Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CM Punk attacks fan in crowd

Started by Agent of Chaos, October 09, 2012, 08:46:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent of Chaos

Several videos of it on /r/squaredcircle and youtube.

Looks like he thought the guy was the one pushing him, but it was someone else.

This could get real bad real quick. Hopefully they can get it cleaned up.
You know the thing about Chaos.....it's fair.

http://halftimehennessy.com/

Agent of Chaos

Here is the best video I've found. Punk clearly strikes the wrong person.

Let's hope the guy is a big fan of WWE and doesn't sue, and instead ops for a boatload of swag, backstage passes, wrestlemania tickets, etc. so that this goes away quietly.

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Agent of Chaos

No doubt he struck the wrong fan. You see the kid in the white shirt hit punk in the head, underneath the arm of the guy with the sunglasses.

Hearing reports on reddit that the guy is quoted as saying "I don't WANT to sue, cause I love WWE."

Meaning give him free stuff. lol

GreenwayTigerHog

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on October 09, 2012, 09:46:32 am
Meaning give him free stuff. lol

If that was me, I'd demand Punk job the title out to me on RAW.

jbell96

WWE is at fault for this because you have to have a security guy close by when one of your top performers, who is a great heel, is near a mob of fans in the crowd. The guy that pushed Punk is a doosh. Only a punk would push him from behind someone else and let someone else catch heat for it.

I don't blame Punk for what happened, someone was getting physical with him & he reacted. I'm sure once he sees the video he'll apologize to the guy he hit & make it right somehow. Punk is a stand up guy & has no problems admitting when he is wrong.

jbell96

Have a new development on this story. Apparently the moron that actually hit Punk was bragging about it on twitter.

credit: Pwinsider.com

"The fan that caused the entire incident that led to CM Punk striking another fan last night actually bragged about it on Twitter.
Dario Teyes, at his Twitter account, responded to someone noting they saw him on television and asking whether he saw the fan get punched:

"bro I'm the one that was f***ing with him lmao them he rocked an innocent fan. that guy is about to be a millionaire!!! I punched [Punk's] kidney and slapped his back hella hard. bro [Punk] straight pounced on a poor day white guy. I hit him ran away then ran back and stood next to him cause I saw the camera."

He was asked why no one pointed him out to security and wrote, "cause I dipped fast! Come on now poor fat guy is just hanging out putting his glasses on."

When Teyes was told he was going to get caught, he responded, "no one ever has and no one ever will."

Now that Teyes had outed himself as responsible, it should be interesting to see whether WWE or the local authorities pursue charges against him, especially since he publicly admitting assaulting Punk."

Agent of Chaos

Sue that kid, pay off the innocent bystander, everything will be grude.

99toLife

Punk Boy shoved him the face, still not cool, get off the roids and stay out of the stands... 

Agent of Chaos

jbell96

Quote from: 99toLife on October 09, 2012, 03:54:14 pm
Punk Boy shoved him the face, still not cool, get off the roids and stay out of the stands... 

You are either a brilliant troll or a complete tool. I'm leaning towards the latter.

99toLife

Quote from: jbell96 on October 09, 2012, 06:37:53 pm
You are either a brilliant troll or a complete tool. I'm leaning towards the latter.
He didn't even come close to hurting the guy, he shoved him over his seat...still not good PR...

Doug

As evidenced by our own situation with the Hogs, sometimes the damage control you have to do for PR purposes far outweigh the incident itself.

I hope that the true victim in this case doesn't gold dig the WWE to death (it sounds like he won't), and I hope that the WWE finds out the identity of the instigator and presses charges against him for assault.

At any sporting event (not even just the WWE), there is always an assumed risk of injury, whether minor or major. When the injury (fracas, in the WWE's situation) is the result of being caused by a fan in the stands towards the athlete, additional steps need to be taken.

If the injury in the stands is a result of an unprovoked attack by the athlete, then additional steps need to be taken.

If the injury in the stands is a result of standard play/sports activities, then possible safety measures need to be reviewed/implemented, but no action should be undertaken against the athlete or the impacted fan (assumed risk of potential injury - Look at Baseball (flying bats, balls, etc) or Hockey (puck shattering glass, hockey stick goes flying into stands), etc).
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

jbell96

Quote from: 99toLife on October 09, 2012, 06:39:23 pm
He didn't even come close to hurting the guy, he shoved him over his seat...still not good PR...

Here is what Punk said on wwe.com: "Somebody said, 'let's push him down the stairs,'" Punk explained. "I got hit in the ribs three times. I was getting shoved and I was getting punched...Then I started getting tagged in the back of the head. Unfortunately, I lashed out in the heat of the moment and I apologize. I'm really just glad nobody was hurt."

It's not bad PR for WWE, especially with that moron on twitter admitting he was hitting Punk in the kidneys and slapping him in the back.

Agent of Chaos

I'm telling you guys, just give him Wrestlemania premium tickets with a travel package.

Problem goes away.