Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Holy sh....

Started by Atreyu, October 14, 2013, 10:04:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atreyu

That was the best main event I've seen in a LONG time!
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

Hootiethehog

Agreed. Loved the flow, loved the surprise, loved the ending. That's what I've been waiting for on RAW.
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

jbell96

I live in St. Louis & went to the show last night. The place exploded when Cody & Goldust won the tag titles. Not sure exactly how the show went off the air, but the visual of HHH flipping out in the ring while everyone chanted YES YES YES was so awesome.

Hogwop

Ha, the one time I don't DVR RAW something awesome happens.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

The Lake Lizzard

Excellent main event. I haven't been that excited since Ziggler cashed in earlier this year!

hawgs34

Agreed on the ending.  Will the tag titles be put in abeyance now, or defended at HIAC?

jbell96

Quote from: hawgs34 on October 15, 2013, 12:58:57 pm
Agreed on the ending.  Will the tag titles be put in abeyance now, or defended at HIAC?

Hearing that it might be a possible 3 way match involving the Usos since they were upset last night that the Rhodes boys got a title match before them.

Eddie Goodson

Outstanding. Definite PPV quality match. Loved it. Only thing missing was Golddust hitting Shattered Dreams on one of the Shield.

Also, I think we're not going to be seeing anymore chair headshots. It was noticeable last night.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

who knows

Yes...the main event was awesome...normally I would have been watching expecting the big show to show up...but the match kept me entertained enough that my mind wasn't concentrating on something like that...and for the record...Goldust still has it...I'm really glad they started this angle...just hate to see Cena come back cause they will prolly bury one of these angles with him...
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

hvsupastar

Goldust has been Gold on his return. Cody is ready to main event. Loved it.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Eddie Goodson

I'm now thinking HIAC is going to be a blood bath for the faces. HHH on a rampage of sorts. And then we see Vince following soon after to begin the war for control. It's going to be compelling to watch.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

who knows

Anytime Vince is on tv...its normally good for business...the last couple Raw's have been some of the best in a long time...they just need to beef up some of the midcard angles...I hate they ruined Zigglers push...but it seems like the creative team has definately starting to get some things going...
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Homer Goodson on October 15, 2013, 04:08:18 pm
Outstanding. Definite PPV quality match. Loved it. Only thing missing was Golddust hitting Shattered Dreams on one of the Shield.

Also, I think we're not going to be seeing anymore chair headshots. It was noticeable last night.
Seems like every match involving the Shield is a masterpiece. They are great workers!

You are absolutely correct about headshots. That's a rule in the Wellness Policy as well as no blading. If blood happens these days, it's from something accidentally causing it.

My one complaint about the match: Logic was a bit bad. It's no DQ, why didn't Ambrose just get involved immediately? No reason to just stand idly by at ringside when you can't get DQ-ed. Still, a great TV match. They'll drop the belts at HIAC I think but it was fun.

HogScoutMaster

I agree, finally got to watch it last night on the DVR....Awesome Main Event
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hvsupastar on October 15, 2013, 05:29:43 pm
Goldust has been Gold on his return. Cody is ready to main event. Loved it.
Goldust has been great and if you remember he was really good a couple of years ago before he got injured. He's lost weight and you can tell he's more mobile.

I'm not sure on Cody being ready for main event status, especially as a face. His feud with Sandow was an absolute snooze fest. They had a ready-made feud after all their time as a tag team and they did so poorly no one cared. Everyone looks good against the Shield, so I want to see if he can actually pull off a program with someone else first. As a side note, I have no clue why WWE decided to give Sandow the MITB and then totally bury him afterwards.