Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Race Number 2 Atlanta

Started by hoghelmet14, February 25, 2015, 10:18:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoghelmet14

OK... someone tell me who to pick for fantasy..... I am not in last place.... but durn near it! LOL

I want to Pick Tony since he has done well there in the past..... but every time I pick him he crashes!

Did you hear his in car audio?.... from Daytona?  He said that was all his fault..... he got loose and could not save it...... Brutally honest.... that's my Driver!
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

holeinthewall

High in the upper 40's Sunday with a chance of rain. If it gets rained out Sunday the foirecast for next week is rain rain rain all week. They may not get it in at all. Not sure who the idiot was that made Atlanta a late Feb date but it wasn't very smart. What happened to west coast trips for this time of year?   

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 26, 2015, 06:15:52 am
High in the upper 40's Sunday with a chance of rain. If it gets rained out Sunday the foirecast for next week is rain rain rain all week. They may not get it in at all. Not sure who the idiot was that made Atlanta a late Feb date but it wasn't very smart. What happened to west coast trips for this time of year?   

Atlanta used to be in March and once it got snow delayed... Spring weather in Atlanta is like the weather in Arkansas... Just unpredictable.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

ImHogginIt

February 26, 2015, 09:32:14 am #3 Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:14:04 am by ImHogginIt
Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 25, 2015, 10:18:04 am
OK... someone tell me who to pick for fantasy..... I am not in last place.... but durn near it! LOL

I want to Pick Tony since he has done well there in the past..... but every time I pick him he crashes!

Did you hear his in car audio?.... from Daytona?  He said that was all his fault..... he got loose and could not save it...... Brutally honest.... that's my Driver!

Tony admitting he screwed up ? Has he suddenly mellowed in middle age ?  ;D

hoghelmet14

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 26, 2015, 09:32:14 am
Tony admitting he screwed up ? Has he suddenly mellowed in middle age ? :-)

He has always been mellow.... he was just "misunderstood"!.... that is kin to misspoke... aka... lied! LOL
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

HogScoutMaster

Pick Tony, its fun watching him wreck by himself
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

10thPlanet

Stewart wouldn't be a bad pick there.

ImHogginIt

Not a fan of Tony but hope he has a good year after the shiit he took and still takes from idiots blaming him for that kid's death.

Flying Razorback

Harvick fastest in final practice.

Harvick loses engine in final practice...

Engine change and start in the back.  Bummer.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Flying Razorback

I'm taking a pessimistic view on the rain today.  Because of the weather Monday-Wednesday and the trip out to the west coast, this race may be rescheduled until later in the year if they can't find a way to get it to the halfway point today.

If it does get running and ends around halfway, that could really hurt a bunch of the guys stuck in the back who missed qualifying/Harvick with his engine blown.

Buff

An awesome engine helps but if Harvick can hold the throttle open more than everyone else through the turns he'll make it to the front in no time.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Buff on March 01, 2015, 11:39:05 am
An awesome engine helps but if Harvick can hold the throttle open more than everyone else through the turns he'll make it to the front in no time.

I just hope they don't tune his engine too far down to prevent another blow out during the race.  I guess it'll depend on if they think the whole race will go or if it'll only last 250-300 miles.  I doubt they take that gamble though, you have to assume it'll make the full 500 miles.

I'm more nervous about wrecks in the back though with the 48, 24, 20, 4, and other fast fast cars trying to get through a lot of the guys in the back before the 22 catches the back of the pack.

We saw last year that a car like the 4 can pace the field out front, but be pretty much junk in the back of traffic.

Buff

I really wanted to put him on fantasy this week but forgot to set a roster.  Guess I'm stuck hoping Denny Hamlin does good.

Buff

For the record, not a fan of competition cautions.

Buff

On lap 63 they were installing the 4th set of tires.  WTH Goodyear?

Flying Razorback

It's not only Goodyear.  I was listening to NASCAR radio earlier this week and they said they reached down and rubbed their hand on the urbane of the track and it bout cut it all up.  They said it feels like sharp gravel.

Buff

Hamlin was my main Fantasy driver today, and he got wrecked.  Gordon got it good in that wreck too.

Flying Razorback

Well looks like Harvick is seeing if we remember last year.

Fastest in all practices/qualifying, lead most the race, falls back to the bottom of the top 10 or lower in the final 50 laps.  Obviously the championship was nice, but I'd really like to not repeat this again.

Flying Razorback

And I just lost Edwards on my fantasy team.

Buff

Quote from: Flying Razorback on March 01, 2015, 04:19:56 pm

Fastest in all practices/qualifying, lead most the race, falls back to the bottom of the top 10 or lower in the final 50 laps.  Obviously the championship was nice, but I'd really like to not repeat this again.

Knaus knows how to get up front and stay there.  Not sure how Harvick's team keeps finding themselves in this spot.

Flying Razorback

I will say this is identical to how Harvick wrecked and ended up 19th in the fall Atlanta after dominating it.

Flying Razorback

Logano tried everything he could to wreck Harvick on that restart.  Just like he did at the G-W-C in the fall Atlanta race. 

And it cost Harvick 4 spots just then.

I'm ticked.

10thPlanet

This race has been an adventure. Not sure if I like it much. Fantasy picks crashed.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: 10thPlanet on March 01, 2015, 04:49:39 pm
This race has been an adventure. Not sure if I like it much. Fantasy picks crashed.

Same here.

Flying Razorback

My fantasy day swings wildly lap by lap all of a sudden it seems like.  This race should have just been called at the halfway point with Harvick leading...  ;)

10thPlanet

LOL, I hope that track workers not driving home tonight.

Flying Razorback

Harvick showing you how to lose a race.  2015 just like 2014.

Buff

5 laps to go and Larry Mac is giving props to the 7th and 8th place cars.

10thPlanet

Where's Hogs24 been? We may need to rush him some Prozac over with Jeff retiring. I know when Martin finally announced I was pretty bummed.

TheRazorback500

Oh well. Johnson again. ::)

Nice run for the Moffitt kid.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

bulldog04

Went with Hamlin instead of Harvick which was a bad move.  I didn't watch the race due to an emergency but did that Moffit kid really run that good or did he have a lot of luck?

Racinray

Quote from: bulldog04 on March 01, 2015, 06:41:47 pm
Went with Hamlin instead of Harvick which was a bad move.  I didn't watch the race due to an emergency but did that Moffit kid really run that good or did he have a lot of luck?
Kept his nose clean and stayed out of trouble.