Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching candidates

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, January 17, 2018, 06:45:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: maggiesue on January 17, 2018, 07:55:28 pm
Anyone with a pulse.  This is the worst basketball in the country to watch.  No offense, lazy defense and a coach that just stares at the court regardless of what is happening.  I watched 10 minutes of it tonight and said I am done...not gonna watch anymore.

You should have stuck around.  We really threw a wrinkle at them at the end.  We went to a match up zone, and CJ Jones was guarding their point guard FROM BEHIND.  Yes, you read that right.  He was off to the side so far that as the FLA player dribbled the ball, the ball was completely in front of Jones.  I've never seen anything like that before.  I'm not kidding...the FLA player looked confused, almost as if he was thinking..."Does he know our basket is this way?" 

I have NEVER seen ANY basketball team so unwilling to get in front of a player dribbling the ball.  It's as if they can't wait to let their player go by so they are done playing defense for the possession.  I know exactly why you turned it, because watching them dribble right to the basket uncontested like they have 5 Allen Iverson's on the floor is the most ridiculous thing in the world.  The announcer tried at one point to subtly suggest that we aren't great at "on the ball" defense.  REALLY?  No, surely not.   :o
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Porknoxville

checkraiser88

Sivad

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 17, 2018, 08:16:17 pm
Nolan has no interest in coming back
Not even for "Mike Anderson money" and one of those statues he wanted?

Sportsguy

Lon Kruger? OU is a good basketball program with great tradition, but Arkansas does too. If we take our scarlet colored glasses off, is it a step or down?

Guy can coach and wins anywhere he is at. 

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Torqued pork

Quote from: Hogginintheville on January 17, 2018, 08:11:11 pm
Will never happen. He hates us for the way we treated Pelphrey.
Different leadership at the school and athletic department now. Donovan would have to be very petty to still carry a grudge over Pel.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 18, 2018, 05:01:46 am
Different leadership at the school and athletic department now. Donovan would have to be very petty to still carry a grudge over Pel.

If Donovan goes back to college next year, I think it will be at Louisville.

We'd have a better shot with Fred Hoiberg.

Bigmac2

Dana Altman, do you think he would want to come back home.

ballinhog

Matt McCall would be my pick. Young up and comer very similar to Mike White and Will Wade. That's just off the top of my head though, if I really thought Mike was getting fired and really started looking at coaches I could very possibly fine someone I'd like more

MAGA45

Will Wade 100%.  And with his entire staff.  They were an impressive bunch when they throttled us in front of 18,000. All the coaches were up and coaching hard the entire game. 
Fake News

hobhog

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on January 17, 2018, 09:37:20 pm
It is a good thing that I retired from being a MOD is this forum. It would have been sent to the trash

Why? If you take out all the negative posting there would only be 5 people talking amongst themselves.....

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

raz1965

Chris Beard. Oh wait has he won 2 rd games all year? Not easy on the road even by what some say are great coaches.

Triple T

If Billy Donovan gets fired and doesn't go to Louisville (for whatever reason), he'd obviously be the guy you go after. That being said, I've wanted Gregg Marshall since we fired Heath.

GuvHog

January 18, 2018, 12:14:06 pm #65 Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:54:08 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 17, 2018, 10:05:32 pm
Right here..

My sentiments exactly!!  They should have been hired instead of Mike Anderson.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Oliver

Quote from: raz1965 on January 18, 2018, 11:10:07 am
Chris Beard. Oh wait has he won 2 rd games all year? Not easy on the road even by what some say are great coaches.

