Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dan Kreamer?

Started by Chief Mac, January 25, 2006, 06:13:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Mac

Just watched his highlight films on Scout.  This kid arrives at the ballcarrier in with bad intentions!  He is a beast and has a nose for the ball.  How bad was his knee injury?  Supposedly he had an offer from Saban before he left for Miami.  Kid played at Evangel.  Looks like Tony Bua.  Anyone have any info on him?

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

The Coletrain

If he's fully recovered I like the idea of landing this kid.  But after signing John West, just getting a commitment from Davis and if we can land Mister Alexander, I don't know if there will be enough room for another S.  But he sounds like a player (if the knee is fully recovered).
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Chief Mac

[url] http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=1775478 [url]

WPS
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Tomhog™

His only offer is from McNeese State and he's a 3-star?  I see he's scheduled to visit Arkansas this weekend.  Does that mean he has on offer?  It's not shown on scout...

Chief Mac

Quote from: Tomcat on January 25, 2006, 07:51:57 am
His only offer is from McNeese State and he's a 3-star? I see he's scheduled to visit Arkansas this weekend. Does that mean he has on offer? It's not shown on scout...

No offer from UA.  He was being pursued by the big boys prior to his knee injury (per Dudleys article)

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/492765.html

WPS

Chris

willkhitey

Knee injury must've been bad. But whether or not we should offer primarily depends on what we intend to do w/ M. Alexander, if we can get him. There has been some talk of MA being an OLB at the next level, and if that's the case let's go ahead and offer DK.

He seems to be a good kid, loves the Hogs, and you've seen what he could do pre-injury -- He certainly ain't afraid of contact, he's a big-time hitter and his coach at Evangel said he's the best they've ever had. However, if we land MA and plan on keeping him at S, there's really no room for Kreamer.
"What a terrible waste it is to lose one's mind"
--Dan Quayle, speaking to the NAACP

dotnet

I think we'll have room and I'm glad.  I think this guy is going to be another Bua.

HouTxRzbck

There is always room for players on this team.  You know, there are different defesive packages that a team can run that will have several db's on the field.  You can never have enough db's.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

willkhitey

The only concern I have is that giving a scholarship to a fourth safety in this class could take one away from another area where the need is greater.

Sure there is always room on the team, there just aren't always scholarships
"What a terrible waste it is to lose one's mind"
--Dan Quayle, speaking to the NAACP

Hog Belly

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on January 25, 2006, 06:13:39 am
Just watched his highlight films on Scout. This kid arrives at the ballcarrier in with bad intentions! He is a beast and has a nose for the ball. How bad was his knee injury? Supposedly he had an offer from Saban before he left for Miami. Kid played at Evangel. Looks like Tony Bua. Anyone have any info on him?

WPS

Chris

Yes! Yes! Yes! This kid looks like he'd be a lot of fun to watch. He also reminds me of Bua! Let's get him on the field right away!

Hawgballer

Just watched his highlight films on Scout. This kid arrives at the ballcarrier in with bad intentions! He is a beast and has a nose for the ball. How bad was his knee injury? Supposedly he had an offer from Saban before he left for Miami. Kid played at Evangel. Looks like Tony Bua. Anyone have any info on him?

WPS

Chris

If he is anything like Bua I'll pass.

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: Hawgballer on January 26, 2006, 02:35:12 pm

WPS

Chris

LOL why? Bua was a catalyst on defense. I liked him, as did most everyone else.

Hawgballer

Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on January 26, 2006, 02:38:25 pm

WPS

Chris

Bua made too many mental mistakes, and was a liability in pass coverage. He was an OK outside linebacker but a terrible free safety. He made a killing in the stat department from making tackles downfield....I want a guy who tackles upfield at the line of scrimmage not nine-ten yards from scrimmage........OUT OF BOUNDS.

C'mon what did Bua due that was so great? He was a fan favorite because he was the little hitter plus the cracker factor. But What did he catalyze on defense? I don't remember those defenses being all that special. There were better players than Tony making plays out there.

bigred7987

Go watch Alexander's videos...He can lay a lick as well

Hog Belly

Quote from: Hawgballer on January 26, 2006, 02:47:08 pm

WPS

Chris

Bua made too many mental mistakes, and was a liability in pass coverage. He was an OK outside linebacker but a terrible free safety. He made a killing in the stat department from making tackles downfield....I want a guy who tackles upfield at the line of scrimmage not nine-ten yards from scrimmage........OUT OF BOUNDS.

C'mon what did Bua due that was so great? He was a fan favorite because he was the little hitter plus the cracker factor. But What did he catalyze on defense? I don't remember those defenses being all that special. There were better players than Tony making plays out there.

The kid was not cloned! Geez! When we see these kids, we tend to relate them or compare them to past players. He is not a clone! Bua may not have been the best DB or OLB, but I do guarantee you this, the opposition knew exactly where he was on the field at all times and that, in itself, is a detriment to the offense. Besides, he was exciting to watch.

Hawgballer

January 26, 2006, 03:45:14 pm #15 Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 03:46:56 pm by Hawgballer
Quote from: Hog Belly on January 26, 2006, 03:16:15 pm
Quote from: Hawgballer on January 26, 2006, 02:47:08 pm

WPS

Chris

The kid was not cloned! Geez! When we see these kids, we tend to relate them or compare them to past players. He is not a clone! Bua may not have been the best DB or OLB, but I do guarantee you this, the opposition knew exactly where he was on the field at all times and that, in itself, is a detriment to the offense. Besides, he was exciting to watch.

The opposition had to know where he was ALL the time..they could be getting a drink of water or just sitting on the bench and Tony would come flying in there to tackle them after the whistle....Seriously his senior season he was an embarrassment with his cheap shots. I sat next to his father at the LSU game that year and called a tony personal foul based on old man bua's irrational behaviour.

Hawgballer

PS. I don't know about the kid I was just saying that comparing him to Bua doesn't blow my skirt up any.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: HouTxRzbck on January 25, 2006, 11:18:43 am
There is always room for players on this team. You know, there are different defesive packages that a team can run that will have several db's on the field. You can never have enough db's.

I'd like to see them a "gray-shirt" with this kid. I think he would be a good get for the Hogs.

razrhawg

C'mon what did Bua due that was so great?

well let's see, all SEC @ linebacker, all SEC @ safety, other than that not much

HogInaStrangeLand

Whether there's space or not

Kid named 'Kreamer' that hits hard....

Make room....Let him be some sick special teams wedge breaker...
(if he's healed, of course)

HogInaStrangeLand

As for Bua, maybe some people got hit late, but that last Florida iNT was as solid and CLEAN as any shot
I've ever seen...Despite what BS penalty got called.

staffhog

It is ahamed you were not in Austin to see Bua jack Cedric Benson straight up in the hole and lay him down.  Derrick Johnson was on the field that day but Bua was more impressive.

Hawgballer

Quote from: razrhawg on January 27, 2006, 09:05:39 am
C'mon what did Bua due that was so great?

well let's see, all SEC @ linebacker, all SEC @ safety, other than that not much

yeah he was a good linebacker

Holy City Hog

Just watched his highlight films on Scout. This kid arrives at the ballcarrier in with bad intentions! He is a beast and has a nose for the ball. How bad was his knee injury? Supposedly he had an offer from Saban before he left for Miami. Kid played at Evangel.

I saw Kreamer play when Evangel/SHS game was televised.  I believe part of the reason why he's flying under the radar is due to a position change from DB to QB prior to his Sr yr. Evangel's QB the yr before had graduated & gone on to Memphis (Barefield I think?)  Evangel had a young team this yr & the coaches felt they needed an experinced leader at QB. Kreamer was a good fit b/c he's got a good arm & is an all-around athlete. Evangel runs some CRAZY formations & trick plays. It's difficult for someone w/ limited practice experience to run.

Despite the fact that he had a great season the yr before playing primarily at DB & knew that's where his future was, Kreamer made the switch to play QB.  He sacraficed personal attention/awards he would have recived playing mostly DB in order to help the team on offense.  The Evangel coaches speak very highly of his attitudude & character. Unfortunately the injury did not help & I don't know those details. But from what I saw he has stronger coverage skills than Bua. I think a better comparison is Jack Hunt the S at LSU.

