbhogfan on December 09, 2017, 11:33:16 am
This is why you wait until after the new coach has been named and spoken to him before you decommit.  The new staff clearly has other targets that they're more interested in investing their pre early signing day time with. 

Best of luck to the young man. 

This is my thinking too

Peter Porker

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 29, 2017, 11:20:51 pm
I tweeted him best wishes. We all should, he is willing to look at the next staff.

Looking at the replies it was easy to pick you out.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hogginbama on November 29, 2017, 11:56:05 pm
Must have realized that the GOBN is back in charge and have the ability to screw up a wet-dream.

Oh No!  NOT the GOBN!  The horror.  Keep your nightlight on.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 09, 2017, 11:57:04 am
Looking at the replies it was easy to pick you out.
ikr, bunch of bad apples on twitter
@Slackaveli

HOGINTENNESSEE

Is it possible Morris didn't know he was a former commit?

hawgball40

bkjbearcat

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 09, 2017, 01:54:05 pm
Is it possible Morris didn't know he was a former commit?

I doubt it, he's not Bert.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

bjeffersonhog

If I had to guess, I think he may be waiting until he has a defensive staff in place before making any out of state defensive offers.  Has to be kind of hard to recruit a kid without knowing who his coaches may be for the next 4 years.  It would be nice to see Morris at least touch base with him though if he has interest in trying to get him to recommit.

rljjr

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on December 09, 2017, 02:47:44 pm
If I had to guess, I think he may be waiting until he has a defensive staff in place before making any out of state defensive offers.  Has to be kind of hard to recruit a kid without knowing who his coaches may be for the next 4 years.  It would be nice to see Morris at least touch base with him though if he has interest in trying to get him to recommit.

He doesn't have the luxury of waiting. He's the HC and needs to reach out. Hanspard is too good to slow play. He's also a Texas kid. He checks all the boxes.
We also need to get on Sosa's buddy and Jefferson.  Those three are difference makers.

Kevin

I thought I read on coaches twitter he was headed to see him last Thursday
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

King Kong

December 09, 2017, 04:23:24 pm #38 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:20:05 pm by King Kong
Quote from: rljjr on December 09, 2017, 03:45:35 pm
He doesn't have the luxury of waiting. He's the HC and needs to reach out. Hanspard is too good to slow play. He's also a Texas kid. He checks all the boxes.
We also need to get on Sosa's buddy and Jefferson.  Those three are difference makers.

Well Gooden is Sosa's buddy. But yeah IMO we need both Jefferson and Gooden.

King Kong

Hanspard deleted the tweet. Maybe Morris has already changed that situation.