Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The deal is

Started by hogsgolfpro, January 30, 2018, 10:20:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsgolfpro

there just flat out are 4 players on this team who could play D1 ball anywhere else...and 2 of the 4 are freshman catching up to speed but holding their own..Not knocking the kids who put on that Hogs uniform, put in the work, and give it their all......but outside of Macon, Barford, Gafford, and Hall this roster is a mediocre D2 team. CJ could be a 5th but Mike doesn't believe in consistent rotations and building chemistry so looks like we'll never know. ..maybe next year's class stabilizes things in a few years but since we don't play fundamental ball, we can only hope for the occasional 3-4 year burst of talent to compete.

Danny J

Rotations and lineups to start both the first and second half of games is terrible. As you mention chemistry is a problem. Switching is a problem. We are the worst rotating team I have seen at Arkansas in many years. Our guys consistently get beat off the dribble and there is either no or slow rotation. It's simply bad defense. Until we fix that we are going to be inconsistent.

MAGA45

Darius looking dang good with his energy.
Fake News

tennesseehogwild

I can see Macon coming off the bench to start the game...maybe! But he needs to roll him out there to start the 2nd half, especially when he is hot. Is Beard in a slump from the outside or what?

HeyHogs

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on January 30, 2018, 11:00:11 pm
I can see Macon coming off the bench to start the game...maybe! But he needs to roll him out there to start the 2nd half, especially when he is hot. Is Beard in a slump from the outside or what?
Beard?  I will go with or what.

hogsanity

The deal is this is an average team with a average coach.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

b-ball coach

Have said this before, again it's my opinion. Playing random rotations kills any chance of consistency and confidence. Sure there exceptions like foul trouble and off nights but it's to tough for guys to understand their role.. create rotations of top 8-9 guys and stick with them.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: b-ball coach on January 30, 2018, 11:20:17 pm
Have said this before, again it's my opinion. Playing random rotations kills any chance of consistency and confidence. Sure there exceptions like foul trouble and off nights but it's to tough for guys to understand their role.. create rotations of top 8-9 guys and stick with them.
umm that's all he plays is 9 guys
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

20gauge

He should shorten it to 7 IMO

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on January 30, 2018, 11:02:36 pm

Mediocre Mike has been exactly that in his 7 years here....average.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on January 30, 2018, 11:00:11 pm

Macon, Barford and Hall got the Hogs down to 9 in the second half. MA hurt the team by starting Beard and especially Cook in the second half. Guys the 4 position for the Razorbacks is not D1 level talent. Beard is a fighter but he's not quick, doesn't shoot well but still has a shoot first mentality.

Beard has been the talked about man since his middle school days. It's hard for him to cut that off. He want to be the guy not one of the guys. However, this team is about to go on a nice run.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: hogsanity on January 30, 2018, 11:02:36 pm

Mediocre Mike
#ConsistentlyInconsistent

Letsroll1200

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 31, 2018, 06:44:15 am
Mediocre Mike has been exactly that in his 7 years here....average.

Winning Mike will get the hogs going the next 4 games.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 31, 2018, 06:50:39 am
Winning Mike will get the hogs going the next 4 home games.

FIFY

Pigasaurus

Didn't Mike do the same thing with Dusty last year off the bench?  Don't see the point.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy