Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ryan Reeves (Ryback)

Started by Agent of Chaos, August 21, 2012, 09:44:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent of Chaos

You know the thing about Chaos.....it's fair.

http://halftimehennessy.com/

Eddie Goodson

Funny.

Internet marks may not like him, but he is over with the fans in the arenas. That's all that matters.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Agent of Chaos

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on August 21, 2012, 02:14:58 pm
Funny.

Internet marks may not like him, but he is over with the fans in the arenas. That's all that matters.

Most internet marks enjoy him, but as a mid carder, from what I can tell.

I pretty much don't listen to internet marks. They aren't happy with anything.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on August 21, 2012, 04:38:58 pm
Most internet marks enjoy him, but as a mid carder, from what I can tell.

I pretty much don't listen to internet marks. They aren't happy with anything.
Nope. Not ever happy. A miserable lot.

I know what Vince will do with him. He'll do the same thing he does with every big man. Make a jobber out of him. The only big man Vince has never done that to was Undertaker.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

dhornjr1

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on August 21, 2012, 09:44:12 am

Feed him moar, you guys.

There you go. Let's see Goldberg dress in something like that.

Agent of Chaos

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on August 21, 2012, 05:07:09 pm
Nope. Not ever happy. A miserable lot.

I know what Vince will do with him. He'll do the same thing he does with every big man. Make a jobber out of him. The only big man Vince has never done that to was Undertaker.

Kane had a pretty good run.

Ryback is so over right now, considering they haven't really pushed him at all or got him in a story. I think he should win the Rumble, and get him into Wrestlemania.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on August 22, 2012, 08:44:51 am
Kane had a pretty good run.

Ryback is so over right now, considering they haven't really pushed him at all or got him in a story. I think he should win the Rumble, and get him into Wrestlemania.

Kane did have a decent run. But I think he wasn't used properly. He's one of the most skilled big men that ever stepped into the squared circle. I guess it was just too hard to get a sustained push when he was behind HHH, The Rock, Austin, 'Taker, and Angle.

Agent of Chaos

Quote from: dhornjr1 on August 24, 2012, 03:08:05 am
Kane did have a decent run. But I think he wasn't used properly. He's one of the most skilled big men that ever stepped into the squared circle. I guess it was just too hard to get a sustained push when he was behind HHH, The Rock, Austin, 'Taker, and Angle.

I agree completely.

He's been so great at putting people over this last year and a half. I would love to see him and Henry get another big run/story some time soon.

Eddie Goodson

It's just not in Vince McMahon's makeup to let a big man be over for very long. He thinks the crowd wants to see all the big men get beat. Undertaker and Andre are the only two to ever break from that pattern for an extended period of time.

dhornjr1

Vince would probably argue that Hogan was a big man and I guess it is debatable. Hogan was listed at 6'8" and 302 lbs. back in his heyday in the mid eighties. I guess he was closer to 6'6" and 275 back when he was juicing.

They list 'Taker at 6'10" but he's really about 6'7".

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: dhornjr1 on August 24, 2012, 07:47:52 pm
Vince would probably argue that Hogan was a big man and I guess it is debatable. Hogan was listed at 6'8" and 302 lbs. back in his heyday in the mid eighties. I guess he was closer to 6'6" and 275 back when he was juicing.

True. Hogan was a big man. Hogan and Andre were basically before Vince's full control too. That has to be factored in as well.

I have felt for years that he misused Big Show. Now Big Show's attitude early on might have played a part in that, I don't know. But he and Kane have been, at several points in their careers, reduced to midcard jobbers and it destroys the believability of wrestling when he does it.

jbcarol

Quote from: dhornjr1 on August 24, 2012, 07:47:52 pm

He currently does TV ads with Troy Aikman and Aikman is taller than Hogan.

He did tower over Stallone 30 years ago. :)
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

dhornjr1

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on August 25, 2012, 06:02:16 am
True. Hogan was a big man. Hogan and Andre were basically before Vince's full control too. That has to be factored in as well.

I have felt for years that he misused Big Show. Now Big Show's attitude early on might have played a part in that, I don't know. But he and Kane have been, at several points in their careers, reduced to midcard jobbers and it destroys the believability of wrestling when he does it.

I'm pretty sure Vince had full control in 1984 when he decided to push Hogan over Bob Backlund. As a matter of fact, I think he bought his father out in 1982. Your argument is still strong. Since 1982, only two big guys have had sustained runs at the top.

Who could realistically believe that a Rey Mysterio would stand a snowball's chance in hell versus John Layfield, who was a legit 6'6" 275 lbs? Never mind against a 6'10" 400 lbs. Paul Wight or a 6'9" 300 lbs. Glenn Jacobs.

I agree that Kane and Big Show have been horribly misused. Show's attitude certainly has been a roadblock for his progression, but I don't know why Kane has been held back. Glenn Jacobs is a hell of an athlete. I always enjoy watching him perform.

Agent of Chaos

From what I understand in invterviews, Kane has been happy these last few years with putting guys over. Despite his win/loss record, he's still very over, just like Jericho.

But, just like Jericho, you can't let them lose all the time, or they lose their credibility. Jericho won at SS, and now I think they should push Kane up to Mania.

JMO.

who knows

Kanes skit tonight was pretty dang funny
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

Agent of Chaos

SwinerBock

"...and for reasons never quite explained, I have an unhealthy obsession with torturing Pete Rose."  Classic.

who knows

Quote from: SwinerBock on August 29, 2012, 10:42:37 am
"...and for reasons never quite explained, I have an unhealthy obsession with torturing Pete Rose."  Classic.

"i buried my brother alive...twice"
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

Hogwop

I also liked Kanes promo monday night, good stuff.

As for how I feel about Kane and Show, it pretty much mirrors everything already said by you guys
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Eddie Goodson

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: SwinerBock on August 29, 2012, 10:42:37 am

I didnt get that, can someone explain..THANKS
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Veritas Arkansas

Kevin Nash had a pretty good run in the WWF.  So did Yokozuna before he ate himself out of wrestling. 
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

SwinerBock

Quote from: DewUar88 on August 30, 2012, 04:13:06 pm
I didnt get that, can someone explain..THANKS
Pete Rose has had a guest appearance or two at a Wrestlemania and on Raw.  Each time, Kane has popped up and given him the bidness.

hvsupastar

Kevin Nash got pushed to the moon by Vince McMahon. And Nash had very limited in ring ability but he was really cool.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln