Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumor mill

Started by str8volfan, June 07, 2017, 11:57:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

str8volfan

I figure we should have one of these threads, I didnt scroll so if there is one already, my sincerest apologies.

Anybody hearing the rumors that Danica will be replaced by Kahne in the 10 next year. I've seen it in a couple of different places in the last few days. Dont ask for links because I am heavily medicated and to be honest, didnt pay much attention where I was reading it. My bad.

riccoar

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/19531408/patrick-future-shr-uncertain-2017-season

She's signed thru 2018 but clauses that could make it end at 2017.  With anybody else in the car, it still comes down to sponsorship I would guess.  And at one time there was rumor that Kahne was on hot seat at HMS.  With the 88 having someone new, I wonder what they think about keeping Kahne now.

Racinray

If I was Kahne I would be looking to get out of that ride to, nobody has been competitive in that ride.

riccoar

Quote from: Racinray on June 08, 2017, 07:13:29 am
If I was Kahne I would be looking to get out of that ride to, nobody has been competitive in that ride.
I think having a 4 car team is hard.  Especially hard having all 4 run consistent week in and week out.  Gibbs seems to do the best with this.  With HMS, the 48 gets top billing.  Martin found out what it was like after the first year.  They pulled most of his members over to the 88 to no avail. I think that 5 car just gets the leftovers.

riccoar

Saw another article which makes sense.  Looks like HMS maybe moving to a 3 car team because of sponsor issues. That could be why Kahne is rumored for a new ride.   

holeinthewall

Can't see Kahne in a Ford ever after the lawsuits between them over him leaving Ford form Everham.  I asked Kasey at the 2006 Pepsi 400in Daytona why he left Ford. He said they didn't want to give me a chance and Everham did.  He was in our suite I figured I would ask him an actual question rather than the crap some of the people asked him.

Kasey may be out of the 5 because he has lost the majority of his sponsorship for next year.   Same with Danica. If you are going to be running a team out of your pocket (hello 41 team) you better be in the chase and getting wins.  Don't forget Roush is going back to 3 cars next year or they lose their charter for the 16.

I still think Carl comes back in some form. Maybe car owner/driver if Jack decides to step away at some point.

Racinray

Just read Blaney to Penske?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on June 09, 2017, 08:48:59 pm
Just read Blaney to Penske?

He's been with them for 4 or 5 years in Xfinity. Wood Bros 21 car has technical alliance with Penske.

str8volfan

I was thinking to myself the other day, I dont know how much money Danica brings in, obviously not as much as in previous years considering she doesnt have a primary sponsor. You know Aspen Dental isnt a golden goose. Anyway, it would have to be a bunch of money considering how many cars she tears up. Think about it, there is hardly ever a race that she doesnt total a car. Food for thought, me thinks...

Racinray

Where will Matt Kenseth be racing next year? I think it's sad that JGR hasn't said a word about.

holeinthewall

Quote from: Racinray on July 08, 2017, 07:31:23 am
Where will Matt Kenseth be racing next year? I think it's sad that JGR hasn't said a word about.

I think it is hilarious JGR is doing to Matt the same thing Matt did to Roush when he left there. Matt never said a word to Jack and signed with JGR without ever negotiating a new contract with Roush. So screw him. I hope he ends up without a ride.  He is as washed up as JR anyways.

tophawg19

I think Nascar will keep Danica in a car as part of their diversity program . As well as moving a few others up
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ImHogginIt

Watching the show on NBCSN NASCAR The Decades and while I'm glad they raised the splitter a little in 2017 I really wish they would go back to what it used to be way back then and raise the splitters more or even removing them. Make those drivers have to use their talent more and make the racing fun to watch again. Anyone see any articles of late talking about lowering downforce for 2018 ?

riccoar

Blaney moving to Penske in 2018 as Penske moves to 3 car team.  Kez re-upd with Penske.

Menard moving to the #21 Wood Bro in 2018

holeinthewall

Quote from: riccoar on July 26, 2017, 12:09:40 pm
Blaney moving to Penske in 2018 as Penske moves to 3 car team.  Kez re-upd with Penske.

Menard moving to the #21 Wood Bro in 2018

Menard trying to race for every origination in NASCAR before he retires?

So the 21 leased a charter from the 32 team and then leased a charter from the 44 team. If RPM isn't going back to 2 teams they have to lease the 44 charter.  So both the 21 and the 12 team need a charter for next year. Roush has one to give as he can lease the 6 or the 17 but not the 16 that they leased to JTR and the 37 this year.  Or did Menard have the rights to the charter at RCR?   Damn this gets complicated.  Regardless lots of off season bargaining to keep and attain charters will be happening.

riccoar

I think Penske has kept the 2, 12, 22

str8volfan

Blaney and Larson are my new guys. Hate to see Blaney move over, I really think he would be better served in the 21. Its gonna be strange seeing the Wood Brothers car in highlighter yellow.

Racinray

Quote from: holeinthewall on July 26, 2017, 01:02:33 pm

So the 21 leased a charter from the 32 team and then leased a charter from the 44 team. If RPM isn't going back to 2 teams they have to lease the 44 charter.  So both the 21 and the 12 team need a charter for next year. Roush has one to give as he can lease the 6 or the 17 but not the 16 that they leased to JTR and the 37 this year.  Or did Menard have the rights to the charter at RCR?   Damn this gets complicated.  Regardless lots of off season bargaining to keep and attain charters will be happening.

My head hurts after reading that.

Racinray

Quote from: holeinthewall on July 26, 2017, 01:02:33 pm

When Daddy has a big check book you can go anywhere you want.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: str8volfan on July 26, 2017, 06:17:30 pm
Blaney and Larson are my new guys. Hate to see Blaney move over, I really think he would be better served in the 21. Its gonna be strange seeing the Wood Brothers car in highlighter yellow.

