Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UA Trustees Meet, Take No Action on Long, Bielema

Started by Scott Marshall, November 09, 2017, 12:47:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HF#1

Not a surprise. They aren't going to meet, decided to fire people in said meeting, then announce it to the world while we still have 3 football games to play.  Bielema may be done but it won't be announced until after Mizzou.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

GuvHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 09, 2017, 12:47:44 pm
Not a surprise. They aren't going to meet, decided to fire people in said meeting, then announce it to the world while we still have 3 football games to play.  Bielema may be done but it won't be announced until after Mizzou.

True. However, they were supposed to vote on Long's new contract today but that vote didn't happen. That being the case, one has to wonder about Long's future at the U of A.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HF#1

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 12:52:31 pm
True. However, they were supposed to vote on Long's new contract today but that vote didn't happen. That being the case, one has to wonder about Long's future at the U of A.

Unknown but I wouldn't be surprised if he is being courted by Auburn.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

KennyForAD

Long is looking for new employment.    Hoping for a win win kind of divorce from Long.

Kevin

Quote from: HF#1 on November 09, 2017, 12:53:10 pm

no way, auburn will do whatever it takes to win. look at their history.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

rzrbackramsfan

From that report, I'm going to speculate that some were unhappy and most of the time was spent with Long defending his job and explaining how he was going to improve the football program.  I'm thinking getting rid of Bret had to be part of his plan.  I mean, how couldn't it be?  JL "yea, we're going to get a new Oline coach, keep Bret, and Cole Kelley's going to lead us to new heights." 

KennyForAD

LONG WILL BE GONE BY CHRISTMAS

DoctorSusscrofa

If they didn't vote, then that means BOTH that they didn't renew it and that they didn't stamp it NO.  Hard to know what that means for certain.  Not saying he won't be gone.  Just saying that there's no guarantee as to exactly what it means yet.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Kevin

Kneph13

Hope Long's remaining stay at UA is very short, just like Bielema's. 
There is no Political Correctness in war

go hogues

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 12:53:26 pm
Long is looking for new employment.    Hoping for a win win kind of divorce from Long.
This. My guess is Auburn will announce him after the Mizzou game.

It's doubtful he wants to be here any more than we want him here.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

KennyForAD

Where are all the Jeff Long Minion Trolls today?    hmmmmmm

Kevin

Quote from: go hogues on November 09, 2017, 12:56:02 pm

no way long goes to auburn. their fans would burn the place down

KennyForAD

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2017, 12:55:31 pm
pretty emphatic about that

Well, KFAD will have to go the way of NFAD if he isn't, so GET HIM THE HELL OUTTA HERE.   Save KFAD

But seriously, yeah, bet on it.

HF#1

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2017, 12:53:51 pm
no way, auburn will do whatever it takes to win. look at their history.

Look at the turmoil they are in several of their programs. Football may be the only one that isn't a complete dumpster fire. If anything they need stability and accountability. It'll be Long or Tuberville imo.

Tusks

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 12:56:19 pm
Where are all the Jeff Long Minion Trolls today?    hmmmmmm

Dude they've been all over the place.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

phadedhawg

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2017, 12:57:10 pm

The Feds may burn down their athletic department.  Auburn may not have much of a choice in the kind of person they must hire.  A guy like Long who has a reputation for cleaning up messes may just be what the doctor ordered.

Granted I'm among the small minority who hope Long decides to remain here but I can see why he might want a change of scenery

KennyForAD

Quote from: tusked on November 09, 2017, 12:59:07 pm
Dude they've been all over the place.

I'm their favorite target, and ... total crickets.   Usually I get swarmed by them with one post.   Interesting.

GuvHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 09, 2017, 12:55:27 pm
If they didn't vote, then that means BOTH that they didn't renew it and that they didn't stamp it NO.  Hard to know what that means for certain.  Not saying he won't be gone.  Just saying that there's no guarantee as to exactly what it means yet.

His contract expires in June. Let that sink in.

Kevin

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 01:01:17 pm
I'm their favorite target, and ... total crickets.   Usually I get swarmed by them with one post.   Interesting.

they are toasting each other, thinking they have achieved victory

hog911

I'm sure auburn has plenty janitors at this point in time!

younghog

Long is here to Stay..

