Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 09, 2024, 08:57:40 am

Iraqi Dinar

Started by Anybody, January 18, 2015, 11:16:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Razorback

I just read through this entire thread over coffee.  It was fascinating, full of all kinds of highs and lows.  I was sad to see that it was a comedy bit in the end and the dude was just trolling along.  I don't wish economic harm to people, but it is funny to watch people get caught up in those things.  Or selling knives.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: twistitup on February 27, 2015, 05:03:03 am
I'm assuming....he came here looking for a sucka

My thoughts exactly. Why else would he be proposing the preposterous if he wasn't selling a scheme?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

PEtrader

Quote from: Flying Razorback on February 27, 2015, 08:03:39 am
I just read through this entire thread over coffee.  It was fascinating, full of all kinds of highs and lows.  I was sad to see that it was a comedy bit in the end and the dude was just trolling along.  I don't wish economic harm to people, but it is funny to watch people get caught up in those things.  Or selling knives.

It's gold for the finance forum for sure.   
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

PEtrader

Quote from: The Chief on February 27, 2015, 08:03:43 am
My thoughts exactly. Why else would he be proposing the preposterous if he wasn't selling a scheme?

I looked at his post history,  he looks like a legit person.   Sadly,  I think Anybody was the sucka here.   Hopefullyh he didn't lose too much money. 

This is a great example of why it makes sense to invest in registered investments, and not get rich quick schemes. 
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: PEtrader on February 27, 2015, 08:10:19 am
I looked at his post history,  he looks like a legit person.   Sadly,  I think Anybody was the sucka here.   Hopefullyh he didn't lose too much money. 

This is a great example of why it makes sense to invest in registered investments, and not get rich quick schemes. 

Yeah, I hope he didn't lose money to the point he's financially hurt, just enough to learn from this "endeavor."
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

twistitup

Like they've always said: If it sounds too good to be true...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PEtrader

Quote from: twistitup on February 27, 2015, 08:17:30 am
Like they've always said: If it sounds too good to be true...

YES

Or like I say,  "If it was that good,  Goldman would have already taken the whole thing."

PorkRinds

You guys just have faith no more.

ricepig

Quote from: PEtrader on February 27, 2015, 08:08:20 am
It's gold for the finance forum for sure.   

So, you're advocating buying gold??

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2015, 10:41:45 am
So, you're advocating buying gold??

No way, silver man.  And not those ETFs, you're behind if you don't have $20-$50,000 worth of Canadian silver dollars in your basement.

ricepig

Quote from: Flying Razorback on February 27, 2015, 04:58:43 pm

No way, silver man.  And not those ETFs, you're behind if you don't have $20-$50,000 worth of Canadian silver dollars in your basement.

I take my silver advice from Bunker Hunt.......

JoeyCapital

Quote from: PEtrader on February 27, 2015, 08:35:01 am
YES

Or like I say,  "If it was that good,  Goldman would have already taken the whole thing."
Lol, I say the same thing.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

HawgWild

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2015, 07:06:17 pm
I take my silver advice from Bunker Hunt.......

I did the same back in the 1980s. That's why my 1000 gram bar spent time as a weight for a piece of driftwood in an aquarium I once had.

PEtrader

Is there Anybody out there?

McKdaddy

Quote from: PEtrader on March 02, 2015, 09:04:38 pm
Is there Anybody out there?

I spend my days at work wondering what beach he is on, imaging him counting all his loot.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Flying Razorback

Did he think it would be as simple as coming in to a Hog forum and saying "Hey guys!  I've got this incredible opportunity that can turn a couple thousands bucks in to millions over the weekend!  PM me your account numbers and I'll set it up!  Boy, can't believe nobody has heard of this yet!  Click here, you'll never guess what happens next!  I can't believe #6!"

PEtrader

Quote from: Flying Razorback on March 04, 2015, 07:34:44 am
Did he think it would be as simple as coming in to a Hog forum and saying "Hey guys!  I've got this incredible opportunity that can turn a couple thousands bucks in to millions over the weekend!  PM me your account numbers and I'll set it up!  Boy, can't believe nobody has heard of this yet!  Click here, you'll never guess what happens next!  I can't believe #6!"

Have you been in jumpball?   He just picked the wrong sub forum. 

PEtrader

Quote from: McKdaddy on March 04, 2015, 06:30:03 am
I spend my days at work wondering what beach he is on, imaging him counting all his loot.

Bet he is sucking down Mai tais all day.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: PEtrader on March 04, 2015, 07:50:43 am

I forget about the higher order forums here.  I used to rarely descend below the Razorback sports segment.  Now I scroll past all that as fast as I can.  I prefer to believe that my fellow Arkansans and Razorback fans are not anything like the people represented in those sub forums.

McKdaddy

Quote from: PEtrader on March 04, 2015, 07:50:43 am

Ha

McKdaddy

Quote from: Flying Razorback on March 04, 2015, 07:54:24 am

I forget about the higher order forums here.  I used to rarely descend below the Razorback sports segment.  Now I scroll past all that as fast as I can.  I prefer to believe that my fellow Arkansans and Razorback fans are not anything like the people represented in those sub forums.

Good grief, no doubt.  I worry for humanity when I spend too much time in MMQB/Jump Ball.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: McKdaddy on March 04, 2015, 06:30:03 am
Hangin with Red and Andy on the beach in Zihuatanejo.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

PEtrader

He was on yesterday.   

I guess tge beach has wifi

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: Anybody on February 07, 2015, 11:22:27 pm
History will tell very shortly.  KTF  (Keep The Faith)

On this I agree with you.

PEtrader

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: PEtrader on March 04, 2015, 08:55:13 pm
You keeping the faith?

Nah, just the history will tell shortly part.

:(

Anybody

twistitup

PorkRinds

CabotHog87

PEtrader

PEtrader

This has to be the greatest thread in finance forum history.  I  log in and check everyday to see if Anybody has hit the lotto yet. 

Albert Einswine

Quote from: PEtrader on March 10, 2015, 01:05:02 pm
This has to be the greatest thread in finance forum history.  I  log in and check everyday to see if Anybody has hit the lotto yet. 

This Saturday, bro. Anybody rockets to the stratosphere this Saturday.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

PEtrader

Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 10, 2015, 01:06:44 pm

This Saturday, bro. Anybody rockets to the stratosphere this Saturday.

I for one am [CENSORED] excited!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: PEtrader on March 10, 2015, 01:11:55 pm
I for one am [CENSORED] excited!

The faith is being kept!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

ricepig

I'm busy that day, anyone think they'll put it off until after the SEC tournament, so I can watch?

PEtrader

Quote from: ricepig on March 10, 2015, 01:36:40 pm
I'm busy that day, anyone think they'll put it off until after the SEC tournament, so I can watch?

Need to run that by Anybody.  he has the in, so anything is possibly. 

ricepig

Quote from: PEtrader on March 10, 2015, 03:43:57 pm
Need to run that by Anybody.  he has the in, so anything is possibly. 

What will the value be after Iran takes over, I'll hang up and listen.

CabotHog87

I just wrote a check for $5000 to open up a Roth.. Should've bought Dinar.. I'm really gonna regret this come Saturday

PEtrader

Quote from: CabotHog87 on March 10, 2015, 05:19:04 pm
I just wrote a check for $5000 to open up a Roth.. Should've bought Dinar.. I'm really gonna regret this come Saturday

you should have KTFF!

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Anybody on March 10, 2015, 01:15:58 am

KTF

This weekend, March 14, '15, at 9:26 you'll have a party for Pi Day?

Anybody

Homework is important.  Once again, history will be made shortly.

Keeping The Faith

twistitup

Quote from: Anybody on March 11, 2015, 01:10:03 am

Keeping The Faith

Have you done homework?

JoeyCapital

Keeping The Faith
I remember my first investment. I was pretty emotionally attached to it, too.

PorkRinds

Keeping The Faith

Just so I could say I'm KTF, I went and had my financial planner take all my money out of my investment portfolio and put it in the Dinar.  He was really upset, but I told him about this thread and how it was a sure deal.  I told him we only had until 3-14 to get this done.  He finally broke down and did it for me.  I was rich before, but by god I'm going to be Bill Gates after this goes down!

JoeyCapital

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 11, 2015, 08:22:07 am
Just so I could say I'm KTF, I went and had my financial planner take all my money out of my investment portfolio and put it in the Dinar.  He was really upset, but I told him about this thread and how it was a sure deal.  I told him we only had until 3-14 to get this done.  He finally broke down and did it for me.  I was rich before, but by god I'm going to be Bill Gates after this goes down!
I have forwarded this thread to FINRA. Took em 10 minutes to reply back that they are making this thread required reading for all series 7 licensees. They're gonna test us on it for our CE.

I figure its only a matter of time before Buffett makes a request of Lanny to try to get Anybody's real name. He needs guru's like Anybody.

Anybody

I am not a guru.  I just do my due diligence.  History will tell the story.

KTF

CabotHog87

Quote from: Anybody on March 11, 2015, 12:19:06 pm
I am not a guru.  I just do my due diligence.  History will tell the story.

KTF

And you still invested?

ricepig

Quote from: CabotHog87 on March 11, 2015, 12:27:56 pm
And you still invested?

Unless he used them to start a fire........

PEtrader

Keeping The Faith

So really,  if you don't want to be labeled a moron you should lay out what exactly led you to your thesis that Dinar is the way to go.   You coming on here and saying these little quips like "keep the faith"  , "31415",  etc are fun and all, but they make you look like an idiot.