Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attendance @ today's game looks HORRIBLE on TV

Started by Mike Shelton, November 23, 2012, 02:12:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Shelton

I can't blame folks for not going. I PRAY this sends a message to Mr.Long that we as a fan base will not put up with a horrible coaching staff or team next year and that his next hire better be a GRAND SLAM to get us all back.

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

RazorNoles

Please turn your tv to the Arkansas/Lsu game.... That stadium does not look horrible on tv. 

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

RazorNoles

But but but... If the attendance is bad we can blame long .

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Mike Shelton on November 23, 2012, 02:12:51 pm
I can't blame folks for not going. I PRAY this sends a message to Mr.Long that we as a fan base will not put up with a horrible coaching staff or team next year and that his next hire better be a GRAND SLAM to get us all back.

The stands look surprisingly good.  Now if we can cut down on the turnovers.

Mike Shelton

Lol maybe it's because people are wearing black my bad guys haha

Captain

Actually it looks full

Captain

Nice try though on bashing Long with attendance, it's actually full genius.

SouthSide Johnny

November 23, 2012, 02:22:26 pm #10 Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 03:14:07 pm by SSJ

Are you there? or sitting home bitching...

Part of the problem or the solution...

Yep just what I thought Jack Monkey's
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Wants2Win

phadedhawg

For the last conference game against the #7 teM in the nation you would think the stands would be full.  Especially since Fayetteville has been campaigning for this game for so long.

hobhog

Love "fans" that bitch about bad attendance from home.....

phadedhawg

Quote from: hobhog on November 23, 2012, 02:30:29 pm

I like posters who use bad language....it's so edgy

DukeOfPork

Or in the case of Iron Hog, that University of Arkansas games are often played at the University of Arkansas campus.

IronHog

Quote from: DukeOfPork on November 23, 2012, 02:38:04 pm
Or in the case of Iron Hog, that University of Arkansas games are often played at the University of Arkansas campus.

Get out of the SEC and I'll stop griping.

MacHog19

^^This.  How dysfunctional to complain about the attendance, complain about the athletic director, then comment that you understand why attendance is down.

IronHog

Quote from: MacHog19 on November 23, 2012, 02:41:20 pm
^^This.  How dysfunctional to complain about the attendance, complain about the athletic director, then comment that you understand why attendance is down.

I don't understand why attendance is down.

Other SEC schools have bigger stadiums.

SloppinItandLovnIt

Looks full from my TV. Maybe you are just watching in low def , change your channel to 2005
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: SloppinItandLovnIt on November 23, 2012, 02:50:20 pm
Looks full from my TV. Maybe you are just watching in low def , change your channel to 2005
How many people will be there after half?

ricepig

HamIAm

Looks pretty good for a team playing so poorly.

hobhog

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 23, 2012, 02:37:45 pm
I like posters who use bad language....it's so edgy

Now THAT's funny. I needed that....

Tusks

I'm sitting in ATL and the student section at the lower level at the north endzone is empty but otherwise it looks respectable.  Much better than LR.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

bighog77

Looks empty in the end zones. pathetic!!  At least it's full at WMS.

Hogmiser

Welcome to Hog Country Brett Bielema!! We are Happy to have You as A Hog Brett. Go Hogs and WPS!!

HamHands

WMS would be full..............and still have 20K less.

As far as sending Jeff Long a message, we have one half left, it is a little late.
One day at a time.

dynastyhog

I'm all for having games in the Rock but the University is in Fayetteville.  Get off your dead asses and drive to the game. 
Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people. - Zig Ziglar.

Jeffcphog

Fans talk about the attendance and uniforms just so we don't have to talk about the product on the field.

Pickeledpigfeet

those arent real fans......Long had "blow-up" dolls placed in the upper decks to make it look like a sell out!!     (sarcasm)
Get off the Gus bus....Get on the Bret Jet !!!!!

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: hogchic2001 on November 23, 2012, 02:16:23 pm
There are actually a lot of people here today.
Is there still a lot of people there?? Lol

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tusks

recruits can see the construction around the stadium......looks good.....great shots of the campus......stadium looks fine....if the hogs we''re #5 it would beSRO.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

LZH

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 23, 2012, 02:59:43 pm
How many people will be there after half?

ESPN Radio just said many left after halftime.

onebadrubi

WMS holds around 55,000.  Their are NOT 75,000 fans there today.  And there are definitely not 35,000 there now. 

CabotHog87

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 23, 2012, 03:53:11 pm
WMS holds around 55,000.  Their are NOT 75,000 fans there today.  And there are definitely not 35,000 there now.

Because we're losing 10-0 at half?

razorhead94

Lots of people left at half.  It does not look good considering its 10-3 against LSU.  I wish CBS would quit showing the overhead shot and our empty seats.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

air

TNhogfan

Quote from: Hogmiser on November 23, 2012, 03:17:32 pm
Should be in The Rock. JS. :) :razorback:
Why?  The University is located in Fayetteville, 

pigfeet

I agree that it was a piss poor turnout. I also believe that the game should be in Fayetteville but moved to Saturday if the opponent changes to Mizzou. I am a season ticket holder, but never get to attend this game due being out of town.

prairiehogcompanion

I'm for playing games in Little Rock . . . as soon as a new 72,000 seat stadium is built there.

Devil_Dog

I was at the game and it was pretty full (after kick off) Except the red zone seats saw alot of emety ones

buldozer

Sure looked half empty on TV when they panned the stadium....

jthill

I was in the student section freezing my ass off today. Student turnout wasn't that bad considering a. the weather sucked b. the game was a day after a holiday, a lot of students went home and c. we were a 4-7 team. But those of us that were there were loud the entire game. I can't defend those that left at halftime. Shame on them but to complain about attendance while watching the game on TV is just stupid. If you aren't happy about the turnout show up and do something about it or shut up. I was there doing my part. Where were you? It wasn't a great atmosphere but those of us that were there did our part and made the best of a bad situation.

WSPHOG

Just got home from the game and the crowd was amazingly good considering how cold it was and bad our team sucks. I really was impressed with how many fans showed up today.  I would guess 66,000 showed up for kick off something like that.

razorbackcpa

Quote from: jthill on November 23, 2012, 11:18:41 pm
b. the game was a day after a holiday, a lot of students went home

I am so freaking sick of hearing this excuse. Last I checked, no other teams playing games the weekend after Thanksgiving have trouble filling the student section.

deucea729

<rant>

If you're sitting on your couch watching the game on your TV ...

DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT ATTENDANCE.  YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM YOU'RE DESCRIBING.

</rant>

Sorry for the rant in all caps. Just froze my tail off at the game while you were scoping those ugly overhead shots from the warmth of your living room.  :)

Razers

My husband and I were at the game in the south outdoor club. The temp with wind chill was 37 degrees and in the shade. We went in a little bit before halftime and sat in the club level until the beginning of the 4th quarter. We left early because of the cold and we also had to drive back to Ada, Oklahoma to go to the OU -OSU game on Saturday.

Hawg-in-das

Stands were noticeably empty after halftime at a game against #7 LSU and only down by 7.  CBS showed that over and over and over...