Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vin Ascolese?

Started by nattyhypethe3rd, September 19, 2012, 11:44:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

We need some big, fast, heavily recruited studs. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

whosiskid

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2012, 03:51:43 pm

Vin wasn't heavily recruited, but he is definitely a stud. Illinois and Texas A&M tried to recruit him towards the end of the process, A&M after his all star game. He declined to visit College Station, did visit U of I, but really was only interested in Arkansas.

Based on what I've seen of the extended 20 minute highlight reel that was on one of the sites last January, Vin is exactly the kind of linebacker we should be recruiting, and pray to be able to sign. He has the speed, the instincts, the ability to read defenses and close plays, that you want in a linebacker. He isn't yet quite the size you want, but that is why they have weight rooms. He was the starting running back on his team as well, which is one reason he probably didn't want to gain much weight. I think he was around 210 or 215 in high school. There is nothing especially magical about getting recruited by a lot of schools. The single most impressive player I've seen footage of this year is Ryan Timmons. The kid is a running back who averages around 23 yards per carry and scores TDs on over half his carries. Google "Ryan Timmons HUDL" to get his Hudl highlight reels. Yet he is lightly recruited. I don't know why. Tenpenny's highlight reel isn't remotely as good as Timmons, though granted we didn't get a junior year highlight reel. But neither does Tenpenny have stats anywhere close to Timmons's. Again, Timmons is lightly recruited, but it makes no sense. He also has good grades, so it isn't an eligibility thing.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

OnTheHillHogFan

He posted on twitter in the beginning of the summer that he was around 220-225. Wouldn't be a surprise to see him closer to 230 now so he definitely has done a good job on his own of putting on weight and working hard.

He was offered late by South Carolina and Michigan St as well.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

the_kosher_pig

Vin Ascolese doesn't get timed in the 40.  He simply slows down enough to allow the time keeper click start/stop as fast as possible and beat the old time keeper's record.
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

Break & Run

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on September 27, 2012, 11:34:40 pm
He posted on twitter in the beginning of the summer that he was around 220-225. Wouldn't be a surprise to see him closer to 230 now so he definitely has done a good job on his own of putting on weight and working hard.

He was offered late by South Carolina and Michigan St as well.

The kid has heart.  He loves the game and is a student of the game.  Very good young man.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Wildhog

It's all about your competition.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ki285

Quote from: Wildhog on September 28, 2012, 01:00:24 pm
It's all about your competition.
thats partly true. the instincts this kid has and the attitude he plays with have nothing to do with competition he plays. plus im sure he played better competition then defonte lowe and aj turner

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: ki285 on September 28, 2012, 05:47:57 pm
thats partly true. the instincts this kid has and the attitude he plays with have nothing to do with competition he plays. plus im sure he played better competition then defonte lowe and aj turner
I dunno.  Lowe played against AJ Turner and Byron Jones.  Two SEC players.  AJ Turner and Byron Jones played against Lowe and Davidell Collins, an Oklahoma State commit.
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

hawgwatcher

He said he was enrolling in the Spring. He posted on twitter and said,"just want to make one thing clear .. i carried a 3.1 core gpa through h.s and scored close to a 1400 on my Sat . don't get it twisted". Posted that on Sept. 24th.
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing"- Vince Lombardi

hawgwatcher

He shut the acct back down pretty quick..."‏@HogSportsTalkRT "@Ascolese11: Havent forgotten about u guys ! still love ya .. Been Grinding my balls off everyday .. #WPS !"
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing"- Vince Lombardi

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: hawgwatcher on October 01, 2012, 11:32:07 pm
Been Grinding my balls off everyday .. #WPS !"

Uh oh, sounds like he might be a Mississippi St. flip
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Iwastherein1969

that requires $$$$$
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

deblaylock06

I still think Ascolese could be a great "Star" type LB.  A taller version of Jericho.  Rasner is just a little too slow to play like these guys IMHO

Tim Harris

Quote from: deblaylock06 on November 12, 2012, 08:11:14 am
I still think Ascolese could be a great "Star" type LB.  A taller version of Jericho.  Rasner is just a little too slow to play like these guys IMHO

That is if we even have the star spot next year.

Tim Harris

BrianWPS!!

He does look like a great highschool player but do did people like Kane whitehurst and I heard the EXACT same stuff from people hyping him up as well when in reality, he was never really going to see the field anyway. The people saying he will be greatare just as ignorant as those downing him and saying he won't. The competition level looked tiny and who knows how focused he is off te field. Praising a player before he even gets off campus usually ends up biting Arkansas in the butt. See Ronnie wingo as well. Let's focus on players that are here and are contributing.

redleg

The life-blood of any program is recruiting. Any college football coach will tell you that. Vin Ascolese seems to be a quality young man with good size, talent, and heart, and if he sticks with his pledge to Arkansas he will make a positive impact for the Hogs defense in 2013 and beyond. Imagine how hard he will play at Rutgers next year?!
What we need to happen, and very soon, is see a new head coach hired so he and his staff can start re-recruiting these guys. I would think we will all hear about a new guy within 7 to 10 days after the LSU game.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.