So I guess its apparent that we are willing to take 2 TE's in this class

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 29, 2016, 12:31:20 pm

I don't think it was ever in question.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 29, 2016, 12:31:20 pm

Didn't even realize it was a question that we wouldn't. Assuming we can find the right HS talent

The_Boot_stops_here

Maybe it wasn't a question. I pay quite a bit of attention to recruiting but the position breakdown of how the spots will be filled is not something I pay that much attention to. However, my assumption would have been that with the 4 guys (that I can think of) that we have taken in the last 2 classes, we would only take 1. But I guess with Patton being JC, that could change things

RaisinHog

We use alot of tight ends but they ussually have the body type and speed to make.good special teams players also.

AugustaHog

You know CBB gets a little excited over a really good TE.  I'm not sure he wouldn't figure out a way to take Patton, Horry, and James.  They are so versatile and we really need 3 studs on campus at all times to optimize our offense, 2 at a minimum.  You saw how dangerous Sprink and Henry were together last year.  Imagine having a third really nasty one.  I know we just took 3 a couple years ago, but we haven't seen one of those guys step up and be the man to take over for Sprink.  I assume that how those 3 guys progress this fall will dictate our number for February.  Spots are closing up and we still have a few needs so it could get interesting.

ricepig