Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chase Hayden Commits to Hogs

Started by GrizzlyRider07, July 18, 2016, 02:43:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lumphog

Quote from: supersaint on July 24, 2016, 09:07:37 pm
He has great change of direction. Reminds me of Bernie Sanders.
Thanks for the LAUGH, that's funny

TheRazorback500

Great to hear! Woopig.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

GrizzlyRider07

Quote from: ricepig on July 24, 2016, 09:15:42 pm
Nixon on August 1st, would be my guess.
Nixon just received an offer from Kentucky and has now said he will not be committing on August 1st anymore
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

alohawg

LOL
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

FBREW000

Quote from: lumphog on July 24, 2016, 10:01:07 pm
WOW.....Those JUKES are unreal (video game) and Chase KNOWS how to use his blockers, great vision & patients and he's got some speed.....THIS is gonna be a GREAT RB WELCOME to the Razorback Family Chase #GodBless & Thanks for being a HOG!!!
I suppose he is planning on being a Doctor then>  ?  Hope he has the patience to accomplish so much. :)

Vantage 8 dude

Yeah, but he always tends to go best to the left. ;) :P 8)

Augustus

Big time get for us. After watching his video, it looks like he has some of the shiftiness and vision that Collins had... but also that extra gear similar to DMAC.

I hope he sticks with his verbal commit. Him & Devwah would be a great tandem in the backfield, next few years.

What surprises me most is, how fast Coach B is filling up this 2017 class already.  I can't remember a time where we've had this many notable commits, this early?

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

PorkRinds

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on July 24, 2016, 09:14:46 pm
Hopefully Chase is in the top 1% of RB's, great pickup!
he's top 0.1% in SPARK
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome Mr. Chase Hayden.

Big time talent.

" GO HOGS "

rzrbk4life

Welcome to Running Back U Mr Hayden. WPS
Let's call those hogs!!!!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on July 24, 2016, 10:25:47 pm
Nixon just received an offer from Kentucky and has now said he will not be committing on August 1st anymore

Lol. Over an offer from UK?  So much for him being all in on the Hogs I guess

East TN HAWG

Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 24, 2016, 09:07:05 pm
This settles things with the Vols to even over the Bret Smith fiasco from around 12 years ago. Finally sweet payback.

For Smith yes, but not Fellows and Houston.  The way I see it we owe them a whole lot more. 

IronMountainHog

Quote from: East TN HAWG on July 25, 2016, 07:46:46 am
For Smith yes, but not Fellows and Houston.  The way I see it we owe them a whole lot more. 
They did take Slick Shelley off our hands though and that had to count for something in our favor lol.

younghog

HUGE get..

I'm really excited about this one..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

Razorbacker79

Yessssssssssssss!!!  He takes it to the housssssse! :razorback:
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

younghog

GO HOGS

King Kong

Quote from: 20hog11 on July 24, 2016, 08:50:02 pm
He's a 4 star on 247 but not a composite 4 star

Also a 4 star on Rivals. I would be shocked if he isn't a composite 4 star in the future

010HogFan

very excited we got him. We are really loading up on talented backs. Whaley, Hammonds, Hayden, Maleek Williams, and even Jordon Curtis if needed. Looking good.

FraggleHog

July 25, 2016, 11:45:43 am #171 Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 12:49:41 pm by FraggleHog
Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 25, 2016, 06:15:09 am

Nothing wrong with a kid taking his official visits and taking his time making the biggest decision up to that point in his life... IMO, the more visits a kid makes, the better. Just helps to galvanize his decision when he does commit.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Paul

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on July 24, 2016, 10:25:47 pm
they probably promised him a tour of the BB palace(dorm)

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: FraggleHog on July 25, 2016, 11:45:43 am
Nothing wrong with a kid taking his official visits and taking his time making the biggest decision up to that point in his life... IMO, the more visits a kid makes, the better. Just helps to galvanize his decision when he does commit.

Never said there was anything "wrong" with it. I just find it comical that the young man couldn't stop pumping Arkansas and then UK comes along......

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: King Kong on July 25, 2016, 11:03:50 am
Also a 4 star on Rivals. I would be shocked if he isn't a composite 4 star in the future
yeah, kinda weird that scout / espn 3* vs 247sports and Rivals 4* = 3*composite... weird
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

AugustaHog

This is one of those that is pretty evident that the recruiting services are the ones who are confused.  Chase's showing at the Opening was outstanding by all accounts, his offer list is really good, and his total body of work is impressive.  That's the definition of 4* or better.  Who cares though?  I mean, I'm pulling for him to get a bump so that he gets the recognition he deserves.  That extra star won't mean he's a different player though.  I'm pumped with the kid we are getting, even if he had 0 stars.  Welcome to the Hog family, Chase!  WPS!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: AugustaHog on July 25, 2016, 02:46:20 pm
This is one of those that is pretty evident that the recruiting services are the ones who are confused.  Chase's showing at the Opening was outstanding by all accounts, his offer list is really good, and his total body of work is impressive.  That's the definition of 4* or better.  Who cares though?  I mean, I'm pulling for him to get a bump so that he gets the recognition he deserves.  That extra star won't mean he's a different player though.  I'm pumped with the kid we are getting, even if he had 0 stars.  Welcome to the Hog family, Chase!  WPS!
Proof yet again that stars are a factor of correlation, not causation.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hog N Bama

Welcome Chase. Glad you are a HOG! :razorback:

FreshHog

Quote from: jry04 on July 19, 2016, 09:34:42 am
To be fair he is a 4* on rivals, but I prefer 247's rankings personally, and he is a 3* on there.

I personally put more stock into offers than rankings, and his offer list is great.

Arizona
Illinois
Louisville
Memphis
Michigan
Miss St
Mizzou
Tenn
South Carolina
Oklahoma State
Michigan State

He is a 4* on 247.

People look at their composite score and think thats what 247 rates him. The composite score is an average score of all publicly available ratings.

**Edit, missed the post about it on like page 3. Sorry for redundancy**

You can read about it here: http://247sports.com/Article/247Rating-Explanation-81574

Very excited for this guy! Gonna be a beast!

Attila the Hog

RzRbAcK18

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 25, 2016, 06:15:09 am

You just never know the reasoning. For example, I played collegiate football (sort of), it was NAIA which is somewhat less thrilling than HS ball and I only played 1 year. I still cannot understand why D1 schools were not interested in a 170lb WR with 4.7 speed playing in Oklahoma class A! Am I right? Closest I got was a phone call from A-State. Call me "Half A Star" - "Longest Yard" reference. Anyways, what I am trying to say is if I had been a bit more gifted and had offers from every school in the country and Arkansas offered, I wouldn't even think twice about committing. Maybe not the perfect analogy but I know that if that scenario played out, people would be wondering why I even looked at Arkansas over the likes of Alabama and OU.

AirWarren

Big get. We will have one of the most dominant running games in college football soon.

hawgmasta

FineAsSwine

Don't know how I came in on the tail end of this one but Woo Pig Sooey!!! Awesome pickup!

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!