Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here we go again

Started by Old Tusk, May 21, 2015, 09:44:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tusk

Last year they changed how GDP was calculated. It gave GDP a nice boost but the boost has now faded away. So now they are again improving the economy by once again changing how it is calculated. Good times are on the way!
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

McKdaddy

Not worked-up over this seasonal adjustment to the seasonal adjustment, lol.  Liesman has been on this for a couple of months now and the BEA finally is acknowledging its data inconsistency (or I guess it could be "consistency" over the 1Q gdp for the past 30 years).  Will be interesting to see the 3-yr revisions.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Old Tusk

I'm not worked up either. I quit believing in the number a long time ago.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

Old Tusk

The BEA has fired back at the FED saying don't blame us for you failed policies. Love a Good interagency pissing contest

WaltKowalski

Tusk... You don't make it over to politics anymore?

Old Tusk

Got kicked off I guess.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Old Tusk on May 21, 2015, 09:44:06 am
Last year they changed how GDP was calculated. It gave GDP a nice boost but the boost has now faded away. So now they are again improving the economy by once again changing how it is calculated. Good times are on the way!

welcome to Econ 101