Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Montaric Brown Commits to the Hogs!!!!

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, July 28, 2016, 03:49:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHawg

1highhog

Thank's for staying home Mr. Brown and welcome to the Razorback Family you've watched with the rest of us since you were young.  Now you'll get to live out your dream and run through that A, something we all wish we could do, but you've been given that special gift of athleticism that's at a very high standard and now we'll all get to watch you in action against the best College teams in the Nation.  Along with you and the rest of the class of 2017, we'll wait with baited breath to see what y'all can do in the next few years in the SEC.

moses_007

Awesome news.  Recruiting is really taking off now.

AugustaHog

It's been awhile since we have had a stud Safety.  I don't doubt that this has been used against us in recruiting.  Hopefully, Montaric can be that shining example that you can become an elite NFL prospect as a DB at Arkansas.  Recruits take notice of when other studs come through a place.  LSU certainly uses that "DB U" mantra to their advantage when recruiting kids.  Just as we have used it to recruit RBs, TEs, and OL.  I'm sure we will start thumping our chest about our WRs as well if we keep it up.

onebadrubi

Quote from: jackflash on July 28, 2016, 04:43:18 pm
Is this the last RECRUIT we take from Arkansas

We will probably see a few grayshirt type walk-onb offers go out that might turn into a scholarship depending on how we end up. 

rzrbackramsfan

Not a position we've typically recruited well in. Yessssss

gchamblee

Quote from: PLHawg on July 28, 2016, 05:22:29 pm
We have 18 recruits before the end of July!   Better hop on the train or get left behind!

And people will still complain that we didnt do enough on NSD and how CBB is failing in recruiting.

MissippHog

Laughing Hog

Glad to open up the recruiting forum and see this thread title. That's awesome news!
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

TheRazorback500

Wow! Great to hear! Woopig.

:razorback:

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hawgar The Horrible

OUT-DAMN-STANDING! I would hate to see a guy from my old stomping grounds commit to Bama.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

The_Boot_stops_here

July 28, 2016, 07:45:56 pm #61 Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:06:57 pm by The_Boot_stops_here
Quote from: gchamblee on July 28, 2016, 07:26:09 pm
And people will still complain that we didnt do enough on NSD and how CBB is failing in recruiting.

Well, it remains to be seen how we do on signing day. We fell short last year but at this rate, we may not have spots to fill NSD. filling spots earlier this year. Probably eliminates that issue

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome, Mr. Montaric Brown.

" GO HOGS "

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Hawgzinbowlz

With CBB at the helm and with our current staff our recruiting process is going through a revolution.

A staff who is talented at and enjoys recruiting and has the time to develop relationships is changing our recruiting gear.

We can pick and choose to our needs.

CBB deserves the credit on our current level of recruiting.

Looking forward to the '16 season...and beyond.

" GO HOGS "

younghog

GO HOGS

whosiskid

Quote from: Hogfan991 on July 28, 2016, 03:49:23 pm
[tweet]758771126533324800[/tweet]

[tweet]758759916576223232[/tweet]

[tweet]758764481186967553[/tweet]

I had not expected to hear this today, though I remained hopeful in the long run. What a great way to wrap up the summer before football practice starts!

Looks like there is going to be very little drama this year in recruiting, unless we get some decommits. We don't really have many actually needs at this point. This was just a great pick up.

With so few slots left, I think we can be really patient from here on out. And one great thing is that the coaches will be able to concentrate more on coaching than recruiting.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

AirWarren

Hogs run wild

We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hog Fan from Camden

Sosa and Brown will bring a NC to the Hogs!  Mark my words!

onebadrubi

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 28, 2016, 07:45:56 pm
Well, it remains to be seen how we do on signing day. We fell short last year but at this rate, we may not have spots to fill NSD. filling spots earlier this year. Probably eliminates that issue

I bet we will still be swinging for 1 or 2 come signing day.  I think we will always have that and if we lose out we still have an open scholly which has benefited us every year so far under Bielema.

Where are all the Bielema haters at, they were always bashing him and his recruiting and what not. 

Putting that fence up nicely!!! 

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

kp72204

Sivad

koreaben

Not like there was really any doubt, but good it is "official"
Representing the Hogs in a VERY anti pig country.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: koreaben on July 29, 2016, 03:57:42 am
Well judging by the comments and such from SOME on HV one honestly can't say it was a total "slam dunk".

FraggleHog

Quote from: koreaben on July 29, 2016, 03:57:42 am

Really??? No doubt at all considering he had offers from 'Bama, LSU, etc... The kid could've gone anywhere he wanted. We've seen this story before, and it has gone the other way in the past.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Hog N Bama

Great news indeed!! ALL HOG! :razorback:

OutlawHawg

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 28, 2016, 08:03:18 pm
With CBB at the helm and with our current staff our recruiting process is going through a revolution.

A staff who is talented at and enjoys recruiting and has the time to develop relationships is changing our recruiting gear.

We can pick and choose to our needs.

CBB deserves the credit on our current level of recruiting.

Looking forward to the '16 season...and beyond.

" GO HOGS "

I wouldn't get carried away, we're still ranked in the bottom half of the SEC.

longpig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 28, 2016, 07:45:56 pm

Good ol' Boot stops, right on queue with the nay bob negativity.  Wish you'd get a chemical addiction or shopaholic wife or somethin.
Don't be scared, be smart.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: longpig on July 29, 2016, 09:25:41 am
Good ol' Boot stops, right on queue with the nay bob negativity.  Wish you'd get a chemical addiction or shopaholic wife or somethin.

Lol. How you interpreted that post likely says more about you than me. Adjustments in strategy seem to have been made possibly based on how last year closed.  Filling up quickly and removing some of the drama seems to be a positive thing to most on here. So, again, you must just be looking at the glass differently than most of HV

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 29, 2016, 09:59:11 am
Lol. How you interpreted that post likely says more about you than me. Adjustments in strategy seem to have been made possibly based on how last year closed.  Filling up quickly and removing some of the drama seems to be a positive thing to most on here. So, again, you must just be looking at the glass differently than most of HV

Well, someone looks at it differently.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on July 29, 2016, 10:09:32 am
Well, someone looks at it differently.

Which is perfectly ok.  Was that your point?

ricepig

Justifiable Hogicide

Always nice to beat out Alabama and LSU for a recruit.
WooPig Coach B.

RedyorNot

Gonna be a special class, the year of the Boar is approaching!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on July 29, 2016, 10:19:09 am
That was the point, Einstein.

thanks for clarification.  As well as the insult.  Or I guess it could be a compliment.  Depends on our perspective. Lol

TNhawgfan

Quote from: ricepig on July 28, 2016, 04:32:18 pm
https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/758773166969794561
Where are the chicken littles who said it's over once bama started recruiting him? Glad BB isn't as scared of recruiting against bama as hogville is
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 29, 2016, 10:31:11 am
thanks for clarification.  As well as the insult.  Or I guess it could be a compliment.  Depends on our perspective. Lol

It's like every post on here, up for interpretation!

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: OutlawHawg on July 29, 2016, 09:24:40 am
I'm enjoying the direction of our recruiting, glad Mr.Brown committed and whether you would get carried away or not is irrelevant. "GO HOGS"

colbs

Quote from: OutlawHawg on July 29, 2016, 09:24:40 am
When BB got here there was only 4 players that had offers from Bama, LSU, or both on campus.  Now there are 16 players are campus that had offers from either or both.  That number is just going to increase.  There is clearly more talent on campus then when he started. 

hei5manhog

Shutting down the recruitment is huge. Enjoy that senior season!
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on July 29, 2016, 11:05:02 am
It's like every post on here, up for interpretation!

Thanks for repeating the point I already made!  The more people hear it, the better off HV will be

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: colbs on July 29, 2016, 11:19:15 am
When BB got here there was only 4 players that had offers from Bama, LSU, or both on campus.  Now there are 16 players are campus that had offers from either or both.  That number is just going to increase.  There is clearly more talent on campus then when he started. 

You're both right.  There is more talent than when CBB came to Fayetteville.  And he's right that, despite that, we're still ranked in the bottom half of our own conference.  What will be interesting to see is just how far retention and development take us. 

KlubhouseKonnected

It would be nice if a a celebration thread for a big commit like this could stay relatively free of dudes semantically sissy fighting each other
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

bythelake

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 29, 2016, 02:22:03 pm
You're both right.  There is more talent than when CBB came to Fayetteville.  And he's right that, despite that, we're still ranked in the bottom half of our own conference.  What will be interesting to see is just how far retention and development take us. 

Boot, very good post.  Until we start winning big time it will be difficult for us to have top 5 recruiting classes.  Now we will get to observe how recruiting at our level with 5 star character young men can compete.  I for one like the approach for the hogs.  We will eventually become a force,  I hope.   But as we know it is a formidable task.

Either way I'll be at the games to cheer on the hogs and enjoy.   Certainly not be there to scrutinize and criticize every move.

WPS.

bythelake

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 29, 2016, 02:22:03 pm

Boot, very good post.  Until we start winning big time it will be difficult for us to have top 5 recruiting classes.  Now we will get to observe how recruiting at our level with 5 star character young men can compete.  I for one like the approach for the hogs.  We will eventually become a force,  I hope.   But as we know it is a formidable task.

Either way I'll be at the games to cheer on the hogs and enjoy.   Certainly not be there to scrutinize and criticize every move.

WPS.