Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good news

Started by Old Tusk, September 04, 2015, 03:49:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tusk

Since Dec 2007, we have lost 1.4 million manufacturing jobs, but we have made up for it with 1.5 million new waitresses/ bartenders. What a recovery.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

Ragnar Hogbrok

Hey, unemployment is down to 5.1%!  Let the good times roll!
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

ricepig

Quote from: Old Tusk on September 04, 2015, 03:49:56 pm
Since Dec 2007, we have lost 1.4 million manufacturing jobs, but we have made up for it with 1.5 million new waitresses/ bartenders. What a recovery.

You don't like to go out and have a drink with your meal?

Old Tusk

While I love a good cocktail and I tip generously, they will mostly be minimum wage workers .
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke