Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trey Quinn

Started by BBHog, December 11, 2017, 12:51:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BBHog

https://twitter.com/coachjstepp/status/940100443593621504

Is our staff coaching the SMU bowl game or did we just get an All American WR grad transfer?

ricepig

Quote from: BBHog on December 11, 2017, 12:51:40 pm
https://twitter.com/coachjstepp/status/940100443593621504

Is our staff coaching the SMU bowl game or did we just get an All American WR grad transfer?

Coaching the bowl game, that's why they haven't officially been named at Arkansas.

cardinalandwhite

Love the people actually tweeting him to ask if he's transferring. Come on, people! He's going pro if anything.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Oklahawg

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 11, 2017, 01:52:04 pm
Love the people actually tweeting him to ask if he's transferring. Come on, people! He's going pro if anything.

Sounds like he might be a grad transfer to UA.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PorkRinds

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 11, 2017, 02:39:04 pm
Sounds like he might be a grad transfer to UA.

How does it sound that way?

SooieGeneris

He played at LSU in 2014-15, not a lot of PT, transferred to SMU and sat out '16, then played this season, caught 90 passes with 7 TDs.

Thus, he has a year of eligibility. If he has a degree, he would be eligible to grad transfer.

I don't know if that is the intent, but with only a little over 100 catches in his career, most of them this season, I doubt that he is turning pro, but who knows?

I guess we will see before too long.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

EastTNHog

Sure sounds like he is transferring to Arkansas...

King Kong

He is for sure talking about the bowl game

Deuce Pigelow

I don't think Coach Stepp is coaching the bowl game. He is already a Hog coach

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 11, 2017, 01:52:04 pm
Arkansas isnt a place to be ashamed of. We can get smu transfers, jeez.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hogcam

Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on December 11, 2017, 09:22:49 pm
False. He was still going to coach the bowl game, but now that Holtz is in charge, idk.

Deuce Pigelow

Quote from: hogcam on December 11, 2017, 09:29:21 pm
False. He was still going to coach the bowl game, but now that Holtz is in charge, idk.

I think Traylor was going to but it is now being reported that Dykes is going to and Traylor will join the Hog staff.

Deuce Pigelow

This from twitter about Traylor.      Adam Grosbard‏Verified account @AdamGrosbard
5m5 minutes ago

Source: New SMU head coach Sonny Dykes will coach the Frisco Bowl as associate head coach Jeff Traylor will be leaving to take a position under Chad Morris at Arkansas

HogNTX

Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on December 11, 2017, 09:22:49 pm

He hasn't been officially named and is still listed on SMU site. http://smumustangs.com/roster.aspx?path=football#sidearm-roster-coaches ...  he's coaching their bowl game. Doubt he's a transfer but I'd take it.

Deuce Pigelow

Quote from: HogNTX on December 11, 2017, 09:36:05 pm
He hasn't been officially named and is still listed on SMU site. http://smumustangs.com/roster.aspx?path=football#sidearm-roster-coaches ...  he's coaching their bowl game. Doubt he's a transfer but I'd take it.

Ok well. I stand corrected. His twitter profile shows him a Hog coach and he is out there recruiting his arse off for the Hogs

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 09:23:47 pm
Arkansas isnt a place to be ashamed of. We can get smu transfers, jeez.

We.certainly can. I was thinking of a different receiver. My bad. Still don't see how that sounds like s grad transfer from that tweet though.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 11, 2017, 09:38:31 pm
We.certainly can. I was thinking of a different receiver. My bad. Still don't see how that sounds like s grad transfer from that tweet though.
i agree if he can go to the nfl he would probably do that. But, you dont pass on a trey quinn grad transfer. Him and JRed would be a pair of nice senior WRs.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogNTX

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 09:41:56 pm
i agree if he can go to the nfl he would probably do that. But, you dont pass on a trey quinn grad transfer. Him and JRed would be a pair of nice senior WRs.

Absolutely!