Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Being reported that there is some serious behind the scenes stuff going on

Started by intoxhog, November 27, 2007, 07:28:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbcks2120

Fill me in on TT. What kind of offense does he like to run?

To me he seems boring. But maybe I don't know enough about him.

ArkieBrat

TT would be a great hire.  I will be keeping fingers 'n toes crossed!  :)

WPS   :razorback:
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

JBucc

QuoteWhat about this link guys: http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2007/11/tommy_tuberville_auburn_agree.html

Talks about TT agreeing in prinicple to a 7 yr deal...he could be using us to get more money maybe
Butch
Gus
TT

Who will we cross off next...
Read the guidelines for signature images.

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 27, 2007, 08:45:25 pm
We pissed off what last night.........3.5?

And you think that spending 6 mil on TT is a good thing?  Yes we pissed away 3.5 mil, but lets no piss away more money that could be used for better things.

Golfer

Quote from: OrvilleRedenporker on November 27, 2007, 08:52:47 pm
I have a source who said the deal with Tuberville began when Auburn played Arkansas.  Jimmy Sexton, the agent for both coaches was in attendance and the subject was addressed....Tuberville to Arkansas, Nutt to be bought out.

You obviously, haven't read the latest posted here a few posts back, where Tubberville is expected to sign a new deal with Auburn.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Gov Hog on November 27, 2007, 08:52:53 pm
Doesn't make sense to help Auburn by giving them 6 million bucks.  If we are going to spend that much there should be someone else we can get.  That would be about as stupid as going to war with a country and paying them a bunch of money to help them fight us.  Who would ever do something as stupid as that?

Not the good ole US of A, huh?  Imagine that.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Harrisonhogfan

Quote from: intoxhog on November 27, 2007, 07:28:01 pm
with Tommy Tubberville per otis.

TT is now in the lead for hog job

TT just used us for a raise Nutt used Nebraska

El Puerco

bcshog

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on November 27, 2007, 07:33:53 pm
sweet maybe TT can get US sponsered by under armor too and we can get some sweet unis
didn't think of that...NICE!!!!!

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: JBucc on November 27, 2007, 08:31:42 pm
Are we just being used again?

Yes.  Let us now forget that we went through the same shite during our search for a BBall coach.

rljjr

We're getting "Altman'd" again ... but I'm holding out hope they're smarter this time and just being really quiet.

Semper Hogelis

I like Tommy The Tool better
Quote from: Hog-I on November 27, 2007, 08:32:35 pm
Oh, man.  I want to hire him now just so we can say Tugger.  I'm proud to be a Tugger!
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

RickyRoma

The bottom line is WE WON'T KNOW ANYTHING UNTIL THEY WANT US TO KNOW SOMETHING.  We don't know if Long went after TT, BD, ABC123.  

This is all just a guessing game!

razorbackkid

Quote from: ToddW on November 27, 2007, 08:35:12 pm
A Tugger it is then!  Tugger's unite!

No offense to you guys and no disrespect for Coach Tubberville....but if my wife was to hear I refused to be a Hugger and then a couple years later became a Tugger, well, it just wouldn't be a good thing.

I'd rather be a Malzahnite.
Or a Johnson.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

WoooPigSooie

News Flash.

Otis is now out of the loop.

This is a feeble attempt to keep himself relevant.
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

GusIsOmniscient

DUDES! TT would be a GREAT hire! He's only lost the western division 4 of the 9 years he's been there. Reversed, that's 5/9 with 1 SEC 'ship, and a dang-near National Championship. The last two years all he's really needed is an offensive coordinator.

Now if he keeps the strong D's and hires Gus, we're gonna DOMINATE!!!
Quote from: imahoggie on December 07, 2007, 09:54:55 pm
rome wasnt built in a day.....but it would have been if gus had been there to run the hurry-up

jkelly107

Hogforlife

Nutt was already owed the 3.5 Mil. we just gave it to him early, not when his contract ran out.

