Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sorry, guys.

Started by Big Papa Satan, June 26, 2007, 10:03:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa Satan

In my disbelief and denial over the facts coming out over what Chris Benoit did, I lashed out at quite a few of you.  I apologize for it.

I've made it no secret that I've been a huge fan of his for years...and I'm still completely failing, like everyone else, to understand.  Why did he do this?

Sorry, y'all.

jbcarol

Felt your pain, as we read your posts.  Your principles were correct as well.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hawg_racer

I understand. It has hit me hard as well, because Chris was my favorite, and I always thought he was screwed by WWE because he deserved to be Champion more times, and alot longer than he was, but, now that is all down the drain, and probably for reasons we will never know.

redbarn

Tragedys such as this are often never fully understood.  A young man, superstar to millions, a beautiful wife and young boy all gone because of some senseless act.  However, none of us will ever know the reasons this happened.  I personally feel that somewhere, somehow, Chris Benoit's mind left him and he did the unthinkable.  I will always wonder if he really knew what he had done and if so, how did he justify it.  Was he living out some fantasy that had developed without reasoning.  Hospitals are full of people just such as this and even though it appears to us, the common person, that it was simply a monstrous act, it could very well be something totally opposite in Chris Benoits mind.  It is such a travesty that he took the life of his wife and child before taking his own.  We will condemn him for his acts, we will deplore the senseless killing of his wife and child,  however, keep in mind that judgement can not be properly  given without knowing the true meaning of why, and we will probably never know the actual answer.  Anyone who has ever been close to a mentally ill person can attest to this.  Anyone who has never been close to such can not understand.  Just my take on the situation.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

hogfan064

June 27, 2007, 06:20:32 am #4 Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 06:22:31 am by hogfan064
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 26, 2007, 10:03:49 pm
In my disbelief and denial over the facts coming out over what Chris Benoit did, I lashed out at quite a few of you.  I apologize for it.

I've made it no secret that I've been a huge fan of his for years...and I'm still completely failing, like everyone else, to understand.  Why did he do this?

Sorry, y'all.

Anti depressants or steroids is my guess.  If not the man might have had a form of mental illness that none of us  knew about.   This wasn't just some spurt of the moment thing.  Chris was a normal person up until this moment.   Normal people don't kill a wife, wait a day and kill their son, and then hang themselves.  The man was in the house nearly 2 days after Nancy was killed.   Something triggered his mind to fall apart.  I guess in a few weeks will know after they've fulling investigated this thing.   I don't think Chris was just a mean guy who was planning this entire thing for weeks.  No way is that the case. 

Yeah I know Chris and Nancy had a fight back in 03 that led to her asking for a divorce and restraining order, but Chris never hit her.  He threw furniture, but never layed a hand on her.  That doesn't make it right, but it wasn't as if this guy was a wife beater.    I've never heard anything about Chris being a violent man or a criminal in the past.  What I do know is that he was a steroid user and 2 years ago he lost his best friend.  Maybe after losing Eddie he started taking anti depressants.   The woman in Texas who drowned her 5 kids was own anti depressants and it is well known some of these drugs can trigger insane attitude in humans.   

Those are my only guesses.  The scary thing is that if a normal person can become insane in a matter of days or minutes then who's to say this same thing couldn't happen to any of us.   Yeah i know many of you say "Oh I would never do that"  But really you have little control over defeating mental illness.  If it happens and it's not detected who knows what one could do.