Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I have never been a believer of the gloom and doom

Started by SardisHog, April 21, 2015, 05:16:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SardisHog

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

HawgWild

Can't say it hasn't crossed my mind. What I'd want to cash out of though are some of my personally held stocks and not the mutual funds. My stocks seem to move contrary to the direction of the overall market so I'm reluctant to let them go at this price point, plus I think they'll rebound and I'm not in need of any of these funds at the moment.

McKdaddy

No, but I routinely rebalance client accounts via profit-taking.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

ricepig

Two things, first, you never go broke taking a profit, and second, I have a 100 year old uncle that has made a fortune by "buying" stocks. He seldom sells anything, he says, "you buy".

Arkansasbeaux

There are two ways of making money in the market (excluding options trading). Most people only think of the one that requires selling a stock. The one so often overlooked is dividends. Not just companies that pay dividends but those with a history of steadily increasing their dividend. Just food for thought.