Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vandy Football Recruiting

Started by jbcarol, February 05, 2016, 06:31:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

It was a quiet National Signing Day for Clark Lea as Vandy ranks 52nd.

Dores have three early enrollees including Sedrick Alexander and Ethan Crisp to go with 19 signed to national letters of intent let by Martel Hight, the 4-star CB from Rome.

jbcarol

McCallie School in Chattanooga '24 6-3.5 QB Jeremy St-Hilaire gave a verbal to Clark Lea and Vandy.

This Class o' '24 QB is not yet rated

jbcarol

Will Muschamp's son, 2024 QB out of Tennessee, reveals SEC commitment

QuoteWill Muschamp's son — Whit Muschamp — is a 3-star quarterback in the 2024 recruiting class. On Saturday, Whit officially confirmed his collegiate commitment.

A 6-foot-1 and 170-pound QB out of Baylor School in Chattanooga, Muschamp has drawn offers from Cincinnati, Louisville, Missouri, Ole Miss, Virginia and Vanderbilt, among others. He announced his commitment to Clark Lea's Commodores, giving Vanderbilt 3 commitments so far in the 2024 recruiting class.

jbcarol

Nashville's Davidson Academy '24 OG Glenn Seabrooks gave a verbal to Clark Lea and Vandy.

4th hard commit in the class ranked 33rd in the too earlies.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Chattanooga's McCallie School '25 WR Carson Lawrence gave a verbal to Clark Lea and Vandy.

This Class o' '25 receiver is not yet rated.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Joseph Mcvay🏈@JosephMcvay8
·

1000% Commited⚓️⚓️⬇️@Coach_Lea @CoachAlexBailey @jimmythompson__ @Kendall_Lawson3 @bartonsimmons @coachjoeylynch

jbcarol

jbcarol

Johann Cardenas, 4-star RB via Texas, makes SEC commitment
Grant Bricker | 1 hour ago

One of the strengths of social media and eventually the NCAA's decision to back off regulating athlete's use of social media is letting the high school athletes make their announcement in their way on their timing. A lot of high school rising seniors and not public relations gurus.

One aspect is burying your verbal commitment on a Friday afternoon.

That's the timing James Franklin wanted the rape verdicts to come out.

jbcarol

Vanderbilt adds to 2024 class with commitment from DB out of Texas

Andrew Olson | 27 minutes ago

ALL GLORY TO GOD🙏 #Ancordown

QuoteNo. 62 safety, No. 105 Lone Star State recruit and No. 638 prospect overall nationally in the Class of 2024.

Carter is now the highest-rated defensive commitment in Vanderbilt's 2024 class of 21 pledges.

jbcarol

Sadness in Nashville :hmmm:

3-star DL Martreece Dillard decommits from Vanderbilt

Commodores absorbed their first decommitment for the 2024 cycle

Martreece Dillard 3⭐️ DT/DE
itsmjdillard

QuoteAn extended period featuring no movement within Vanderbilt's 2024 recruiting class ended Friday when 3-star defensive lineman Martreece Dillard announced via Twitter that he had decommitted. Dillard, from Buford (Ga.), originally committed to the Commodores on June 26 a bit over one week following an official visit to West End.

Dillard holds announced offers from Auburn, Cincinnati, Duke, Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and others yet has played sparingly this season as a reserve defensive tackle for Buford, one of our nation's top programs.

Although Dillard deleted the tweet in which he announced his decommitment, a source told 247Sports that Dillard is no longer committed to Vanderbilt.

Dillard played defensive end last year on Buford's JV team

jbcarol

On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine: Vanderbilt trending for 4-star athlete Witt Edwards

Vandy looking to build momentum before signing day
Vanderbilt's class of 19 commits currently ranks No. 46

jbcarol

4-star ATH Witt Edwards commits to Vanderbilt

By Hunter Shelton

QuoteHe chose the Commodores over TCU, Houston and Iowa State. He also held offers from the likes of Kansas State, NC State, Oklahoma State, Tennessee and Texas A&M.

Edwards is the No. 372 overall prospect and No. 12 athlete in the 2024 cycle...

Commodores had Edwards in Nashville for an official visit in June...

He's now the second four-star in Vanderbilt's 2024 class, alongside Cibolo (Texas) Steele four-star safety Dontae Carter.

Edwards bolsters Vandy's 2024 class
The addition of Edwards makes an even 20 commitments for Clark Lea and Co. in the 2024 cycle. The Commodores currently sit in last in the SEC...

jbcarol

South Gwinnett '24 CB Jaylin Lackey gave a verbal to Clark Lea and Vandy Commodores

Lackey's Lea's 21st hard commit to a '24 Class now ranked 37th.

jbcarol

Follow Robbie Weinstein
@rwweinstein
·

Ensworth 3-star CB Jaren Sensabaugh has decommitted from Vanderbilt and will take an official visit to Tennessee next month after picking up an offer from the Vols.

I have placed a high-confidence Crystal Ball for UT.

https://247sports.com/college/vanderbilt/Article/local-3-star-cb-jaren-sensabaugh-decommits-from-vanderbilt-220228856

jbcarol

Saraland '24 LB Jamison Curtis gave a verbal to Clark Lea and Vandy.

Curtis is the 20th hard commit in Lea's '24 class now ranked 39th.

jbcarol

Vanderbilt lands commitment from former TCU safety Randon Fontenette

By Matt Connolly

BET ON YOURSELF ⚓️

QuoteHe appeared in all 12 games as a freshman this season at TCU

jbcarol

Former Mississippi State OL Steven Losoya transfers to Vanderbilt

By Barkley Truax

QuoteLosoya spent the first three seasons of his collegiate career at Middle Tennessee State where he played in 20 games and started in 14, also earning a spot on the Conference-USA All-Freshman Team in 2020. He transferred to Mississippi State ahead of the 2022 season where he's made 20 consecutive starts in the last two seasons, and will now be looking to take his veteran experience elsewhere for his final season of eligibility.

He played his high school football at Nashville (TN) Overton High...

jbcarol

Former Utah quarterback Nate Johnson revealed his pledge to the Commodores

By Derek Peterson

QuoteVanderbilt lost all three of its top quarterbacks — AJ Swann, Ken Seals, and Walter Taylor — when the season ended. The Commodores immediately faced a significant question. Who will be the guy in 2024?

Clark Lea and Co. seem to have found their answer on Sunday. Or, at the very least, the first piece of the puzzle.

jbcarol

Staff Report: Vanderbilt wide receiver transfer Gamarion Carter commits to MTSU

QuoteVanderbilt wide receiver Gamarion Carter has committed to MTSU, he announced on his Twitter account on Tuesday evening.

Carter spent three seasons with the Commodores with a fairly limited impact. He recorded nine catches for 216 yards and a touchdown

jbcarol

QuoteVanderbilt is expected to receive National Letters of Intent from up to 20 recruits on Wednesday morning. Although the Commodores have been focused on the NCAA transfer portal lately, they still need to officially seal the deal with 19 high school commits and one recruit from the junior-college ranks.

Entering Wednesday, Vanderbilt's 2024 class sits at No. 40.

Five of these signees will enroll in just about three weeks, including 4-star safety Dontae Carter — one of the top recruits in program history.

jbcarol

New Mexico State transfer QB Blaze Berlowitz commits to Vanderbilt

By Griffin McVeigh

QuoteNew Mexico State quarterback Blaze Berlowitz has committed to Vanderbilt.

After seeing a few players at the position leave Nashville, head coach Clark Lea has responded well.

jbcarol

Texas Tech transfer WR Loic Fouonji commits to Vanderbilt

By Griffin McVeigh

QuoteFormer Texas Tech wide receiver Loic Fouonji has committed to Vanderbilt
#AnchorDown 🏈

In 13 games this season with the Red Raiders, Fouonji caught six passes for a total of 85 yards. Two of them were touchdowns, coming against Houston and then the bowl game against Cal. Fouonji was able to end his career in Lubbock on a high note but will now test the SEC waters.

Fouonji played high school football at Midland (TX) Lee.

jbcarol

jbcarol

New Mexico State transfer QB Diego Pavia commits to Vanderbilt

by:
Barkley Truax

QuoteFormer New Mexico State quarterback Diego Pavia has committed to Vanderbilt out of the NCAA transfer portal. He announced his decision on X.

The Albuquerque, New Mexico native started and played in all 15 games for the Aggies in 2023. In those 15 games, Pavia completed 60.4 percent of his passes (221-336) for 2,973 yards, 26 touchdowns, and nine interceptions.

In total, Pavia spent two seasons with New Mexico State

Before his tenure with the Aggies, Pavia was the No. 1 quarterback at the NJCAA level having spent two years with the New Mexico Military Institute

Led NMSt to win over Auburn in Auburn.

jbcarol

2025 4-star RB Caden Knighten decommits from Vanderbilt

by:
Keegan Pope

QuoteWynnewood (Okla.) four-star 2025 running back Caden Knighten has decommitted from Vanderbilt, he announced on Tuesday.

He had previously been committed to the Commodores since April 2023, when he chose them over USC, North Texas, SMU and a handful of other programs.

"First and foremost, I'd like to thank My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for the opportunities he's given me. Allowing me to fulfill my dream and do what I love most," he wrote on Twitter. "Also I'd like to thank my family for supporting me and spending countless hours out of their lives to make sure I can do what's best for me.

... Also I'd like to thank The University of Vanderbilt for believing and taking the chance on me. With the decision from me and my family and the issues and changes with the coaching staff i will be decommitting and opening my recruitment back up. I ask that you please respect my decision and support me through my journey. And one last final thanks to Coach Everett, for giving me hope in what I do. I forever will be grateful."

6-foot, 190-pounder is the No. 260 overall prospect in the 2025 class

He also ranks as the nation's No. 20 running back and No. 7 recruit in Oklahoma.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Preztynn Harrison commits

by:
Keegan Pope

QuoteMineral Wells four-star tight end Preztynn Harrison has committed to Texas Tech, he announced on Sunday.

Harrison chose the Red Raiders over offers from Vanderbilt, North Texas, and Texas State.

"I would like to thank my mom, my dad, and my little sister for always being by my side."

jbcarol

Matt Zenitz@mzenitz

Intriguing New Mexico State tight end transfer Eli Stowers is expected to visit Vanderbilt in the near future, a source tells @247sports.

Stowers, an ex-Texas A&M QB and former Class of 2021 top-100 overall recruit, had 35 catches for NMSU last season after moving to tight end.

https://247sports.com/player/eli-stowers-94402