Chris Beard won a road game at Kansas.  That's one more road game than we've won this year.

razrbakr1

If Arkansas brass wants it bad enough there are several young coaches that could be had.
Chris Beard heads that list.  Offer the money and don't go cheap.  But Anderson will be here another year even after laying an egg with what was supposed to be his best team and half the fan base will still praise him.

hobhog

Quote from: raz1965 on January 18, 2018, 11:10:07 am

Top ten team in second season. Ours can't get us ranked in year 7. I'd take Beard in a heartbeat.

hobhog

Quote from: razrbakr1 on January 18, 2018, 01:08:57 pm
If Arkansas brass wants it bad enough there are several young coaches that could be had.
Chris Beard heads that list.  Offer the money and don't go cheap.  But Anderson will be here another year even after laying an egg with what was supposed to be his best team and half the fan base will still praise him.

I don't think MA has support of half the fanbase anymore. Half want to move on, 25% don't care anymore, and 25% like him more than winning.

stronguard

Is anyone really suprised that MA is being shown to be a less than stellar coach?

HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS.  He's a pretty good recruiter who's career highlights are assisting a legend win a lone NC, giving his nephew an undeserved schollie, beating KY in the NCAA tourney with a UAB team that couldn't miss for a game, getting Mizzou highly ranked in the regular season before tanking in rd 1 of the NCAAs.

Mike & BB are clones.  Both obviously know their sports, both have trouble adjusting to adversity, both would be fun to watch a game with, and both will eventually be ex UA coaches.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: stronguard on January 18, 2018, 04:04:09 pm
Is anyone really suprised that MA is being shown to be a less than stellar coach?

HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS.  He's a pretty good recruiter who's career highlights are assisting a legend win a lone NC, giving his nephew an undeserved schollie, beating KY in the NCAA tourney with a UAB team that couldn't miss for a game, getting Mizzou highly ranked in the regular season before tanking in rd 1 of the NCAAs.

Mike & BB are clones.  Both obviously know their sports, both have trouble adjusting to adversity, both would be fun to watch a game with, and both will eventually be ex UA coaches.

Works for me.  +1

TNhawgfan

My old high school coach is free if the BOT wants his number. He never made us wrestle any bears though, so he may not be qualified
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

zebradynasty

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 18, 2018, 04:32:57 pm
Laughable some of these choices! It's like here I a great coach come here and get fired

Why should a great coach worry about getting fired?  We've let a very mediocre coach stay on the payroll for 7 years.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 18, 2018, 04:35:44 pm
Why should a great coach worry about getting fired?  We've let a very mediocre coach stay on the payroll for 7 years.

Because we've fired/ran off mediocre coaches and great coaches. It's a job where careers go to die! Billy D ain't coming here unless we make him second highest paid coach in the SEC minimum. He's getting $6 Mil now! Why on earth would anyone think he would come to Arkansas?

texas tush hog

Quote from: hobhog on January 18, 2018, 03:48:28 pm
I don't think MA has support of half the fanbase anymore. Half want to move on, 25% don't care anymore, and 25% like him more than winning.

Then how come they still are selling out Bud Walton. Sheesh.

texas tush hog

hobhog

Quote from: texas tush hog on January 18, 2018, 05:19:35 pm

Then how come they still are selling out Bud Walton. Sheesh.

I still went to football games when I knew coach B was gone, and will go to KY game even though I'm done with him. Been to 3 games this year and wanted him fired after year 5. MA had people booing him at Vandy game last year. Post a poll and see what you find. Even the most ardent MA supporters I know are losing faith.

HHH

Wooderson

Quote from: AP85 on January 17, 2018, 07:26:37 pm
"Throw the money" to a Home run hire like Chad Morris.

We are Arkansas. We can find a top notch top 5 coach in the country.

Ha ha. Epic.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Sivad

Quote from: texas tush hog on January 18, 2018, 05:22:08 pm
Mike ain't going nowhere.
True.
And sadly his seventh year team may not either.

bkjbearcat

I guess I want anyone who can recruit. Tired of elite talent telling Hogs to take a hike.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

RumRunner

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 17, 2018, 07:30:32 pm
Lot of good mid major coaches out there.

Some people think we already have one of those.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 21, 2018, 05:50:36 am
Some people think we already have one of those.

MA would get fired at Missouri St with his record.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022