Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014-15 season predictions

Started by #1HogFanForLife, April 14, 2014, 10:09:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 22, 2014, 04:46:28 pm
Well you're doing way better than me breaking even in Karma (as I write this) rzrbackramsfan.
  So for those who think we'll be significantly better next season. Where is the interior offense going to from (back to the basket or otherwise)? And where is the interior defense going to come from? We weren't very good at either defending in the post or defending against the dribble drive. I don't see any significant change there that's coming. 
Portis isn't a back to the basket player. I think that's something maybe we can agree on. I guess our hopes rest on Portis and Kingsly greatly improving.
I like both of these guys but don't have that much faith.
whether you have faith isn't important you've lost already. Thankfully Portis doesn't have that loser mentality. That kid will improve and his back the basket game will improve as will the Kings. Man all these the glass is empty or half empty fans are depressing.

Breems

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on April 22, 2014, 07:47:43 pm
whether you have faith isn't important you've lost already. Thankfully Portis doesn't have that loser mentality. That kid will improve and his back the basket game will improve as will the Kings. Man all these the glass is empty or half empty fans are depressing.

He's just a troll that likes Breems, FCJ, and orgasms. Not sure on the order.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hawg Red

When did this place turn into Love Line?

#orgasms

SexyBeast77

Quote from: Breems on April 22, 2014, 08:54:40 pm
He's just a troll that likes Breems, FCJ, and orgasms. Not sure on the order.

Breems and FCJ get so excited when Mike Anderson is on TV that they have to set up the room like Dexter's Kill room so that they don't stain the furniture.

Hawg Red

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 23, 2014, 09:35:56 am
Breems and FCJ get so excited when Mike Anderson is on TV that they have to set up the room like Dexter's Kill room so that they don't stain the furniture.

Guy, you're killing me.

I like Breems and think you're a little off about his love for Anderson, but this stuff has me rolling.

+1

Breems

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 23, 2014, 09:35:56 am

SexyBeast77 thinks up another orgasm joke(?) while thinking of Breems and FCJ.

He's really coming into his own hand.

Hawg Red

majp51

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 21, 2014, 12:01:44 pm
Pathetic. When people lose arguments they selectively quote.
  Many many times I have posted on here that Mikes' team have awful rebounding, no interior offense, no interior defense, jack too many threes. Almost every aspect of this team was subpar (except maybe freethrow shooting)

Yet here's what happens when you speak ill of the dear Leader Kim Jong Anderson on Hogville. His cult of critics try to bully and shame them into submission by repeating the word "Agenda" as if that negates any point and ends the debate.  Discredit the critic rather than disprove the point with facts. That's the way of the Cult of Mike Anderson lead by Marshall Breems Applewhite and David Forrest City Joe Koresh.   10-8  last season to 10-8 and if anyone points out any weaknesses you cry agenda. Way to go Mediocre Mike 2nd round disaster in the NIT. What a coach!

Just as an aside. The minute you start making snide name calling, you end up losing the argument. Even with legitimate concerns calling FCJ and Breems names doesn't help your cause, anymore than when FCJ has called out the "haters" and slandered them in his urge to pump the "supporters" up.

And to anyone who is critical of the teas chances next year I say.
Let the optimists enjoy this time. I may think that CMA cannot get over the hump, but that doesn't mean I don't want him to. I hope these predictions turn out to be correct. Honestly, even "haters" if they are trye fans should be at worst "wait and see" and at best "guardedly optimistic" about every next season, at least until the entire schedule comes out.

Once the full schedule comes out I can understand criticism and complaints if it's the tradition "John Thompson Plan" that the UofA and CMA have adopted these past several y  is out thereears.

Till then, on behalf of those who might even sympathize with you :

"be quiet".

SexyBeast77

If Breems insults our intelligence by repeatedly claiming Mike Anderson makes almost no mistakes while smugly attempting to mock and stiffle criticism, then I feel justified in pushing back in pointing out that Breems is Mike Anderson's Monica Lewinsky.
  I understand your point about allowing optimism until the season starts (except for Football because our schedule is brutal and you need too many pieces for Football)

Swinesong1

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 24, 2014, 03:22:37 pm
If Breems insults our intelligence by repeatedly claiming Mike Anderson makes almost no mistakes while smugly attempting to mock and stiffle criticism, then I feel justified in pushing back in pointing out that Breems is Mike Anderson's Monica Lewinsky.
  I understand your point about allowing optimism until the season starts (except for Football because our schedule is brutal and you need too many pieces for Football)
Why do you all always make an exception for football?  Is the coach not paid approx. a million more than Anderson to put a good to great product on the field?  Why is that money well spent but Anderson is somehow not earning his?  The football team was historically bad and it was not because of a supposed brutal schedule!