Hog Belly

Quote from: HogInaStrangeLand on January 27, 2006, 09:41:34 am
As for Bua, maybe some people got hit late, but that last Florida iNT was as solid and CLEAN as any shot
I've ever seen...Despite what BS penalty got called.

Can I get a WOO WOO?????? AMEN brotha!

Richard_white

Wonder why we haven't offered a scholarship to Dan Kreamer?..is it because of his knee injury?..some have said he was a true stud before the injury.

WPS

pseudorabies

He is most likely going to gray shirt.

mamahog

He really wants to be a razorback.  Both sides want it to work, so it'll happen.  He understands their concern with his knee vs. a healthy lower star player.    Great news is that he still wants to be a Hawg and if there's a will there's a way.  We should know by the end of the weekend.

HogHeathen

Wow my 500th post about a kid named Kramer.  I've seen the video on this kid.  He reminds me of a John Lynch.  I hope he comes to the Hill.  This kid will be a stud.  You can see his determination in his highlight video.  A THROWBACK!!!!   MArk it down...he will be a great one... :razorback:

HogHeathen

HogHeathen

pioneerhog

I wonder with Alexander commiting to FSU if it will mean that Dan gets a offer?

blkynarkfan

Are there not any other kids in the state that we could not offer with similar credentials.

HogInaStrangeLand

Woo Woo...

Anything else brotha?

Richard_white

not sure on that but like i said Kreamer is a 3 star after the injury and before he was rate as 4 stars almost a 5 star

The real Hogules

If the kid can get healthy he'll be the steal of the entire recruiting class!
The big name schools were ALL over him until the knee injury and that's the only reason that Arkansas is in the picture.
He doesn't just tackle a ball carrier, he blows them up.........................WAY UP!
If the knee heals Dan Kreamer will remind people of Kenoy Kennedy when he pops a receiver or running back.
Once again "IF" the knee heals.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

jujuharshawismydog

I frickin like this cat!! He plays like eats meth for breakfast. Plus find me a sweeter name for a guy that will knock your face off...

I also like the safety from NY (Hewitt) who says he compares himself to Sean Taylor. Probably want to go ahead and start looking for a better comparison after Sean Taylor's smooth moves of this past week...
Suspended for the 1990 Cotton Bowl...The downfall of the program?

J.A.Y.

I agree I think this kid will be a steal. He is also in a position where we need an enforcer. Just like the old Safeties that we used to have, that will make the recievers think twice before coming across the middle, and when the do. Light them up.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Boared

Does anyone know the latest on what's going on with Kreamer or is he out of the picture now that Hewitt committed?

Boared

Just answered my own question, but per Rivals, Kreamer has just accepted an offer from McNeese.

Philip Seaton

Dadgummit! You can blame the kid for taking the offer but I would have loved to have had him. Sit out the fall (as a part-time student), give him more time for rehab, come in the spring on schollie and essentially garner an extra year to rehab and become a playmaker in the SEC. Oh well! I'll get to follow him when they play UCA.

hog_fan

http://arkansas.rivals.com/quicklist.asp?School=6&Sport=1&Position=14&Year=2006&qs=1

He has committed to Mcneese State. Wondered why we chose Matt Hewitt over this guy?

Cresthog

oh darn we lost one to Mcneese State

HouTxRzbck

I would've liked to see him here as well.  I guess the knee did not hold up in UA view.  Instead Hewitt became the focus of their attention.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

illuzionz14

This guy reminds of Bua - a guy with alot of heart.  We really missed out on him.

DanTheHogFan

mamahog

He's still trying to work it out guys---it's all about finances right now.  If he can get it squared away today or tomorrow he'll be a razorback.  He really, really wants to be!

The Coletrain

Well I for one am pulling for this guy.  If he can pay his way the first year I think he'll earn a scholly from that point forward.  But I know that's a big gamble on his part.  Here's to hoping Mr. Kreamer will be calling the Hogs on Wednesday!!   :razorback:
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Boared

Per the front page of Hawgsillustrated, it looks like Dan's had a change of heart (or maybe they offered him) and he's coming to Arkansas.