Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cornelius Flips back to the Hogs

Started by Adam Stokes, December 18, 2013, 02:46:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

This is great news.   :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  Glad to have you back Jared.

Richard Davenport
‏@ArRecruitingGuy
WR Jared Cornelius @officialjred flips from TCU to Arkansas.
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2013/dec/18/cornelius-flips-back-hogs/

Hog on the Hill

I'll believe it when he signs his LOI.  Flipping and then flipping back does not inspire trust.

edit: he's an early enrollee, so did he sign today?  I can't remember how this works

edit2: RD says he signed a financial aid agreement with us so there's that, I guess.  I don't know how binding that is.

immahog

Lol good my question is K brown must not of been good enough to flip back
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

ADavisTheGOAT

Now we wait for the Tretola announcement!  :razorback:
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Tim Harris

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on December 18, 2013, 02:47:31 pm
I'll believe it when he signs his LOI.  Flipping and then flipping back does not inspire trust.

edit: he's an early enrollee, so did he sign today?  I can't remember how this works

Signed his financial papers just like Rafe and Chris Murphy have.  LOI today are only for JC kids.

Mark_Freeman

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on December 18, 2013, 02:47:31 pm

He signed a binding financial aid agreement.

PorkRinds

Danny West ‏@DannyWest1  4m 
Cornelius spoke to Bielema and Peavey last night. Announcement was going to come tomorrow, but decided to go ahead with it.

Rafe doing work!

The Boar War

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 18, 2013, 02:49:35 pm
Danny West ‏@DannyWest1  4m 
Cornelius spoke to Bielema and Peavey last night. Announcement was going to come tomorrow, but decided to go ahead with it.

Rafe doing work!

That's great.

arkjay19

Signing a financial agreement seems pretty much like signing a LOI.

And there certainly seems to be more guys than usual coming in at the semester.  It could be great for depth if a few commits come in, go through offseason workouts and spring training.

EDIT: Signing a financial agreement only binds the college to the scholarship offer to the athlete, but not the athlete to the school.  However, it gets a big hurdle out of the way for the athlete and the school no longer faces the same recruiting restrictions.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Mark_Freeman on December 18, 2013, 02:49:11 pm
He signed a binding financial aid agreement.

Only binds the school to him but not him to the school.  He could still go somewhere else if he wanted.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 18, 2013, 02:50:55 pm

Only binds the school to him but not him to the school.  He could still go somewhere else if he wanted.

But would he not have to pay his own way for awhile?

This is all very strange indeed. Glad to hear it though. Got to love an early enrollee.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Break & Run

"Rafe talks a good game, man.  He had a lot to do with this decision."
- Jared Cornelius
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

ADavisTheGOAT

When Rafe gets older, we need him on our staff! He can recruit!

The NewEra

Quote from: Break & Run on December 18, 2013, 02:54:11 pm
- Jared Cornelius

Rafe continues to impress me. He has really taken a leadership role in this class along with Jackson.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Break & Run on December 18, 2013, 02:54:11 pm
- Jared Cornelius

Awesome.  Rafe is the best thing to happen to hog football since Alex Collins.  So far at least.  I hope he becomes a great football player, but he's already a great hog!

Break & Run

"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

jjdlc

jjdlc

Wonder if Cornelius took his offical to TCU and figured out the area wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Hog on the Hill

ESPN explanation of financial aid agreements:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post/_/id/46760/recruits-can-sign-early-financial-aid-deals

Pertinent bits:

It doesn't create an early signing period. It doesn't establish a new rule -- this is simply an interpretation of pre-existing legislation.

It doesn't obligate the prospect to attend the school with which he signs the financial-aid agreement. It doesn't create a recruiting ban on other programs from pursuing the prospect after he signs the agreement.

And it doesn't replace the letter of intent, which remains the standard document by which universities are bound to prospects, notably for the majority of prospects who graduate at the end of an academic year.

So these aren't binding for the athlete at all.  The athlete can still go somewhere else if he wants.  It just means the school can't back out of giving him a scholarship if they change their mind about wanting the athlete.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on December 18, 2013, 02:59:12 pm
ESPN explanation of financial aid agreements:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post/_/id/46760/recruits-can-sign-early-financial-aid-deals

Pertinent bits:

It doesn't create an early signing period. It doesn't establish a new rule -- this is simply an interpretation of pre-existing legislation.

It doesn't obligate the prospect to attend the school with which he signs the financial-aid agreement. It doesn't create a recruiting ban on other programs from pursuing the prospect after he signs the agreement.

And it doesn't replace the letter of intent, which remains the standard document by which universities are bound to prospects, notably for the majority of prospects who graduate at the end of an academic year.

So these aren't binding for the athlete at all.  The athlete can still go somewhere else if he wants.  It just means the school can't back out of giving him a scholarship if they change their mind about wanting the athlete.

After flipping and coming back, I don't see that happening with JC.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: jjdlc on December 18, 2013, 02:59:09 pm
Wonder if Cornelius took his offical to TCU and figured out the area wasn't all it was cracked up to be.
Jimmie Swain thought that.

arkjay19

The financial aid agreements are kind of a new level of commitment.  The levels are:

Soft verbal
Verbal commitment
Financial aid agreement
Signed LOI

jjdlc

Quote from: Hogfan991 on December 18, 2013, 03:04:08 pm
Jimmie Swain thought that.

Can't imagine why.  He did come here on an unofficial, so he knew the hill too.

Break & Run

I bet Santos Ramirez was in his ear after coming home from his OV this last weekend.

Wildhog

Apparently Rafe Peavey was a big reason he flipped back.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Break & Run

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Break & Run on December 18, 2013, 03:08:57 pm
I bet Santos Ramirez was in his ear after coming home from his OV this last weekend.

"Rafe talks a good game, man. He had a lot to do with this decision." - @officialjred
Expand

He said quarterback commitment Rafe Peavey also played a role in his decision to flip back to the Hogs. Shreveport Evangel defensive back Santos Ramirez was in his ear after making his official visit over the weekend and wanted him to join him in Fayetteville.

PorkRinds

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on December 18, 2013, 03:12:45 pm
"Rafe talks a good game, man. He had a lot to do with this decision." - @officialjred
Expand

Also this:

Shreveport Evangel defensive back Santos Ramirez was in his ear after making his official visit over the weekend and wanted him to join him in Fayetteville.

MissippHog

With McBride, Hollister, and Cornelius. I would think that wraps up our WR recruiting.  What do you guys think?

PorkRinds

This also shows us that we should probably not go insane on kids when they flip or choose to go somewhere else.  There's always that chance they flip back, but not if we trash them afterward.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: MissippHog on December 18, 2013, 03:14:33 pm
With McBride, Hollister, and Cornelius. I would think that wraps up our WR recruiting.  What do you guys think?
Unless one of the Big dogs wants to come.

jjdlc

Maybe, however if Iheanacho, Dupre, or Jennings decides they want to come here, I doubt we turn them away.  Not saying it is likely or anything, just saying I doubt we'd turn them down.

Tim Harris

Yes......

Queue the folks who say we will still take Dupre and all the other elite WR still on the board that we have 1% chance of landing.

Break & Run

If Malachi Dupre or Frank Nacho wants to come, we'll make room.

gijoejd

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 18, 2013, 03:14:51 pm
This also shows us that we should probably not go insane on kids when they flip or choose to go somewhere else.  There's always that chance they flip back, but not if we trash them afterward.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

WooPig90

Probably Mosley too correct? Or is he going to play DB?

tophawg19

still 2 more WR'S we are recruiting Nacho and the young man from Louisanna
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

WooPig90

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 18, 2013, 03:21:48 pm

And Adonis Jennings

ADavisTheGOAT

Heard Kenny Young set some more visits today, up to 3 officials.

Break & Run

The_Iceman

The Bielema haters were out in full force when he flipped to TCU. Where are they now?

MissippHog

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 18, 2013, 03:18:37 pm
Yes......

Queue the folks who say we will still take Dupre and all the other elite WR still on the board that we have 1% chance of landing.
That's kinda what I was thinking Tim.  Realistically our chances with those guys are slim to none.

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 18, 2013, 03:21:48 pm

WRU???

gijoejd

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 18, 2013, 03:22:59 pm
The Bielema haters were out in full force when he flipped to TCU. Where are they now?

CDBHawg

Quote from: Break & Run on December 18, 2013, 03:18:56 pm
If Malachi Dupre or Frank Nacho wants to come, we'll make room.

Who do we not accept?

ricepig

I'm wondering if the Debbie Downers will start a thread in MMBQ about his flipping back?  No, not really, I'm sure he won't.

Dirty

No where to be found!

CDBHawg

Actually most were saying that he was asked to look around due to the recruitment of Cody Hollister. A lot were saying JC was too small to play in the SEC.

Break & Run

We still have 7 spots to fill plus any early enrollees that count back.

Break & Run

Cornelius and Peavey both count back plus Hollister.