SexyBeast77

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 24, 2014, 03:29:27 pm
Why do you all always make an exception for football?  Is the coach not paid approx. a million more than Anderson to put a good to great product on the field?  Why is that money well spent but Anderson is somehow not earning his?  The football team was historically bad and it was not because of a supposed brutal schedule!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "an exception."  I'm not sure what to think of Bielema yet. We seemed to have momentum with Petrino till that all blew up. Now it seems we're rebuilding. The two things about football is 1) it takes a lot more pieces in football to be competitive/good and 2) we have I believe what is ranked the hardest schedule in the country. That leads me to not expect a great season in football this year.
  Now, what you may be getting at, I do think Mike Anderson gets a lot more leeway than Bielema. Yes absolutely. And Bielema is going into his 2nd season, Anderson has finished 3. So that 's another significant difference.

Breems

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 24, 2014, 03:22:37 pm

I don't insult the intelligence of those who have concerns about the coach.

I insult the intelligence of someone who thinks he's funny by making jokes 5th graders wouldn't giggle at.

Swinesong1

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 24, 2014, 03:36:47 pm
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "an exception."  I'm not sure what to think of Bielema yet. We seemed to have momentum with Petrino till that all blew up. Now it seems we're rebuilding. The two things about football is 1) it takes a lot more pieces in football to be competitive/good and 2) we have I believe what is ranked the hardest schedule in the country. That leads me to not expect a great season in football this year.
  Now, what you may be getting at, I do think Mike Anderson gets a lot more leeway than Bielema. Yes absolutely. And Bielema is going into his 2nd season, Anderson has finished 3. So that 's another significant difference.
So the Hogs only lost to highly ranked teams last year?  The football staff earned (more like collected) a combined 6 mil+ last season.  How can you excuse the results from such a highly paid staff?  Now, you're already making excuses for another terrible year.  Was Anderson historically bad his first year?  Coach B was! 

SexyBeast77

Quote from: Breems on April 24, 2014, 03:41:50 pm
I don't insult the intelligence of those who have concerns about the coach.

I insult the intelligence of someone who thinks he's funny by making jokes 5th graders wouldn't giggle at.

Breems you got knocked out a long time ago son. The fact is you have repeatedly hailed Mike Anderson as the black Jesus. As it turns out, he's barely the black Stan Heath.  You praise to high heavens a coach that in his third year, essentially got blown out in the 2nd round of the NIT. You should really set your sights a little higher. You hitched your wagon to a very limited and mediocre coach.
You still can't answer why Arkansas has no inside defense, no inside offense, terrible rebounding, hardly any half court game,  etc etc. All things that would fall on the coach.
  The fact is the ones on Jump Ball with an Agenda are the ones that defend the coach no matter what rather than give critical analysis.

SexyBeast77

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 24, 2014, 04:02:06 pm
So the Hogs only lost to highly ranked teams last year?  The football staff earned (more like collected) a combined 6 mil+ last season.  How can you excuse the results from such a highly paid staff?  Now, you're already making excuses for another terrible year.  Was Anderson historically bad his first year?  Coach B was!

Good lord, it was his first year and he didn't really inherit much now did he.
  Is this board so divided that we can't allow a coach more than a year and acknowledge he needs to get some new players and coach them? I don't really think that's that controversial. (Editors Note: Mike Anderson has had 3 years and we're really not that much better).
I understand this, there's a difference in growing pains from a first year coach and an abject disaster ala John L. Smith.  I'm just not ready to write Bielema off yet.

