Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs should be a 5 seed

Started by Pig in the Pokey, March 09, 2018, 10:27:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

I'm just saying. That's 23 wins now.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Dr. Starcs

Pig in the Pokey

Indeed. 7 is a slap in the face.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

AND, we need to be in Dallas or Witchita. For real.
@Slackaveli

Atlhogfan1

So we are one of the top 20 teams?  Maybe the committee will see it that way. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Pig in the Pokey

we should be now, yeah. May need that win tomorrow to lock it in.
@Slackaveli

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Hog_Fink

peaking at the right time. bench looked great tonight. awesome on D

go hogues

We'll be an 8 in NC's bracket...

;) ;D
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

RazorSax

HeyHogs

azhog10

Rather be the top 6 then the fourth 5 seed.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HeyHogs on March 09, 2018, 10:56:45 pm
No way Aubie is a three!

Their available roster is more like a 7-9.  But their resume suggests much higher. They are lucky. No bench but now get to rest. 

After you get past the 2s in this tourney there will be a big drop off.

razorpimp

Great draw if it happens but it wont

PorkRinds

daprospecta

5 might be pushing it but like Adam Stokes said in his Bubble Watch thread, we are a 6 and won't go any higher.

niels_boar

#6 seeds play in Dallas, Nashville, and Wichita.  #5 seeds play in San Diego and Boise.  Just reward us with a #6 seed in Dallas or Nashville, and I'm good.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

hawgfan4life

If we lose and KY wins, we switch spots and become a 6.  Auburn would be the worst 3 seed ever!

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: niels_boar on March 09, 2018, 11:04:30 pm
#6 seeds play in Dallas, Nashville, and Wichita.  #5 seeds play in San Diego and Boise.  Just reward us with a #6 seed in Dallas or Nashville, and I'm good.
or witchita. that is the closest of all.
@Slackaveli

98hogs

Awwwbarn definitely doesn't deserve a 3 seed.  That will be a 3 that loses.

Pig in the Pokey

Hogs are 5-1 vs ranked teams this year. And have wins over the top 3 teams in the league.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 98hogs on March 09, 2018, 11:29:09 pm
Awwwbarn definitely doesn't deserve a 3 seed.  That will be a 3 that loses.
yeah, they are at best the 4th or 5th best team in conference right now. I'd put Tenner, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Florida above them at this point. Bama whooped them today but they are still under 20 wins.
@Slackaveli

Hogz87

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 09, 2018, 11:16:57 pm
If we lose and KY wins, we switch spots and become a 6.  Auburn would be the worst 3 seed ever!
I agree they would, but that's partially due to unfortunate circumstance.  Their current roster just isn't very good; mostly because they have zero depth.  But Auburn, when fully healthy, was a very good team and built a very impressive resume that's going to still carry them to a 3-seed which means, like you said, they'll be a very weak 3-seed as currently constructed.

jry04

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 09, 2018, 11:24:31 pm
i called that play, brother! PitP Bracketology lol.
He has had us as a 5 seed since his 3 pm update.  He actually had us playing Vermont before,  and now Buffalo. That win did not move us in his eyes.

King Kong

rhames

Very unlikely the hogs get a five but that might give us a 6 for sure.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

rhames

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 09, 2018, 11:42:30 pm
yeah, they are at best the 4th or 5th best team in conference right now. I'd put Tenner, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Florida above them at this point. Bama whooped them today but they are still under 20 wins.

Auburn's spot was pretty much guaranteed before the tournament. They won't be punished for being one and done.

The committee doesn't just forget ths regular season over one game.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 09, 2018, 11:25:50 pm
or witchita. that is the closest of all.

Yup spend a 3 day weekend in Wichita!!!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

kp72204

Well if they do(?) play in Idaho, I will definitely be there. Only a 6-8 hour drive from washington where i stay.

wikipedia brown