Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Putrid Uniforms

Started by rupert, October 22, 2017, 07:32:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rupert

At least the team that was on the field with Auburn last night was not worrying Razorback uniforms...

rupert

"worrying"  should be "wearing" in prior post

HighcountryHog

no bumps, no fat chicks

The Kig

I like them... Of all the things that we can be complaining about, uni color is way down the list. 
Poker Porker

rupert

Quote from: The Kig on October 22, 2017, 07:46:04 pm
I like them... Of all the things that we can be complaining about, uni color is way down the list. 
True...

SchrodingersHog

White pants with red stripe, white jerseys with red numerals, red jerseys with white numerals, red helmets.  Arkansas tradition.

If players and recruits don't like the look, let them go somewhere else.  If they need the "look good, play good" approach, they don't belong here.  If they can't give 100% in the traditional uniforms, they are prima donnas.  Feeding their egos will not foster pride in their team or school. 

We are losing the soul of this program, bit by bit, and we wonder why the team doesn't show mental toughness. 

Snouty

I would love to see the anthracite uniforms disappear forever.  Anthracite is not a Razorback color. 
Alabama does quite well wearing basic red jerseys at home.  Why can't Arkansas?

Same goes for the Jerry Jones Memorial uniforms the Hogs wore for the A&M game this year.  Silver is not a Razorback color.
They looked more like Ohio State uniforms than Arkansas uniforms.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Snouty

Quote from: SchrodingersHog on October 22, 2017, 07:56:20 pm
White pants with red stripe, white jerseys with red numerals, red jerseys with white numerals, red helmets.  Arkansas tradition.

If players and recruits don't like the look, let them go somewhere else.  If they need the "look good, play good" approach, they don't belong here.  If they can't give 100% in the traditional uniforms, they are prima donnas.  Feeding their egos will not foster pride in their team or school. 

We are losing the soul of this program, bit by bit, and we wonder why the team doesn't show mental toughness. 

Couldn't agree more.

Porkbutt Gary

Sick of uniform games. If JL is really about "branding" how the hell was this crap approved?  Identity matters! Anthracite Ain't Arkansas !
Once a  Razorback, Always a Razorback  ... Unless you're a Nutt!

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

(notOM)Rebel123

How many complained after Liberty Bowl vs K-State or last year's upset of Florida?
It's the least of our problems, boys.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

jlhogfan

Yeah!  They wear traditional uniforms, they win those games. Simple

acey33

This...and one more thing the Hog on the helmet needs a red outline.

GoHogs1091

To me, the anthracite garbage is basically a slap to the face of the members of the 1964 NC Team.

The 1964 Team wore real Razorback uniforms.  They also played high-quality fundamentally sound football.

The current Razorback football program is just a mirage of the past real Razorback football program.  The current incompetence (both UofA Athletic Administration and football coaching incompetence) has turned the Razorback football program into a national embarrassment. 

Bad_Intentions

I HATE all our uniforms for the most part. The old school cream-colored home baseball uni is pimp. Other than that, I HATE them all. I truly do.

The football ... ugh. Last night I wanted to puke. All of the football uniforms are pretty much hideous - don't even get me started on the "new" hog. It looks terrible. WTH is wrong w/ the old one????????????????

Anthracite is a friggin joke. Do away with it now and forever.

Why not go back to the unis during the McFadden era? Those looked good. Classic, clean Razorbacks. You want to add some flare? I actually love the white helmet. Wear all white on the road sometimes. That looks really good IMO. Mix and match. But get rid of the new damn hog, the anthracite, and the new jerseys all together.

Basketball, again, back to the classic Razorback look.

Baseball ... come one. We're a perennial power. There's so much you can do w/ a baseball uniform. Let's keep the creams, and start from scratch on the rest.
WPS!!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: rupert on October 22, 2017, 07:32:11 pm
At least the team that was on the field with Auburn last night was not worrying Razorback uniforms...

Quote from: rupert on October 22, 2017, 07:33:46 pm
"worrying"  should be "wearing" in prior post

There's a modify button after you post...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pork Twain

The soul of this program has not been much for most of our lives and uniforms play a miniscule part of it.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

leroyhawg

Don't think uniforms win or lose games, Highly overpaid complacent AD's and Coaches forget what they're overpaid for! They are both set for life if they never win another game.

I say find an Arkansas High school coach pay him 500,000 a year until he proves he's hungry!
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

kodiakisland

I think the anthracite unis are ugly.  I wouldn't mind seeing the white helmet a couple times a year though.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

The Kig

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 22, 2017, 08:22:21 pm
To me, the anthracite garbage is basically a slap to the face of the members of the 1964 NC Team.

The 1964 Team wore real Razorback uniforms.

Huh?  What relevance does a team from 60 odd years ago have to wearing different unis?  If we wore the the same gear they wore back then, we would have players injured every week.  Dumb post.
Poker Porker

Torqued pork

If the alternate unis were supposed to inspire our players and attract better recruits then God help us.

EastArkHog 47

Bielema should have to wear anthracite including face paint for his last five games, it looks about like he coaches, "real **"

Cure

The players like the uniforms, get over it.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

hogcard1964

Yea, those were the worst we've ever sported.

lefty08

The 1964 Team wore real Razorback uniforms.  They also played high-quality fundamentally sound football.

