Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to Justify Pruitt is A Better Hire than Schiano?

Started by arkansashogs, December 07, 2017, 03:59:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkansashogs

Mod, please remove it if it has already been asked.

My question is that it took damn moron Tennessee people 2 more weeks to hire a guy named Jeremy Pruitt after terminating Greg Schiano. All have good defensive minds, but how to justify Pruitt is a better hire than Schiano? Only thing I see is that Schiano has way more experience and successful program rebuilding experience than Pruitt. Pruitt must be one of the luckiest men in the world along with John Currie laughing at his Tennessee fellows.

Tennessee is screwed up.

GoHogzzGo

They sure are messed up, and thank goodness for that.

Now if Nick Saban could retire, and Chad Morris be a success, we will be all set.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Rudy Baylor

Ole Miss just got slapped on the wrist

it's open season for cheating now - there are no repercussions any more

Jeremy Pruitt will be the new Bobby Collins

Cheat. Cheat like crazy.

hogsanity

Hmmm, because Pruitt was not at Pn St while one of the staff was molesting kids in the PN St locker room showers. The ALLEGATION is that Schiano knew and told no one. Again that is the ALLEGATION.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

thebignasty

Resume isn't there yet, but I think Pruitt is a good coach. I hope Tennessee is too much dumpster for him to overcome. 
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Großer Kriegschwein

You don't, unless you're a Tennessee administrator.
This is my non-signature signature.

regi

OleMiss is losing 24 scholarships over 4 years (does count back to last year),  plus they are getting gutted with transfers.  I expect them to only have about 50 to maybe 60, recruited scholarship players in August.

Boarcephus

Quote from: hogsanity on December 07, 2017, 04:07:21 pm
Hmmm, because Pruitt was not at Pn St while one of the staff was molesting kids in the PN St locker room showers. The ALLEGATION is that Schiano knew and told no one. Again that is the ALLEGATION.

You're dead on.  It made no difference if he knew what was going on in the shower or not, Schiano was sunk through guilt by association.  It will be extremely difficult for anyone remotely associated with Penn State during the time of Sandusky to get a HC job anywhere in the country and that my man is as good as it gets. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

carolinahogger

Quote from: regi on December 07, 2017, 05:27:46 pm
OleMiss is losing 24 scholarships over 4 years (does count back to last year),  plus they are getting gutted with transfers.  I expect them to only have about 50 to maybe 60, recruited scholarship players in August.

This is Hogville.  Please do not introduce facts into the discussion.  Impressions and emotions are allowed.

rljjr

Tenner is the polar opposite of Arkansas this time. We hired an offensive guy who has named a good number of offensive staff. Tenner got a D guy who has named a chunk of defensive coaches (Tracy Rocker included -- always liked that guy on our sideline).

DukeOfPork

Tennessee fans sinking Schiano had nothing to do with Penn State.  Penn State was just a convenient weapon to use to eliminate a coach that they didn't want.

If Nick Saban had been involved with the Penn State fiasco and was interested in the UT job, they wouldn't give a crap about it.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DukeOfPork on December 07, 2017, 05:54:33 pm
Tennessee fans sinking Schiano had nothing to do with Penn State.  Penn State was just a convenient weapon to use to eliminate a coach that they didn't want.

If Nick Saban had been involved with the Penn State fiasco and was interested in the UT job, they wouldn't give a crap about it.

This.
This is my non-signature signature.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: DukeOfPork on December 07, 2017, 05:54:33 pm

you are laughably wrong, here, it has EVERYTHING to do with Pedo State.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: regi on December 07, 2017, 05:27:46 pm

Good. That's still too many than they should have though. The NCAA has no teeth.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 07, 2017, 05:59:32 pm
you are laughably wrong, here, it has EVERYTHING to do with Pedo State.

Umm, no.  You give UT fans way too much credit.

They didn't want him because he isn't a good head coach.  Then Clay Travis and others dredged up the pedo thing and that became a convenient weapon to use against him.

I personally would be concerned with the Penn State story, but if he was a better coach it wouldn't matter to most fans at all. 

There is tons more evidence against Roy Moore and he is probably going to be voted in as a Senator next week.  Why?  Because if people like you, they will ignore all of the accusations.

HiggiePiggy

It starts with the New AD. Fans love him and won't screw up his hire and will think he knows what he is doing because he was the last successful head coach at Tennessee. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hogsanity

Quote from: DukeOfPork on December 07, 2017, 06:07:36 pm

They didn't want him because he isn't a good head coach.  Then Clay Travis and others dredged up the pedo thing and that became a convenient weapon to use against him.

I personally would be concerned with the Penn State story, but if he was a better coach it wouldn't matter to most fans at all. 

There is tons more evidence against Roy Moore and he is probably going to be voted in as a Senator next week.  Why?  Because if people like you, they will ignore all of the accusations.

Even if that is the case, the PN St thing gave them cover. No way the school caves into stupid redneck hillbillies protesting if their only gripe is they did not think they guy is a good coach.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BOAR_N2BWILD

This. Pruitt is not a pedophile.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: arkansashogs on December 07, 2017, 03:59:20 pm
Mod, please remove it if it has already been asked.

My question is that it took damn moron Tennessee people 2 more weeks to hire a guy named Jeremy Pruitt after terminating Greg Schiano. All have good defensive minds, but how to justify Pruitt is a better hire than Schiano? Only thing I see is that Schiano has way more experience and successful program rebuilding experience than Pruitt. Pruitt must be one of the luckiest men in the world along with John Currie laughing at his Tennessee fellows.

Tennessee is screwed up.

I'm not saying Pruitt isn't a good coach; for all I know, he might be the second coming of Knute Rockne.

But I think the Tennessee coaching search was a lot less about finding a coach than Phil Fulmer leading a revolt, with a big assist from a few fat cats and Clay Travis.  I mean, if you can knife coaching legend Johnny Majors in the back, what's John Currie?
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Redhogs

Pruitt may be another Kirby Smart (allot of similarities). TN. did well considering the fire that was raging there.  Would not laugh too hard, may end up being better than CCM in the end, only time will tell.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Tigaman

Clay Trail had nothing to do with it. At Volnation, when someone brought him up as a potential canidate, there were posters who brought his Penn State past.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LRRandy

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on December 08, 2017, 08:39:57 am
so Schiano is a pedophile?!? What an ignorant statement.
This is fun, isn't it.

The_Iceman

Quote from: DukeOfPork on December 07, 2017, 06:07:36 pm

Dead on. The evidence against Schiano was very weak. And how old was he when that happened there?

The_Iceman

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on December 08, 2017, 08:39:57 am

Please give evidence to support Greg Schiano being a pedophile.

Boarcephus

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 08, 2017, 08:43:28 am
I'm not saying Pruitt isn't a good coach; for all I know, he might be the second coming of Knute Rockne.

But I think the Tennessee coaching search was a lot less about finding a coach than Phil Fulmer leading a revolt, with a big assist from a few fat cats and Clay Travis.  I mean, if you can knife coaching legend Johnny Majors in the back, what's John Currie?

This whole deal was nothing more than Fulmer getting the AD gig.  The term I heard used was he was leading the Vol'sheviks revolution.  Fulmer is one backstabbing, slimy sob but, he bleeds orange and that's what they wanted and that's what they got. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: hogsanity on December 08, 2017, 08:38:21 am
Even if that is the case, the PN St thing gave them cover. No way the school caves into stupid redneck hillbillies protesting if their only gripe is they did not think they guy is a good coach.

Possibly, but then it makes them look like they agree with the fans and they simply didn't do their due diligence.

This is why Currie had to go.  The problem is he was buddies with Schiano and just assumed everyone would be delighted with the hire.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 08, 2017, 09:53:08 am
Dead on. The evidence against Schiano was very weak. And how old was he when that happened there?

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 08, 2017, 09:54:05 am

That is why I said ALLEGATION. And we all know the fans used it as cover just cause they wanted Gruden or another big name.

twistitup

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 08, 2017, 09:54:05 am

He witnessed sexual abuse and did nothing about it....maybe that's why people are upset
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Rocket23

There is ZERO proof he knew anything about Sandusky's actions.  He was never deposed, never call to testify, never suspected in cover-up, and he was never mentioned in the Freeh report.  Currie was the person, who as assistant AD was one of driving forces behind Fulmer's ouster.  Phat Phil had been waiting nine years to get him back.  Phil, Haslem ( THE most powerful booster at UT), and their little puppet aka Clay Travis orchestrated this.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: twistitup on December 08, 2017, 11:50:26 am
He witnessed sexual abuse and did nothing about it....maybe that's why people are upset
Just curious did he REALLY ??? :o I've never seen or read anything that conclusively proved he had any such knowledge about what was going at the time. Just because he was on the staff does NOT necessarily mean he was involved in any manner or even knew about the whole travesty. So if you have some proof I would like to see it. That way I will know for sure what to think of the man.