Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Withholdings

Started by HAWG MAFIA, June 29, 2015, 01:48:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HAWG MAFIA

How do I figure out how much to adjust my payroll withholdings to keep the IRS from holding my money until tax refund time???

I don't need a big refund and would live to have the weeky increase in paycheck.

Ragnar Hogbrok

IRS.gov has a witholding calculator you can use.  You just need a few items of information such as your most current pay stub and your income and federal taxes paid to date.  It will ask you a few questions about your dependents and your intentions on how you are going to file.

It's pretty easy, but it's hard to trust (as it's from the government).
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

HAWG MAFIA

LOL, "trust it" is exactly why I'm asking here. I've looked at it and thought someone here might be able to give me some insight.

thanks for the info.

hog.goblin

Quote from: HAWG MAFIA on June 29, 2015, 04:46:25 pm
LOL, "trust it" is exactly why I'm asking here. I've looked at it and thought someone here might be able to give me some insight.

thanks for the info.

Problem is we would need to know your income, withholdings, deductions, etc.  If you have bonuses or overtime it gets a little trickier.

theFlyingHog

Withholdings kill me! I have been advised to just say I have dependents.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 07, 2015, 03:45:08 am
Withholdings kill me! I have been advised to just say I have dependents.
You just need to find some baby mamas. I'm sure there are plenty of waitresses that would love to be one of your witholdings.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece