Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Billy Ferrell offered...

Started by ricepig, December 07, 2017, 05:16:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on December 07, 2017, 10:40:28 pm
Fordyce, huh? Cool! Nothing wrong with them redbugs. Good looking prospect.

I can hear someone telling him to follow the bear...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on December 08, 2017, 08:35:45 am
I'm guessing because they had him higher on their board, haha.

Yet, "BB doesn't offer instate kids who are academic risks."  Blah, Blah, Blah...  Don't believe the hype.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawgdavis

Wait, wait, wait I didn't think there was much talent in the state or at least that what I have been lead to believe.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 08, 2017, 10:05:01 am
Yet, "BB doesn't offer instate kids who are academic risks."  Blah, Blah, Blah...  Don't believe the hype.

"Doesn't offer academic risks who aren't as high on their board". I suspect they saw Gooden and Ferrell at the same position and wanted immediate help. They weren't planning on signing as big a class as Morris may, so there's no actual telling what their plans were/are. Morris is giving out offers in Texas to 2* OF and WR's, so every staff does it different.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 08, 2017, 08:02:59 am
You care because you can count back. If we only sign 18 this year, we can sign 32 next year. As long as they're January enrollees.  Having a new staff certainly ensures there will be transfers in the spring.  So, a couple sign and place guys wouldn't hurt. But it's not ideal.

And as long as we stay under the 85 man limit. Can't go over that.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hawgdavis on December 08, 2017, 10:36:01 am
Wait, wait, wait I didn't think there was much talent in the state or at least that what I have been lead to believe.

Still going to be less than 10. That's not very much.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on December 08, 2017, 10:40:49 am
"Doesn't offer academic risks who aren't as high on their board". I suspect they saw Gooden and Ferrell at the same position and wanted immediate help. They weren't planning on signing as big a class as Morris may, so there's no actual telling what their plans were/are. Morris is giving out offers in Texas to 2* OF and WR's, so every staff does it different.

My comment about Brown was a general one.  Nothing to do with Ferrall.  Point being, the mantra about BB not offering instate academic risks wasn't fully truth, which anyone with an ounce of objectivity would know.

Another example of us accepting every single word of our coach as gospel.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 08, 2017, 10:53:24 am
My comment about Brown was a general one.  Nothing to do with Ferrall.  Point being, the mantra about BB not offering instate academic risks wasn't fully truth, which anyone with an ounce of objectivity would know.

Another example of us accepting every single word of our coach as gospel.

Did you ever hear one of the reasons our coaches say that they didn't extend an offer to a prospective player? I heard them say there was a checklist that had to be gone through, the rest is always conjecture from recruiting "gurus".

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on December 08, 2017, 11:03:01 am
Did you ever hear one of the reasons our coaches say that they didn't extend an offer to a prospective player? I heard them say there was a checklist that had to be gone through, the rest is always conjecture from recruiting "gurus".

Admittedly no, but it was spewed here as gospel.  The point still stands, we'll perform whatever mental gymnastics necessary to defend the coach and his policies, or supposed policies.

CDBHawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 08, 2017, 10:49:26 am
And as long as we stay under the 85 man limit. Can't go over that.

Yep.

Oklahawg

Shrewd move for at least three reasons. First, the kid looks like a D1 player. Second, we are likely signing more than under CBB but may not have room for 25 in the class. Thus, you fill the 25 with "sign and place" guys. Third, you make a statement to in-state recruits by offering additional players a chance to play at UA. Tyler Wilson worked out well for Petrino, for example. Greenlaw for CBB, etc.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

navyhog24

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 08, 2017, 02:35:02 pm
Shrewd move for at least three reasons. First, the kid looks like a D1 player. Second, we are likely signing more than under CBB but may not have room for 25 in the class. Thus, you fill the 25 with "sign and place" guys. Third, you make a statement to in-state recruits by offering additional players a chance to play at UA. Tyler Wilson worked out well for Petrino, for example. Greenlaw for CBB, etc.

I can see Morris wanting to try to bring as much to a full class as possible. I think he'll try to get rid of a lot of the dead weight on the roster.