Swinesong1

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 25, 2014, 08:14:18 am
Good lord, it was his first year and he didn't really inherit much now did he.
  Is this board so divided that we can't allow a coach more than a year and acknowledge he needs to get some new players and coach them? I don't really think that's that controversial. (Editors Note: Mike Anderson has had 3 years and we're really not that much better).
I understand this, there's a difference in growing pains from a first year coach and an abject disaster ala John L. Smith.  I'm just not ready to write Bielema off yet.
[/quoteyou lost all credibility with your "not that much better" statement!  Zero conference wins?  Multiple " in the history of the program" records set (in a bad way".  But Anderson isn't doing that much better?  Wow!!!!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 25, 2014, 08:08:55 am
Breems you got knocked out a long time ago son. The fact is you have repeatedly hailed Mike Anderson as the black Jesus. As it turns out, he's barely the black Stan Heath.  You praise to high heavens a coach that in his third year, essentially got blown out in the 2nd round of the NIT. You should really set your sights a little higher. You hitched your wagon to a very limited and mediocre coach.
You still can't answer why Arkansas has no inside defense, no inside offense, terrible rebounding, hardly any half court game,  etc etc. All things that would fall on the coach.
  The fact is the ones on Jump Ball with an Agenda are the ones that defend the coach no matter what rather than give critical analysis.

I'm tired of you saying we have no interior defenses.  We were near the top in the sec for blocked shots.

Kevin

wonder if there is a stat out there, of points in the paint given up?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Breems

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 25, 2014, 08:08:55 am

Given all of Mike's issues you keep reiterating, he must be a miracle worker to keep the program trending upwards. Thanks for justifying my undying love of the man for me.

I'll keep helping you for a bit, but you should really go back to your middle-school jokes or something. Logic and coherent thoughts aren't really your thing.

choppedporkextrasauce

Breem you keep shining the light.
You're the only bright spot in a thread dominated by sheer ignorance and stupidity.

SexyBeast77

Quote from: Breems on April 25, 2014, 10:25:14 am
Given all of Mike's issues you keep reiterating, he must be a miracle worker to keep the program trending upwards. Thanks for justifying my undying love of the man for me.

I'll keep helping you for a bit, but you should really go back to your middle-school jokes or something. Logic and coherent thoughts aren't really your thing.

Breems, you can't answer the simple question, if Mike Anderson is so great why did Arkansas lose by double digits in the 2nd round of the NIT in his third year?
  You like to posture like you owned me but you can't answer a simple question. All you can respond is you make bad jokes and you're a middle schooler.
Face it, you hitched your wagon to a losing proposition.  All you are is Rick Schaeffer with weaker smack talk and probably a worse hair cut.

HF#1

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 25, 2014, 11:05:55 am
Breems, you can't answer the simple question, if Mike Anderson is so great why did Arkansas lose by double digits in the 2nd round of the NIT in his third year?
  You like to posture like you owned me but you can't answer a simple question. All you can respond is you make bad jokes and you're a middle schooler.
Face it, you hitched your wagon to a losing proposition.  All you are is Rick Schaeffer with weaker smack talk and probably a worse hair cut.

If he's so bad then how did we improve by 4 wins over last year?  How did we beat Kentucky twice and win at Mississippi State?   If he's so bad, why did we make any post season tournament at all? 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Swinesong1

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 25, 2014, 11:05:55 am
and no good coach loses by double digits do they?  Remind me again the final score of UConn's loss to Louisvillle right before the NCAA tourney?

SexyBeast77

Quote from: HogFan#1 on April 25, 2014, 12:12:12 pm
If he's so bad then how did we improve by 4 wins over last year?  How did we beat Kentucky twice and win at Mississippi State?   If he's so bad, why did we make any post season tournament at all?

Our non conference schedule was softer.  Last year in non-conference we played in a row Arizona St., Wisconsin, Syracuse, Oklahoma, Michigan. This year we had the same conference record substituting 2 home loses for 2 road wins and 2 more non-conference wins with a softer schedule. 
Kentucky wasn't as good as they were at the end of the season when we played them. Also, at the time they were a good matchup for us because they didn't have anybody shooting from outside. It was just dunk city against our weak defense.
  Mississippi St.? beating the worse team in the conference on the road is an achievement. Only for Breems.

SexyBeast77

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 25, 2014, 12:30:57 pm
and no good coach loses by double digits do they?  Remind me again the final score of UConn's loss to Louisvillle right before the NCAA tourney?

