Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What will it take to make the NCAA Tournament?

Started by HogCzar1, January 30, 2018, 11:59:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogCzar1

We stand at 15-7. Some good wins, and bad losses. We have 9 games left.

Home- USC, Vandy, A&M, UK, and Auburn
Away- LSU, Ole Miss, Bama, and Mizzou  plus the SEC Tourney

We started tonight as a 9 seed. What is the record we need to reach to get in?

mckinneyhog5

Sorry didn't see your post before I posted mine.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

cmhogn

A .500 conference record (9-9) should get us in this year even if we lose a first round SEC tournament game.  Our non conference record will save us this year. Can we finish 5-4?

code red

I think we lose to all but Vandy at home.  And that road schedule we may beat Ole Miss.  We are toast.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

RacinRazorback

The only sure way is to win the SEC tourney! it's quite possible to lose 7 of the last 9 games! I see 3 losses at BWA and maybe 1 more road win. we may not make it to 18 wins and I doubt that gets you in the dance! Same old sheit different year!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on Yesterday at 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

The_Iceman

For Mike to actually start coaching like a damn good coach.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on Yesterday at 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

PermianPig

Can only loose 1 more time at home, to a good team. 
Then, we have to steal at least 2 on the road.

RagingHawgOn

The Pocahontas Porker

The Pitt Boss ,  The Muss Bus , The DVH Wagon . Coach Diefel , Coach Taylor , Coach Wieber an Coach McMakin life is great on the hill .

Tejano Jawg

To answer the question, at this point, we should look at it from the back end. What's the worst our record can be, and still be considered?

Because when I see this—
Home- USC, Vandy, A&M, UK, and Auburn
Away- LSU, Ole Miss, Bama, and Mizzou  plus the SEC Tourney

—I'm not very optimistic.

Even with the home games, I'm not sure I've seen with my own eyes anything that gives me a lot of confidence. Vandy?...did you see them at Rupp last night? A&M? Auburn?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Adam Stokes

9-9 will probably be enough, but our non-con opponents have been doing more poorly lately. Our non-con SOS has dropped from around 30 to 60. Oklahoma State, Minnesota, and UNC have all been sucking lately. A month ago I would've said that 9-9 would lock us in, now it puts us squarely on the bubble.

hogsanity

Just what they have been doing, which is essentially win every other game. In other words finish at 9-9 in the SEC.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Atlhogfan1

5 wins - it would depend some on who we are competing against on the bubble but I think 5 could do it.  And this isn't taking into account the SECT although doesn't look like we are heading to the double bye top 4 seed this season.  May get another game against a bubble team in the SECT.

SC, A&M, Mizzou and Bama will all be trying to play their way into the NCAAT.  Currently all are on the good or bad side of the bracketology bubbles.  Two home and two road out of that group.

Must wins it looks like now is getting one out of @LSU or @Ole Miss. 

Going to need at least 3 out of SC, Vandy, A&M, UK and AU. 

5 more wins would include at least a good win or two.  No bad losses left thanks the SEC's RPI's. 

This to reach the minimal goal for the season.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Champs04

I like looking at post from people with over 5000 post. Those are the ones that have been around for a long time and have been there thru the good and the very bad.I hate that since Nolan we have jumped in a sense from not so good to worse in our coaches. Not talking about any certain coach. Primarily all of them. You guys who love the Razorbacks, the student body, the players all deserve to be successful on the floor. I just hope they get it right next time with the coach or i don't think the program can survive. Bud Walton deserves to be full every game.