Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mix bag on new social media rules

Started by Richard Davenport, August 02, 2016, 09:49:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

Thanks RD, wonder why there was comments from some big time OL I haven't heard mentioned in a while in this article.......hmmmmm. ;)

Richard Davenport

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 02, 2016, 01:52:42 pm
Thanks RD, wonder why there was comments from some big time OL I haven't heard mentioned in a while in this article.......hmmmmm. ;)

I've mentioned them. Chuck told me awhile back he planned to visit Arkansas. Banks will be a tough one to get but they're still in the running.

bphi11ips

For the longest, I thought high school athletes' fascination with Twitter arose out of self-absorbed kids drawing attention to themselves.  Now my understanding is the NCAA rules prohibiting direct contact with players via text or phone has led to a system where Twitter is the primary means of communication between recruits and coaches.  In a sense, social media has become a "loophole".  The new rule seems to broaden it.

It would be interesting if Richard could give us a primer on rules and current practices in recruiting.  That would give us a better appreciation of what the athletes are dealing with and why they do the things they do, like name a Top 5 list. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.