Oh I think he will be on the level of Kes and Logano at Penske. I still have not warmed up to his personality. I do like the way he drives and I really like Brad and Joey.

riccoar

Probably a win.  Blaney gets a better ride and Menard brings more cash flow into Woods.

str8volfan

I hope Blaney gets the Wood Bros their 100th before he leaves.

Racinray

Who will replace Target on Larson's car?

MWR334

riccoar

Kurt Busch will not return to SHR in 2018.  Stewart Haas not picking up 2018 option.

My bet is they scrap that car and move sponsors to the #10.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on August 01, 2017, 12:31:20 pm
Kurt Busch will not return to SHR in 2018.  Stewart Haas not picking up 2018 option.

NASCAR dying a slow death.

Racinray

Quote from: riccoar on August 01, 2017, 12:31:20 pm

Wow, didn't see that coming.

Buff

If they want to win they'll scrap Danica.  #Obvious

ImHogginIt

The #5 is now free at HMS.This silly season will be a good one

Racinray

Kahne to 41, KB to 77

str8volfan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 07, 2017, 10:37:47 am
The #5 is now free at HMS.This silly season will be a good one
I think everybody knows who is gonna be in this car.

str8volfan

I wonder what happened. KB was Haas boy a few years ago.

Racinray

Quote from: str8volfan on August 07, 2017, 06:36:58 pm
I wonder what happened. KB was Haas boy a few years ago.
Makes you wonder, he was their poster child!

riccoar

Byron to the #5.  Hendrick can put whomever in there, but until all 4 cars get the same shake they are gonna be mid pack runners.

holeinthewall

Quote from: Racinray on August 07, 2017, 07:30:53 pm
Makes you wonder, he was their poster child!

They talked about it before the race Sunday. Haas wants Kurt in the car they opted out of the contract hoping to get him resigned cheaper.  Kurt went public with it not giving them the opportunity to keep it in house. Not sure where he is going tog et a better ride at his age there seems to be a serious youth movement.  Problem is xfinity series is going belly up. If they keep limiting Cup drivers to fewer races it is going to 30 non competitive cars and then basically JR, JGR and RCR left running competitive teams. 

The kid that won last week had enough money to run 2 races for JGR.  He is making money he is paying to race not many families can do that.  So where are future cup drivers going to come from when the feeder series are all done.

Racinray

If you bring money, you can race.

str8volfan

Id be surprised if Kurt went anywhere. Im sure that SHR doesnt want Monster going with him if he leaves. Also, it was a foregone conclusion that Byron would be in the 5 next year.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 01, 2017, 04:56:14 pm
NASCAR dying a slow death.
I dont know about all tracks, but Bristol is dead.  Looks like less than half the track is sold out lately.  10 years ago you could not buy a ticker.  Kind of sad.
that's what happens when u keep raising the price of tickets.  Average family cannot afford to go now.

holeinthewall

Quote from: East TN HAWG on August 08, 2017, 09:16:57 pm
I dont know about all tracks, but Bristol is dead.  Looks like less than half the track is sold out lately.  10 years ago you could not buy a ticker.  Kind of sad.
that's what happens when u keep raising the price of tickets.  Average family cannot afford to go now.

They need more road courses. Watkins glen sold out. They should be racing Mid Ohio this weekend with Xfinity series.

ImHogginIt

Would love to see Matt K in the 88 next year. HMS needs to have some experienced drivers. Kind of surprised Elliot has yet to win a race in the 24.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: East TN HAWG on August 08, 2017, 09:16:57 pm

The 2007 repave is what destroyed attendance at Bristol. Used to be a lot of trading paint on the track before the repave. They need to do another repave and put it back the way it was.

str8volfan

Brian France is the problem with NASCAR. HE wont leave well enough alone.

ImHogginIt

str8volfan

Ryan Blaney has a great podcast. Its called Glass case of Emotion. Last night they were discussing how badass kangaroos would be if they had full sized arms. Some funny stuff every week.

holeinthewall

Quote from: str8volfan on August 09, 2017, 09:30:52 pm
Ryan Blaney has a great podcast. Its called Glass case of Emotion. Last night they were discussing how badass kangaroos would be if they had full sized arms. Some funny stuff every week.

Never thought about it but that is funny ****

I for one hope Matt doesn't get a ride.   

riccoar

Quote from: holeinthewall on August 10, 2017, 05:20:15 am
Never thought about it but that is funny ****

I for one hope Matt doesn't get a ride.   
I like Matt, but with every other JGR team and their side teams tearing it up it, it's probably time to retire or stop looking for a prime seat.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: riccoar on August 10, 2017, 06:54:26 am
I like Matt, but with every other JGR team and their side teams tearing it up it, it's probably time to retire or stop looking for a prime seat.

The 18 has 1 win and 8 top 5's
The 11 has 1 win and 8 top 5's
The 19 has 0 wins and 1 top 5

Matt has 0 wins and 6 top 5's. So he's not doing any worse than the rest of the team and you have to think JGR has known all season he wasn't going to be resigned so he likely is getting less help from the organization than all other teams.

Racinray

If they can't find a sponsor for the 77, FRM will be back to a one car team. Sorry don't have a link.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 09, 2017, 08:00:36 pm
https://twitter.com/GMSRacingLLC/status/895404397957656577

I bet Kasey will be their driver in the Cup series

So the big announcement was just announcing a stupid throwback scheme for Waltrip. Jeesh !!!

I don't know about you guys but the paint scheme's on cars has never given me a woody like it does some folks