SamBuckhart

I could get behind TT for sure. I wish that Gus could come as OC. He was not part of the problem. I know that none of this will probably happen, but I wish that it would.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

HouSwine

You people that complain about Tuberville must be first day fans or something..[/b]
Not a good start to a discussion
To recap, he should have been out head coach a decade ago.
So should JJ
He is an Arkansas native.
So are a lot of coaches and some have played for Arkansas
He has stolen big time recruits (not just this past year) from under Nutt's nose.
Who hasn't?
He had a 13-0 season.
Yet schedule or something/someone wasn't respected enough to be considered for NC game
His conference record is superb, that with HAVING Georgia on the schedule every year... not South Carolina.
His fanbase however thinks of him as we do hdn...he's possibly a Spurrier has-been type without the exciting offense

I remember watch him conduct his after game comments and his press conference after they beat us a few weeks ago.  I told my buddy "Man would I kill to have a coach that doesnt have to exagerate his words and gyrate his body when he speaks.  It would be nice to have a standup coach like Tuberville."
I thought the same of how Gus handled the Lies and his treatment

If it happens, some of you should shutup and get ready to go from an 8 win program to a 10 win program consistently.
OK but a 10 to 12 win season will keep fans quiet longer

Myhre

Quote from: HouSwine on November 27, 2007, 09:25:55 pm

Because anyone besides USC wins 10-12 every year?  He has the second best record in the NCAA in the past 5 years?  Come on now.

Hogforlife

huntindoc

Quote from: WoooPigSooie on November 27, 2007, 09:16:08 pm
News Flash.

Otis is now out of the loop.

This is a feeble attempt to keep himself relevant.

And that's the second reason for celebration we've had in the last 24 hours.

hd

_Collin1

Quote from: HouSwine on November 27, 2007, 09:25:55 pm
You people that complain about Tuberville must be first day fans or something..[/b]
Not a good start to a discussion
To recap, he should have been out head coach a decade ago.
So should JJ
He is an Arkansas native.
So are a lot of coaches and some have played for Arkansas
He has stolen big time recruits (not just this past year) from under Nutt's nose.
Who hasn't?
He had a 13-0 season.
Yet schedule or something/someone wasn't respected enough to be considered for NC game
His conference record is superb, that with HAVING Georgia on the schedule every year... not South Carolina.
His fanbase however thinks of him as we do hdn...he's possibly a Spurrier has-been type without the exciting offense

I remember watch him conduct his after game comments and his press conference after they beat us a few weeks ago.  I told my buddy "Man would I kill to have a coach that doesnt have to exagerate his words and gyrate his body when he speaks.  It would be nice to have a standup coach like Tuberville."
I thought the same of how Gus handled the Lies and his treatment

If it happens, some of you should shutup and get ready to go from an 8 win program to a 10 win program consistently.
Auburn didnt go to the national championship cause the media darling USC and former National Champ from a couple years back OU were undefeated.  If you remember...  which you dont...  Auburn finished number 1 in the final AP poll.

Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

intoxhog

Quote from: Hogapalooza on November 27, 2007, 09:08:04 pm
He again doesn't know anything! 

Keep paying for that Crap.

Palooza,, he said it on radio. No way i would pay for his "information" LMAO
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

OKCHogFan

Razorback7

What about Terry Bowden?  I figure since others can throw out some outlandish names why not him. Maybe Long is talking to auburn about what happened with bowden.

coolhog

So we thought we had a deal with TT and Auburn countered and kept him!
How freaking stupid is these guys on the HILL. WE keep getting used by
these coaches so they can get a better deal.

Lard

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

hirebutchdavis

Butch Davis!  Tuberville is playing for a better deal.  He just built a 9 million dollar house in Alabama.  

SLC

Quote from: GusIsOmniscient on November 27, 2007, 09:16:40 pm
DUDES! TT would be a GREAT hire! He's only lost the western division 4 of the 9 years he's been there. Reversed, that's 5/9 with 1 SEC 'ship, and a dang-near National Championship. The last two years all he's really needed is an offensive coordinator.

Now if he keeps the strong D's and hires Gus, we're gonna DOMINATE!!!

DANG!!!!
I agree with Joe.  

(I really cannot help it.  Dang! ;D)
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

Catfish69

Did Tubberville win a national championship and I miss it or something???

