Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Filling up fast!

Started by Deep Shoat, July 29, 2016, 09:03:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Shoat

I'm wondering when all the excitement about this will turn into angst over not having enough slots to offer elite players late.

You have to know it's coming, right?
All Gas, No Brakes!

ricepig

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 29, 2016, 09:03:28 pm
I'm wondering when all the excitement about this will turn into angst over not having enough slots to offer elite players late.

So........you're saying our commits aren't elite??

Deep Shoat

Quote from: ricepig on July 29, 2016, 09:05:55 pm
So........you're saying our commits aren't elite??
No.  I'm saying there is a significant contingent on Hogville who really like stars.  And there is another contingent who really like stirring up crap against CBB.  Both will be wound up about this, sooner than later.

But you knew that.
All Gas, No Brakes!

AugustaHog

You would have to think the last three commits would appease the stargazers and we're sitting nicely for James.  I figure a few of the current guys get bumped to 4* after re-evals which will also help rankings/perception.  We have a ton of talent committed, even if the "experts" haven't figured it out yet.  Those last 6-7 spots will be cherry-picked I'm sure and will include a few higher rated guys.  Even if the rankings don't show it, this class is going to produce results over the next 5-6 years. 

rzrbackramsfan

If we get to 20 recruits we should start going hard for nothing but bamas and lsu's 5 star recruits

ricepig

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 29, 2016, 09:09:22 pm
No.  I'm saying there is a significant contingent on Hogville who really like stars.  And there is another contingent who really like stirring up crap against CBB.  Both will be wound up about this, sooner than later.

But you knew that.

Well, we weren't going to get any traction in this thread without a little sand to get it going. 😋

TNhawgfan

Anyone on here who follows recruiting remembers our finish last season. The guys who wait to do the hat thing on ESPN aren't going to pick us. Coach himself even said we aren't sexy, so those kids will always pick the soup of the day. So holding spots for them is dumb. Coach realized that last year and changed his approach. I give the man a lot of credit for that
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

ricepig

Quote from: TNhawgfan on July 30, 2016, 08:59:55 am
Anyone on here who follows recruiting remembers our finish last season. The guys who wait to do the hat thing on ESPN aren't going to pick us. Coach himself even said we aren't sexy, so those kids will always pick the soup of the day. So holding spots for them is dumb. Coach realized that last year and changed his approach. I give the man a lot of credit for that

I can see 1 or 2 spots if you've met you needs already, and think you have a legitimate shot, but otherwise, get the guys that know they want to be Razorback's earlier.

nwahogfan1

yes, I agree.  I figure one or two will change their minds later so that will open up a couple slots.   LIke CBB said in his press interview he and staff have to get together find out their biggest needs and go after STUDS to fill those needs.  Not over sign a position or get a 3 star kid who will never play a down.  Like he said that is much tougher to do than it sounds.

ricepig

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 30, 2016, 09:26:57 am
yes, I agree.  I figure one or two will change their minds later so that will open up a couple slots.   LIke CBB said in his press interview he and staff have to get together find out their biggest needs and go after STUDS to fill those needs.  Not over sign a position or get a 3 star kid who will never play a down.  Like he said that is much tougher to do than it sounds.

He also said he's only had 4 de-commits in 11 years as a head coach.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-bret-bielema-not-concerned-with-possible-decommits-as-2017-class-continues-to-grow#.V5wCs_Bt9DU.twitter

thebignasty

wildhogman

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 29, 2016, 10:38:32 pm
If we get to 20 recruits we should start going hard for nothing but bamas and lsu's 5 star recruits
Seems to me with Montaric Brown that Bama is coming after CBB recruits. Why do you think CBB needs Bama's endorsement on a recruit before he offers them?
Check the offer list of some of our recruits. You might be surprised at who else offered, and I don't wanna hear about a Bama or LSU offer wasn't commitable. It was an offer. 
And just to play that uncommitble offer game.  The usual claim is the kid is 3rd or 4th on Bama's board,  But that means they actually "are on" the board.
And for the record, I don't care who it is or what their offerlist or star rating is, once they commit they are HOGS. And should be treated as such

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ricepig on July 30, 2016, 06:45:22 am
Well, we weren't going to get any traction in this thread without a little sand to get it going. 😋
Nice!

Those stargazers are hiding in the weeds, ready with the we are recruiting exactly where we always do 20 to 30, and we can't be champions till we get a top 5 class......blah, blah, blah, because Bama blah, blah, blah.

However I think they are going to be all messed up when 5 or 6 of these 3*s become 4*s.

Then when we win the west this year their playhouse is going to be burned down, and then we are going to hear. But, but.......

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: thebignasty on July 30, 2016, 09:36:45 am
Interesting. All I came come up with off the top of my head is Kiel Pollard.

Kj hill.  Trying to think of anyone else.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: ricepig on July 30, 2016, 09:19:02 am
I can see 1 or 2 spots if you've met you needs already, and think you have a legitimate shot, but otherwise, get the guys that know they want to be Razorback's earlier.
Agreed. Leave one or two because you can always fill them with transfers and grad kids if you miss out. But fill the rest up with needs

Fort Dweller

Quote from: thebignasty on July 30, 2016, 09:36:45 am
Interesting. All I came come up with off the top of my head is Kiel Pollard. 

Who were the OTs that went to A&M?  Diesch and Elemaneuor?
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

thebignasty

Quote from: Fort Dweller on July 30, 2016, 09:57:44 am
good call. That seems right to me.

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 30, 2016, 09:54:01 am
Kj hill.  Trying to think of anyone else.

I had managed to forget him  >:(

ricepig

Quote from: Fort Dweller on July 30, 2016, 09:57:44 am

Correct, that's 4 here, but I think committing-de-committing is more of a SEC type of deal, haha.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on July 30, 2016, 10:10:58 am
Correct, that's 4 here, but I think committing-de-committing is more of a SEC type of deal, haha.

Dwayne Fisher and Jordan Carmouche also.  I won't count kids like Corey McBride and Torrance Moseley- whom I hope don't have an axe to grind these next two years since they are at TCU

ricepig

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 30, 2016, 10:25:56 am
Dwayne Fisher and Jordan Carmouche also.  I won't count kids like Corey McBride and Torrance Moseley- whom I hope don't have an axe to grind these next two years since they are at TCU

Well, I don't really know what to make of Fisher, but if Carmouche really intends to play RB, then it was a mutual split. Maybe he was referencing that angle, haha.

Seebs

Deep Shoat's Theme song.  Hoping for less than three divorces for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKyUutdmm3E
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

TNhawgfan

Didnt putu commit only to sign with Florida on signing day?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on July 30, 2016, 09:50:16 am
Nice!

Those stargazers are hiding in the weeds, ready with the we are recruiting exactly where we always do 20 to 30, and we can't be champions till we get a top 5 class......blah, blah, blah, because Bama blah, blah, blah.

However I think they are going to be all messed up when 5 or 6 of these 3*s become 4*s.

Then when we win the west this year their playhouse is going to be burned down, and then we are going to hear. But, but.......

And if your preminitions don't come to be? 

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: TNhawgfan on July 30, 2016, 12:42:53 pm

Yes. Bielema was bitter about it and I don't blame him a bit

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 29, 2016, 09:09:22 pm

But you knew that.

Nothing wrong with stirring crap up.  This thread is just another example of stirring crap.  It makes the board entertaining. 

There's a significantly larger contingent calling out stargazers when stargazers aren't even talking.  It's like some complex.  Trying to reassure themselves that we have the most awesomeist recruits no matter what.  Nobody evaluates players like our coach does.  Special, super duper talent evaluators.  A few years ago it was Petrino, today it's BB.  Our next coach will be even better than those 2.  Guaranteed.

Don't know about talent evaluation, but BB seems to b a measurably better talent acquirer than previous administrations.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 30, 2016, 12:45:20 pm

Putu was a kick in the gut.  Cut throat recruiting. 

We'll have a clean, stable, quality program under BB I believe.  Will we win a championship, any championship?  Highly doubtful, but I'd say that about any coach at UA except Saban, Meyer or Harbaugh.  The national landscape would have to change significantly ofherwise.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hoggish1

Get on board or get left out.

When we're filled we just have extra time to evaluate 2017, 18 kids...

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 30, 2016, 01:11:32 pm
Nothing wrong with stirring crap up.  This thread is just another example of stirring crap.  It makes the board entertaining. 

There's a significantly larger contingent calling out stargazers when stargazers aren't even talking.  It's like some complex.  Trying to reassure themselves that we have the most awesomeist recruits no matter what.  Nobody evaluates players like our coach does.  Special, super duper talent evaluators.  A few years ago it was Petrino, today it's BB.  Our next coach will be even better than those 2.  Guaranteed.

Don't know about talent evaluation, but BB seems to b a measurably better talent acquirer than previous administrations.

This thread is gonna burn to the ground.  Lol. You're mostly right though

JackJohnson

Quote from: TNhawgfan on July 30, 2016, 12:42:53 pm

Forgot all about him.  So we are at 7, just here in the past 3-4 classes.  I guess no one ever accused CBB of being a mathematician

ARtillahog

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 30, 2016, 03:31:53 pm
Forgot all about him.  So we are at 7, just here in the past 3-4 classes.  I guess no one ever accused CBB of being a mathematician

There's probably a reason CBB only counts four.

ricepig

Quote from: ARtillahog on July 30, 2016, 03:38:54 pm
There's probably a reason CBB only counts four.

No doubt,why don't you ask him for a clarification, tell him you're asking for a friend......

hawginbigd1

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 30, 2016, 12:44:39 pm
Not going there, cause I am right.......or wrong......or just a homer........or somewhere in between :D

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 30, 2016, 12:44:39 pm
I'll still be a Hog fan.  And those kids are still Hogs.  So I'll be there, every Saturday, rooting them on.

How about you?
All Gas, No Brakes!

jjdlc

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 30, 2016, 12:45:20 pm

Bielema expressed a lot more emotion over that than I expected, makes me wonder what all went down with that one.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: jjdlc on July 30, 2016, 08:04:27 pm
Bielema expressed a lot more emotion over that than I expected, makes me wonder what all went down with that one.
I would like to know that too. I mean he had just committed in the last week, and then coach makes the comment about Florida recruiting like ole miss (who we all know is dirty) in his presser

ARtillahog

Quote from: ricepig on July 30, 2016, 03:55:09 pm
No doubt,why don't you ask him for a clarification, tell him you're asking for a friend......

Of course, I'll get right on that. Right after I tell him he needs to croot' dem fo stars n hire

moses_007

Well, we haven't filled up one single class since Bielema has been here.  So, maybe we have some extra openings we can use for the 5 star guys, if any want to come here.

I don't think we've landed a 5 star player since Darren McFadden. 

Paul

Quote from: wildhogman on July 30, 2016, 09:39:11 am
Seems to me with Montaric Brown that Bama is coming after CBB recruits. Why do you think CBB needs Bama's endorsement on a recruit before he offers them?
Check the offer list of some of our recruits. You might be surprised at who else offered, and I don't wanna hear about a Bama or LSU offer wasn't commitable. It was an offer. 
And just to play that uncommitble offer game.  The usual claim is the kid is 3rd or 4th on Bama's board,  But that means they actually "are on" the board.
And for the record, I don't care who it is or what their offerlist or star rating is, once they commit they are HOGS. And should be treated as such
Buck Fama!

hogcam

Quote from: moses_007 on July 30, 2016, 10:26:01 pm
Well, we haven't filled up one single class since Bielema has been here.  So, maybe we have some extra openings we can use for the 5 star guys, if any want to come here.

Mctelvin Agim??

moses_007

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogcam

Quote from: moses_007 on July 30, 2016, 10:36:55 pm
I believe Agim is a 4 star.
5 star composite on 247. Highest rated player Ever signed at Arkansas I think. But you can keep being negative

HOGINTENNESSEE

Agim was a 5 star on at least on ESPN's recruiting site and 247

Other 5 stars we have signed since Dmac would include Mustain, Darius Winston, and Alex Collins was a 5 on 2 sites. Mallet was a 5 star however he was of course a Transfer.

factchecker

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/13589833/mctelvin-agim-5-star-de-recruit-stays-state-commitment-arkansas-razorbacks

QuoteFive-star defensive end McTelvin Agim, the No. 9-ranked prospect overall in the Class of 2016, made recruiting history Saturday.

The Under Armour All-America Game defender committed to Arkansas over Baylor, Ole Miss and Texas A&M during a family reunion in Texarkana and in doing so became the most significant commitment for the Razorbacks in a decade.

The Arkansas Razorbacks added talented in-state five-star DE McTelvin Agim.

The 6-foot-3, 268-pound Agim became the first five-star ranked prospect to commit to Arkansas in the seven years ESPN has been assigning star rankings to prospects, which covers 97 prospects in those seven years.

Not only is Agim the first five-star to commit to Arkansas, but he is also the first top-10 ranked prospect overall to pick the Razorbacks in the 11 years ESPN has ranked prospects.

Those two facts alone illustrate just how big of a pickup the nation's No. 2-ranked defensive end is for Arkansas, but the verbal commitment is even more meaningful for Razorbacks head coach Bret Bielema.

Keeping the top prospects in state is always goal No. 1 for a coaching staff, and when Agim signs a letter of intent, he will become the third top-ranked prospect in The Natural State in the past four classes to sign with Arkansas. Bielema also had 2015 top-ranked in-state prospect K.J. Hill committed for many months before he opted to ink with national champion Ohio State.

Agim, who has amassed 38 sacks and nine forced fumbles the past two seasons, becomes the third ESPN 300 verbal for the Razorbacks in the 2016 class, joining defensive tackle Briston Guidry and receiver T.J. Hammonds.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

tusksincolorado

Quote from: hogcam on July 30, 2016, 10:40:38 pm
5 star composite on 247. Highest rated player Ever signed at Arkansas I think. But you can keep being negative

Ears and eyes open....mouth closed.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: moses_007 on July 30, 2016, 10:26:01 pm

Man, do you EVER have anything positive to say about anything? I mean having followed the tone of your posts over the years I swear I'm not sure you have. I can well imagine you winning a national Powerball jackpot of $100 million and you'd likely complain because it wasn't a $200 million prize. Geez.......

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 31, 2016, 10:04:45 am
Man, do you EVER have anything positive to say about anything? I mean having followed the tone of your posts over the years I swear I'm not sure you have. I can well imagine you winning a national Powerball jackpot of $100 million and you'd likely complain because it wasn't a $200 million prize. Geez.......

Well....I would probably complain about the tax rate on that large of a windfall!

But I beetch about everything....just ask my wife.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 31, 2016, 10:26:35 am
Well....I would probably complain about the tax rate on that large of a windfall!

But I beetch about everything....just ask my wife.
Well having a (after tax) pay day of somewhere around $60-65 million still wouldn't be a bad lick.

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 31, 2016, 01:18:43 pm
Well having a (after tax) pay day of somewhere around $60-65 million still wouldn't be a bad lick.

Nope, about get me out of debt!

ARtillahog

Quote from: ricepig on July 31, 2016, 01:34:28 pm
Nope, about get me out of debt!

We might need to discuss your spending habits.  ;D