The current Razorback football program is just a mirage of the past real Razorback football program.  The current incompetence (both UofA Athletic Administration and football coaching incompetence) has turned the Razorback football program into a national embarrassment.

It's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but this post is dumb as hell
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

When your team looks bad it makes everything worse. Jerseys, concessions, etc.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hogsolutely

I am absolutely not a fan of the Uniforms worn Saturday night, but if we decide to move forward with them the hog on the Helmet needs to be white.  Even with ultra HD TV the hog on the Helmet blended in way to much.  But, not that it matters much when you get your butts handed to ya!!!

Redhogs

Quote from: Torqued pork on October 23, 2017, 04:02:53 am
If the alternate unis were supposed to inspire our players and attract better recruits then God help us.
This..they are butt ugly. Keep the old school unis with the chrome red helmets and I'm in.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hawgtime

Quote from: rupert on October 22, 2017, 07:32:11 pm

I LOVE them!  the helmets were even cool.  we just needed to ROCK them and we didn't

hawgtime

I don't agree.  Kids and even fans love the change up a bit.

hawgtime

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 23, 2017, 01:26:38 am
I think the anthracite unis are ugly.  I wouldn't mind seeing the white helmet a couple times a year though.

i also like the mirrored helmet from the bowl game a couple of years back.

HoggieStyle

Anybody that's worried about uniforms at this point in this season...good grief.....

Hoggish1

I bet you like the helmet the best.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 23, 2017, 07:53:11 am
I bet you like the helmet the best.

In hindsight, that helmet with no visible hog was brilliant!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hoggish1

This. 

Can anyone imagine a recruit saying to Saban, "I'll come to your program if the uniform is jazzed up a bit..."?             Crickets

Hoggish1

The 1964 Team wore real Razorback uniforms. 

Yeah.  Just watched the 2014 game again with Bama and there were two teams out there with real uniforms.  Looked excellent.

But let's jazz it up a bit 'cause recruits think it's cool...  Any coach that bends to what "recruits want" has no control or judgement about players or football

Hoggish1

Quote from: Bad_Intentions on October 22, 2017, 11:11:25 pm
I HATE all our uniforms for the most part. The old school cream-colored home baseball uni is pimp. Other than that, I HATE them all. I truly do.

The football ... ugh. Last night I wanted to puke. All of the football uniforms are pretty much hideous - don't even get me started on the "new" hog. It looks terrible. WTH is wrong w/ the old one????????????????

Anthracite is a friggin joke. Do away with it now and forever.

Why not go back to the unis during the McFadden era? Those looked good. Classic, clean Razorbacks. You want to add some flare? I actually love the white helmet. Wear all white on the road sometimes. That looks really good IMO. Mix and match. But get rid of the new damn hog, the anthracite, and the new jerseys all together.

Basketball, again, back to the classic Razorback look.

Baseball ... come one. We're a perennial power. There's so much you can do w/ a baseball uniform. Let's keep the creams, and start from scratch on the rest.

Hit 'em again, hit 'em again, harder, harder!

Once again:  The kids don't pay for tickets to the stadium to see the Hogs play.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

KILL PUMBA HOG.!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hobhog

Quote from: hawgtime on October 23, 2017, 07:49:40 am
I don't agree.  Kids and even fans love the change up a bit.

If everybody likes traditional, and only half the people like weird ones, why do it? Why piss off half your fan base?

Hoggish1

Quote from: The Kig on October 23, 2017, 02:50:43 am
Huh?  What relevance does a team from 60 odd years ago have to wearing different unis?  If we wore the the same gear they wore back then, we would have players injured every week.  Dumb post.

Earth to Kig: Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired.  Where did you get that this conversation was about gear?

When the program honored the 1964 team for the 2014 Bama game they did not wear the same gear.  Wake up.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Cure on October 23, 2017, 05:23:36 am
The players like the uniforms, get over it.

The players at Bama were secretly polled and all didn't like the uniforms.  But they wear them anyhow because they were told to.

See how easy that was?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hobhog on October 23, 2017, 08:10:55 am
If everybody likes traditional, and only half the people like weird ones, why do it? Why piss off half your fan base?

This question could get political!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawgtime on October 23, 2017, 07:48:50 am
I LOVE them!  the helmets were even cool.  we just needed to ROCK them and we didn't

I hated them.  Even if we had blown Auburn out I would not have enjoyed that the Hog was invisible.

bkjbearcat

I liked the uniforms. I hated the helmet. The invisible hog looked bad to me. Why not have a red or white hog?
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

tolerati

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

SchrodingersHog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 23, 2017, 08:13:30 am
The players at Bama were secretly polled and all didn't like the uniforms.  But they wear them anyhow because they were told to.

See how easy that was?

Smart guy, that Nick Saban.

Traditional uniforms.  Not bowing to the whims of fans or players.  Sounds so old school and inflexible, doesn't it?

Here's the problem.  It doesn't matter whether it's a sports team or any other group of people.  When you abandon tradition, you don't have anything to fall back on in hard times.  You don't have anything to fight for.  Your group, your team, your country, etc., becomes rudderless and flounders.  Rudderless and floundering.  Pretty much sums up this football program. 

I've heard Saban described as a master psychologist.  He know that intangibles like tradition mean as much as Jimmy Joes and X's and O's.