HatfieldHog

Tubberville is a big name, and he is an Arkansas guy, he would be able to come in a keep our instate talent in tact.

We could do much worse.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

AuburnHog

Quote from: hirebutchdavis on November 27, 2007, 11:17:39 pm
Butch Davis!  Tuberville is playing for a better deal.  He just built a 9 million dollar house in Alabama.  

His new house is right down the road from me and it's not a 9 million dollar house....I'd say around 2 million.  If it's 9 million, it has a lot of upgrades.  He does has a very nice lake house though on Lake Martin.

pignatious

Quote from: AuburnHog on November 27, 2007, 11:24:49 pm
His new house is right down the road from me and it's not a 9 million dollar house....I'd say around 2 million.  If it's 9 million, it has a lot of upgrades.  He does has a very nice lake house though on Lake Martin.

I read 9,000 sq. ft.
Freedom is never free.

67Hog

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on November 27, 2007, 07:33:53 pm
sweet maybe TT can get US sponsered by under armor too and we can get some sweet unis

Please decode this.

AuburnHog

Quote from: pignatious on November 27, 2007, 11:25:53 pm
I read 9,000 sq. ft.

9000 sq ft at 9 million dollars would be $1000/square foot.  Our property values are around $160/square foot.  So even if Tubbs has a ton of upgrades, I doubt it's worth $9 million.  It looks to be a very nice house though.  Tim Hudson (Braves pitcher) is also building a huge house here.  

razorsedge94

I hear that The Ole Ball Coach is interested because he is tired of having to recruit against Florida and Georgia in the east on the field and on the recruiting trail, but I don't know if he would be a good fit here at Arkansas. He would have to emphasize defense and be dedicated to keeping Reggie H or hiring a good defensive coordinator to come with him. SC's defense has been horrible!! :razorback:

BrooklynRoss

Ha, saw this on the TT wiki:

Talking about when he left Ole Miss to go to Auburn:

"He left Ole Miss, reportedly in a pine box..."

Nice. Anyway, if we get Tommy, that's pretty huge. We're talking about a living legend. That 13-0 season at Auburn? The one where they should have won the National Championship? That was 3 years ago. Auburn is nasty right now, capable of beating anyone, devoid of any rebuilding years, always in the SEC title hunt, even this year, arguably a "down" year if you can call it that. To me, TT is a best case scenario, and I'll be seriously happy to have him here.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

RickyRoma

Quote from: razorsedge94 on November 27, 2007, 11:31:09 pm
I hear that The Ole Ball Coach is interested because he is tired of having to recruit against Florida and Georgia in the east on the field and on the recruiting trail, but I don't know if he would be a good fit here at Arkansas. He would have to emphasize defense and be dedicated to keeping Reggie H or hiring a good defensive coordinator to come with him. SC's defense has been horrible!! :razorback:

You'll go far with this as your first post.  Good Luck!

hirebutchdavis

Tuberville has agreed to extension.  He is not coming to Arkansas.

slopinhogs

i'll believe Otis when the sun doesn't shine any more. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

razorsedge94

I would rather have Butch Davis more than any other coach if I had the choice, but he has class and he isn't going to leave UNC after one year in my opinion.

Rayzback

You know TT wants to come back home!  ;D  I can't see us buying out that contract though.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

razorsedge94

Arkansas has great potential to land a big name coach!! How did SC land Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier? Arkansas has the facilities to compete with any team in the country, and all it is going to take is a coach that can recruit well in Texas!! Remember how bad Oklahoma was before Stoops got there? He was able to out recruit everybody for the top athletes in Texas. I beleive Arkansas has better in state talent than Oklahoma, and if we got a big hitter coach that can go in to Texas to competitively recruit against Oklahoma and Texas, Arkansas could be a power house with the right coach.

razorsedge94

I beleive TT, and BD might be our best chances for a great coach, but I am not ruling out a big hitter like Spurrier at this point either.

cjhog1418

Look at my earlier post. WHBQ was on target last week about Nutt going to O missed, BD signing with NC, and today they announced TT to UA.  Book it.