Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bubble?

Started by Old Tusk, August 05, 2015, 09:33:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tusk

If we are not in a FED induced bubble, why does the market react so much to potential tiny rate hikes?
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

JoeyCapital

Who said we aren't in a bubble?
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Old Tusk

The Wall Street talking heads.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

JoeyCapital

Everybody on TV, every single person, is selling something. They're about as objective as msnbc or fox news.

I think it's obvious we are in a bubble in the equity markets. The latest proof of that happened this morning, when futures sold off as soon as a weak ADP number hit. That "bad news=good news" deal has been rolling for awhile.

The economy doesn't justify where our stock market is. It'll shake itself out.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Old Tusk

I just feel sorry for the CNBC fools who have to pretend all is well. For instance 80% of companies are reporting a y/y decline in revenue. They talk of expectations.

JoeyCapital

But, but, but, 70'ish% of companies have beaten their eps! Of course, they had to guide down repeatedly through the quarter, but they still beat that last guidance! Buy stawks!!

It's gotten to where I feel like I get more truthful reporting from freakin zerohedge than I do from the msm.

Old Tusk

they have to talk about expectations because the real data is weak. So we just keep on whistling past the graveyard.

McKdaddy

I prefer Bloomberg at the office, but it's the same song, second verse.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Old Tusk

withholding tax receipts continue to decline.

theFlyingHog