Crazy that Most Can't see it because of that FOG in the Air.

--
Long, who waited just outside of the meeting for some time, was not mentioned when the trustees returned to the regular meeting after noon. The board took several votes that were not related to Long.
--
per --ArDemGAZ

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

KennyForAD

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 01:01:46 pm

My all time favorite post of yours, Guv.   +1

KennyForAD

Quote from: younghog on November 09, 2017, 01:03:55 pm
Long is here to Stay..

GO HOGS

KennyForAD

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2017, 01:01:58 pm
they are toasting each other, thinking they have achieved victory

Because I told them that they had succeeded in running me off?

The NewEra

You don't have an Executive Session that's scheduled for 30 minutes go over three hours and have not had some serious discussions.  The fact they voted on nothing tells you they are willing to allow a period of time for those involved to follow through with the commitments they made to address the issues raised by the board. 

As to a time line, I expect we are right back to where many thought and that would be some type of action following the Missouri game.  The difference now is the boards position on the status quo is well known by those involved.

What isn't known by the public is what changes the board was willing to accept.

We shall see!

OnYourToes

Quote from: go hogues on November 09, 2017, 12:56:02 pm

Are you saying Long is. . . . . . .

an Auburn Lock?
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

razoredge178

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 01:01:46 pm

So do they let him fire BB and hire the next guy? Surely not if you don't plan on him being around after June '18.

They have to take one shoe off at a time, and you'd think Long would be the first shoe to slide off.

DeltaBoy

Well nothing going to change so keep your hats on and see what happens between here and Jan 1st.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GuvHog

Quote from: younghog on November 09, 2017, 01:03:55 pm
Long is here to Stay..

--
Long, who waited just outside of the meeting for some time, was not mentioned when the trustees returned to the regular meeting after noon. The board took several votes that were not related to Long.
--
per --ArDemGAZ

GO HOGS

How many times have you been told that the board doesn't have the power to terminate Long? The U of A President and Chancellor are the only ones that have the power to do that and you have no way of knowing what the BOT discussed with the Chancellor in that Executive session. the fact that the BOT did not vote on Longs new contract when they were supposed to do so speaks volumes.

KennyForAD

Busta_Nutt

mhuff

Quote from: JeffysShrimpDick on November 09, 2017, 01:08:23 pm
It's kind of like those people who say CBB is a great coach and if Arkansas fires him Auburn LSU or Tennessee will hire him and win the National Championship within 5 years.
Hard to tell if they are trolls highly delusional or just plain stupid.

Commie trolls call the FBI

ricepig

Show me on the agenda where they were suppose to vote on Long's contract, I'll hang up and listen.

GuvHog

Quote from: razoredge178 on November 09, 2017, 01:10:09 pm
So do they let him fire BB and hire the next guy? Surely not if you don't plan on him being around after June '18.

They have to take one shoe off at a time, and you'd think Long would be the first shoe to slide off.

I doubt he'll have much to say about who the new FB coach will be.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 01:15:21 pm
Show me on the agenda where they were suppose to vote on Long's contract, I'll hang up and listen.

It's been posted several times the last few weeks that the vote was supposed to take place this week.

KennyForAD

Buck v. Bell, 274 U.S. 200 (1927)

Seebs

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 01:09:11 pm

Again, you confuse those that think you are a buffoon with those that support Long.  Now get back to your whiskey barrel with the checker board on it.  I support neither Long or your ineptitude. 

Please don't rock on your bluetick's tail.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

PorkRinds

Quote from: GuvHog on November 09, 2017, 01:17:18 pm
It's been posted several times the last few weeks that the vote was supposed to take place this week.

Lots of things get posted. There's been plenty of speculation but that's not the same thing as reality.

woodrow hog call

Yeah I wondered that same thing, I think it comes from being mentioned in three different threads on hv, then after that, it becomes "common knowledge".
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

snoblind

JL has some time to look.  BB, not so much.

Time will tell.

Kevin

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 01:09:11 pm

they think their hero is staying

WizardofhOgZ

EastexHawg

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2017, 12:57:10 pm

Exactly.  No one who is winning, or even wants to win, wants Jeff Long anywhere near them.  He is the program killa.