Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pepper Roani-just ran 2nd in the John Battaglia at Turfway

Started by HogFanInBryant, February 28, 2015, 07:56:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

The winner of the race was all alone on a very slow lead and totally dusted them.  BUT...don't forget about this horse Pepper Roani!  Trained by Michael Maker and came from way out of it very wide and made up a lot of ground into a crawling pace up front.  Not saying this is a Triple Crown type horse by any means...but what he just did was run a quietly good race on a track that favors speed and everything went against him the way it unfolded.  Stay tuned!

cbhawg03

HFIB a, we got to get you away from Maker horses, was VIT and now maybe this horse.

holeinthewall

I can't take any horse that runs on that track seriously.  They ruined Turfway with that synthetic crap.

HogFanInBryant

My point is the horse closed into a clear 2nd with EVERYTHING going against him.  Not touting this one as a champion, but would be foolish not to keep an eye on him.  If he likes his next racing surface ok and gets a pace to run at he could be any kind!  JMHO!

cbhawg03

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on March 01, 2015, 10:44:24 am
My point is the horse closed into a clear 2nd with EVERYTHING going against him.  Not touting this one as a champion, but would be foolish not to keep an eye on him.  If he likes his next racing surface ok and gets a pace to run at he could be any kind!  JMHO!

Man I am just messing with you. Personally, I don't like anything from Turfway. That track is well that track and it just doesn't allow me to have any belief in any horse coming from there or any race from there. By the way, Mike Battalgia (sp) is the worse announcer in the history of horse racing, he is just so boring, bland, and extremely slow.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on March 01, 2015, 12:46:07 pm
Man I am just messing with you. Personally, I don't like anything from Turfway. That track is well that track and it just doesn't allow me to have any belief in any horse coming from there or any race from there. By the way, Mike Battalgia (sp) is the worse announcer in the history of horse racing, he is just so boring, bland, and extremely slow.

"For thaaaaa lead" "they're in tha fyyyynal furrrlong" "Gayyyyyning ground" yes he is old school as old school gets but they've been loyal to him.  He has called a few KD's you know!

cbhawg03

Some of the worse Derby calls of all time belong to him.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on March 01, 2015, 02:10:10 pm
Some of the worse Derby calls of all time belong to him.

I'm a Dave Johnson guy when it comes to the KD!

HogFanInBryant

I'm about to hit a stretch with work where I'll be on the road a lot and kinda out of touch.  If anyone hears anything on this horse please do post info.

cbhawg03

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on March 06, 2015, 10:46:39 pm
I'm about to hit a stretch with work where I'll be on the road a lot and kinda out of touch.  If anyone hears anything on this horse please do post info.

Add to stable, get app on iPhone if stable is through equibase or horse racing now, set alerts for entries and workouts.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on March 06, 2015, 11:37:08 pm

Add to stable, get app on iPhone if stable is through equibase or horse racing now, set alerts for entries and workouts.

I've got a Samsung and tried to download the Equibase app for this and had major issues with my phone freezing up.  I even took the app off and reloaded it and had same issue.

cbhawg03

HogFanInBryant

Still nothing on this horse...surely he'll be running soon again.  If anyone hears anything please do post in this thread.

RockChalkJayhawk

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on March 07, 2015, 07:08:18 pm
I've got a Samsung and tried to download the Equibase app for this and had major issues with my phone freezing up.  I even took the app off and reloaded it and had same issue.

Why not just get a free DRF account and use the stable mail?  You get email alerts on works, entries and results, all free. You can set your own preferences as well.  My TwinSpires stable also does the same thing so I get more than enough heads up on horses on my list.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: RockChalkJayhawk on March 24, 2015, 10:48:40 pm
Why not just get a free DRF account and use the stable mail?  You get email alerts on works, entries and results, all free. You can set your own preferences as well.  My TwinSpires stable also does the same thing so I get more than enough heads up on horses on my list.

I'll use the TwinSpires service...didn't know they offered it but will set it up now.  Thanks!

cbhawg03

cbhawg03

David Koenig (founder of Sand Dollar Stable LLC, co-owner with Skychai Racing LLC of Pepper Roani, post 3; 12-1 in the morning line) "With eight horses maybe we didn't want the rail, but I don't see any issue. He's probably going to be midpack or a little bit back. He's going to just relax and come on and hopefully there is not that much traffic in the race, so I'm not that concerned about the post position. We'd love to run one, two or three and let the (Kentucky Derby) chips fall where they may."

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on April 01, 2015, 06:46:29 pm
David Koenig (founder of Sand Dollar Stable LLC, co-owner with Skychai Racing LLC of Pepper Roani, post 3; 12-1 in the morning line) "With eight horses maybe we didn't want the rail, but I don't see any issue. He's probably going to be midpack or a little bit back. He's going to just relax and come on and hopefully there is not that much traffic in the race, so I'm not that concerned about the post position. We'd love to run one, two or three and let the (Kentucky Derby) chips fall where they may."

I'm going to play him but HUGE question mark is the surface...hope for a good trip and some honest speed to run at.  This horse has potential!

HogFanInBryant

Never ran a step...just pissed away $55 on a Turfway horse lol...live and learn!

cbhawg03

HFIB: Pick another trainer besides Maker ;)

You keep getting burnt by the same trainer. First VIT and now PR.

cbhawg03

Mike Maker with first-time starters in maiden special weight routes after September of their 2-year-old year. Mike Maker is the kind of trainer who wins at a high rate with nearly all types of runners, and when he has a first-time starter, he tends to get well bet. Considering his stats with horses making their debut (25 for 112, 22 percent, $2.19 ROI over the last two years), this makes a lot of sense. But dig a bit deeper, and it becomes clear that the bulk of that success has occurred either in sprints or earlier in the horse's 2-year-old year. In fact, over the past five years, Maker is 77-9-7-11 with a $1.15 ROI when debuting horses in maiden special weight routes. Upon closer examination, all of those nine wins came with 2-year-olds, and six of the nine came in September or earlier, often at tracks like Turfway Park or Ellis Park. Here's a breakdown of his stats with horses debuting in MSW routes:

Category Starters 1st 2nd 3rd ROI
2YOs in July thru Sept. 29 6 2 2 $2.11
2YOs after Oct. 1 20 3 0 5 $1.38
3YOs and up 28 0 5 5 $0.00

As you can see, the younger they are, the greater the success Maker has had. With horses making their debut in a MSW route after September of their 2-year-old year, Maker is 48-3-5-10 with a $0.58 ROI over the past five years. However, it's interesting to note that almost all of these runners were well bet, with 35 of the 48 horses going off lower than 10-1 and 17 of them 9-2 or lower.

These are just a few examples of bets to avoid. Every day, at every track, you will find many examples of these kinds of great (or awful) opportunities. DRF Formulator gives you the keys to find these angles, and it could very well lead you to a winner who is overlooked by much of the betting public. Check out the different Formulator plans available, priced for every budget. Better yet, try it for yourself: Get two Formulator cards for a penny by using code BETTHIS at checkout.

There is some more on Maker just for fun.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: cbhawg03 on April 06, 2015, 10:05:46 am
Mike Maker with first-time starters in maiden special weight routes after September of their 2-year-old year. Mike Maker is the kind of trainer who wins at a high rate with nearly all types of runners, and when he has a first-time starter, he tends to get well bet. Considering his stats with horses making their debut (25 for 112, 22 percent, $2.19 ROI over the last two years), this makes a lot of sense. But dig a bit deeper, and it becomes clear that the bulk of that success has occurred either in sprints or earlier in the horse's 2-year-old year. In fact, over the past five years, Maker is 77-9-7-11 with a $1.15 ROI when debuting horses in maiden special weight routes. Upon closer examination, all of those nine wins came with 2-year-olds, and six of the nine came in September or earlier, often at tracks like Turfway Park or Ellis Park. Here's a breakdown of his stats with horses debuting in MSW routes:

Category Starters 1st 2nd 3rd ROI
2YOs in July thru Sept. 29 6 2 2 $2.11
2YOs after Oct. 1 20 3 0 5 $1.38
3YOs and up 28 0 5 5 $0.00

As you can see, the younger they are, the greater the success Maker has had. With horses making their debut in a MSW route after September of their 2-year-old year, Maker is 48-3-5-10 with a $0.58 ROI over the past five years. However, it's interesting to note that almost all of these runners were well bet, with 35 of the 48 horses going off lower than 10-1 and 17 of them 9-2 or lower.

These are just a few examples of bets to avoid. Every day, at every track, you will find many examples of these kinds of great (or awful) opportunities. DRF Formulator gives you the keys to find these angles, and it could very well lead you to a winner who is overlooked by much of the betting public. Check out the different Formulator plans available, priced for every budget. Better yet, try it for yourself: Get two Formulator cards for a penny by using code BETTHIS at checkout.

There is some more on Maker just for fun.

You do know I am gonna throw up when I forget about this horse and he ends up winning at 35-1 in some grade 3 stakes later this year lol.