Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The End Of A Remarkable Run

Started by roundball, February 23, 2015, 08:54:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 27, 2015, 09:53:51 pm
In the first place, McIlroy has not bulked up more than Tiger did.  In the second place, my suspicion that Tiger was juicing isn't just based on the size of his head or the prism through which I view the world.

What part of Tiger going to Canada to choose a doctor who was known to prescribe a PED regimen for his clients...and who was later arrested while in the process of transporting said PEDs across the U.S.-Canada border...seems unclear to you?

I have no problem with clarity. The Dr in question actually used a blood spinning technique that was legal, but banned by the PGA. Pretty sure Tiger also used HGH. Also pretty sure 40% of the younger players on the tour use amphetamines. The problem is, I can't prove any of it.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 27, 2015, 10:51:05 pm
I have no problem with clarity. The Dr in question actually used a blood spinning technique that was legal, but banned by the PGA. Pretty sure Tiger also used HGH. Also pretty sure 40% of the younger players on the tour use amphetamines. The problem is, I can't prove any of it.
Tiger circa 1997 looked like a bean pole...then a few years later the announcers were speaking of Woods as possibly being the greatest athlete in the world....now, you don't go from 'scare crow' to "Rowdy Ronda Rousey" without the aid of some type of testosterone...and since Tiger had already gone through puberty, I'm guessing the guy was juicing as often as the physician told him what the threshold would be before he began to damage his organs
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Sir Oinksalot

....does that stuff give you a raging boner, he seemed to be hitting it quit a bit ?  I heard a long time ago it would shrivel yur beans...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

root_hawg

onebadrubi

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 25, 2015, 10:25:32 pm
Have a lot of people forgotten that we have the world's #1 player going for his 3rd straight major at the Masters?  He'll be the overwhelming favorite at Augusta and if he wins there he will be going for the "Rory Slam" at the U.S. Open.

Didn't he just miss the cut?

clutch

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 01, 2015, 11:22:00 am
Tiger circa 1997 looked like a bean pole...then a few years later the announcers were speaking of Woods as possibly being the greatest athlete in the world....now, you don't go from 'scare crow' to "Rowdy Ronda Rousey" without the aid of some type of testosterone...and since Tiger had already gone through puberty, I'm guessing the guy was juicing as often as the physician told him what the threshold would be before he began to damage his organs

I think Tigers muscle is one of the most over exaggerated things in sports. He never really got that big. He was 185 was his heaviest weight. It's actually incredibly easy to get to the size tiger was at without any assistance. It takes a lot of hard work, but it can be done if you are willing to do it. When you're skinny, it looks like you're a lot bigger than you really are.

This isn't to say that Tiger didn't use some type of PED. He may very well have. He did whatever he could to become the best golfer possible. If he did though, it wasn't the type builds tons of muscle. With the way Tiger worked out he would have been a whole lot bigger.

onebadrubi

Quote from: clutch on March 01, 2015, 03:03:25 pm
I think Tigers muscle is one of the most over exaggerated things in sports. He never really got that big. He was 185 was his heaviest weight. It's actually incredibly easy to get to the size tiger was at without any assistance. It takes a lot of hard work, but it can be done if you are willing to do it. When you're skinny, it looks like you're a lot bigger than you really are.

This isn't to say that Tiger didn't use some type of PED. He may very well have. He did whatever he could to become the best golfer possible. If he did though, it wasn't the type builds tons of muscle. With the way Tiger worked out he would have been a whole lot bigger.

People won't think rational when trying to push an agenda though.  Why do you think the NFL doesn't want someone that is 18-21?  Your  body is goign to grow and strengthen so much there, then even more on through you early and mid twenties.  Tiger did not get so big that is was impossible without roids.  Very educated golf people have been saying since his 2001 run that the torque he put on his body was more than anyone ever has with the golf swing, well if true no wonder it's not holding up now.   

Did he take them?  I dont know, but nothing has happened like a Bonds, Mcguire, sosa moment with Tiger. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 01, 2015, 02:49:20 pm
Didn't he just miss the cut?

After finishing 1st or 2nd in his last six to eight starts?  Yeah, his game has deserted him.

Besides, I said he will be the favorite at the Masters, not the Honda Classic.

Boarcephus

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 01, 2015, 04:11:57 pm
After finishing 1st or 2nd in his last six to eight starts?  Yeah, his game has deserted him.

Besides, I said he will be the favorite at the Masters, not the Honda Classic.

I don't think Rory spends that much time on his game the latter part of one year and the first part of next year.   i'd wager he'll start spending much more time on his game the next 4-5 weeks.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 01, 2015, 04:48:04 pm
I don't think Rory spends that much time on his game the latter part of one year and the first part of next year.   i'd wager he'll start spending much more time on his game the next 4-5 weeks.

He also played in some pretty miserable weather this week, including wind.  Rory has historically had trouble playing in high wind.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 01, 2015, 11:22:00 am

GOLF announcers were touting Woods as a great athlete. Before Woods, most golfers looked like Craig Stadler. Golfers are NOT athletes on the same level that guys in any other sport are, with the exception of bowlers.

I would be fairly certain Woods used PEDs to recover from his 2008 knee injury. If he used to put 20 lbs on and change his body type from 1997 to 2001, he didn't get his money worth and shoulda fired his DR. Any 22 yr old in the world can do that with a good diet and a home gym.

"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 01, 2015, 06:43:50 pm
GOLF announcers were touting Woods as a great athlete. Before Woods, most golfers looked like Craig Stadler. Golfers are NOT athletes on the same level that guys in any other sport are, with the exception of bowlers.

I would be fairly certain Woods used PEDs to recover from his 2008 knee injury. If he used to put 20 lbs on and change his body type from 1997 to 2001, he didn't get his money worth and shoulda fired his DR. Any 22 yr old in the world can do that with a good diet and a home gym.
Most golfers looked like Craig Stadler ?  Are you kidding me ?  Back in the day, lifting weights, other than by Gary Player, was thought to be a golf "no no"....back in those days lifting weights was thought to tighten your muscles and therefore leave you less elastic.  Now, as science has progressed, lifting, along with the proper regimen of stretching is the way to go. I played college golf and amateur golf on into my twenties and thirties, and I don't recall noticing a bunch of Craig Stadlers waddling their way around the course. Yes there were a few, but methinks you used one of your typical sweeping generalizations that you are famous for.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 02, 2015, 04:23:49 pm
Most golfers looked like Craig Stadler ?

No one ever told Arnold Palmer, Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, Gary Player or Bobby Jones how fat and out of shape they were.  Tom Watson or Johnny Miller, either.  Nicklaus was overweight until about 1970, but he was also very muscular.  He had 29 inch thighs and was built like a Bear.  If I'm not mistaken he was an honorable mention all-state shooting guard who was recruited to play basketball at Ohio State, so it's not like he was a fat toad who couldn't move.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 02, 2015, 04:47:49 pm
No one ever told Arnold Palmer, Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, Gary Player or Bobby Jones how fat and out of shape they were.  Tom Watson or Johnny Miller, either.  Nicklaus was overweight until about 1970, but he was also very muscular.  He had 29 inch thighs and was built like a Bear.  If I'm not mistaken he was an honorable mention all-state shooting guard who was recruited to play basketball at Ohio State, so it's not like he was a fat toad who couldn't move.
Jack's grandson played a mean and quite productive tight end for the FLorida State Seminoles in their National Championship year before last. One would imagine the Nicklaus genes were running through that boy's veins.

root_hawg

Palmer's hands were like a vice grip, man is as stout as a bull

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 02, 2015, 04:23:49 pm
Most golfers looked like Craig Stadler ?  Are you kidding me ?  Back in the day, lifting weights, other than by Gary Player, was thought to be a golf "no no"....back in those days lifting weights was thought to tighten your muscles and therefore leave you less elastic.  Now, as science has progressed, lifting, along with the proper regimen of stretching is the way to go. I played college golf and amateur golf on into my twenties and thirties, and I don't recall noticing a bunch of Craig Stadlers waddling their way around the course. Yes there were a few, but methinks you used one of your typical sweeping generalizations that you are famous for.

Okay. But golfers are still not, nor never will be confused for athletes. Most back in the day looked more like a young Stadler than Player or Nicklaus. 

Chamblee made the comment several years ago, before Tiger snubbed him for an interview and he went in attack mode, that Woods could play Saftey in football! LOL. That was an ignorant statement. Woods would get killed on a football field.

Diet and exercise has made golfers much more fit. Plus, most probably don't take in the night-life quiet as much as they did back in the day. No one in golf is using steriods to build muscle. Are they using HGH to heal or amphetamines to keep up with the hellish schedule. I'd say probably yes. No one will likely ever know doe sure because the PGA keeps the iron curtain pretty well closed. Other sports could actually learn a lot from the way they run their media relations.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 02, 2015, 04:47:49 pm

You just named 8 of the greatest golfers that every played. Those aren't most golfers. Damn, you just out-hyperboled me! I may ban myself.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

rickm1976

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 27, 2015, 09:01:28 pm
What separates Jack, even if Tiger woulda got to 19 Majors is the fact that he finished second in 17. That is extraordinary. A break here or there and he coulda had 30.

Yep.  A lot of folks aren't aware of that fact.  Jack had his share of stiff competition in his day.

Dr. Starcs

Tiger has also had stiff.......well ya know.

HSVhogfan2

That's how Tiger likes his Denny's Waitresses'. Over easy. 

Veni Sancte Spiritus