Ha ha ha. The national champion is the same as Mediocre Mike's NIT team. Ok then. This is like batting practice. Does anybody have a good argument? Um that would be no, because Anderson's team is Average (at best). The facts show it, your eyes show it. It's fact.

HF#1

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 25, 2014, 12:41:16 pm
Our non conference schedule was softer.  Last year in non-conference we played in a row Arizona St., Wisconsin, Syracuse, Oklahoma, Michigan. This year we had the same conference record substituting 2 home loses for 2 road wins and 2 more non-conference wins with a softer schedule. 
Kentucky wasn't as good as they were at the end of the season when we played them. Also, at the time they were a good matchup for us because they didn't have anybody shooting from outside. It was just dunk city against our weak defense.
  Mississippi St.? beating the worse team in the conference on the road is an achievement. Only for Breems.

When you haven't won in their gym in over 20 years, yeah I'd say it's an achievement.  Mike's mentor had problems winning there and he won a title.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

BTW, your logic is weak and you are just looking for a reason to troll.  Same ole sorry ass argument every time.

kibster

Quote from: HogFan#1 on April 25, 2014, 01:02:02 pm
BTW, your logic is weak and you are just looking for a reason to troll.  Same ole sorry ass argument every time.

What is an "ass argument?"  Shouldn't that be reserved for DST?
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

The_Iceman

Quote from: kibster on April 25, 2014, 01:09:04 pm
What is an "ass argument?"  Shouldn't that be reserved for DST?

An "ass argument".....

kibster

Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

razorsharp94

I have a feeling that this team could POSSIBLY be like Mike's 2009 Missouri team. 

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Tooth on April 20, 2014, 09:56:15 pm
I predict knee-jerk reactions.

I believe this team will be a 4-6 seed in the NCAA tournament but fans will still have knee-jerk reactions. Indeed Tooth, your brilliance in Jump Ball is tops on this forum +1

root_hawg

Tourney or bust; if not time to re-evaluate

Letsroll1200

Mike Anderson is a great coach and has improved the quality of this team every year. Players are better and are graduating from the U of A. This team will perform next season and Mike Anderson will be rewarded with a contract extension. I can't wait to basketball season starts!

root_hawg

Danny J

Sweet 16.....

First maybe second in the SEC

mhuff

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 14, 2014, 04:10:22 pm
Mike Anderson is a great coach and has improved the quality of this team every year. Players are better and are graduating from the U of A. This team will perform next season and Mike Anderson will be rewarded with a contract extension. I can't wait to basketball season starts!

I hope that is the case. It would look good for 2016 recruits.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 14, 2014, 04:10:22 pm
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

GuvHog

Your post makes no sense. Arkansas played Kentucky near the end of the season at Rupp Arena and beat the Wildcats worse than they did in BWA.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MikePiazza

Revised predictions

11/16 Alabama St. W
11/19 Wake Forest W
11/21 Delaware St. W   
11/25 @ SMU L
11/28 North Texas W
11/30 Iona W
12/4 @ Iowa St.    L
12/7   @ Clemson W
12/13 Dayton W
12/20 Southeast Missouri St. W
12/22 Wisconsin-Milwaukee W
12/28 Northwestern St. W
1/3 Utah Valley W
1/6 @ Georgia* W
1/10 Vanderbilt* W   
1/13   @ Tennessee* W
1/17   Ole Miss* W
1/22  Alabama* W
1/24   @ Missouri* W
1/27  Tennessee* W
1/31 @ Florida* L
2/3  South Carolina* W
2/7  Mississippi St.* W
2/10   @ Auburn* W
2/14   @ Ole Miss* L
2/18 Missouri*   W
2/21 @ Mississippi St.* W
2/24 Texas A&M* W
2/28 @ Kentucky* L
3/5 @ South Carolina* L
3/7 LSU* W

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 20, 2014, 09:37:21 pm
Wow that is crazy favorable. Kentucky, Florida, and LSU will all be pretty good, so we get an okay-to-lose game on the road against them.

Tennessee (1-1). Should split. They are hard to beat at their place
Missouri (2-0 or 1-1). May can get the sweep. They are losing everybody
Carolina (2-0). Their god-awful draw a million fouls offense may cause us some problems
Ole Miss (2-0 or 1-1). Lose Henderson, but are still fiesty in Oxford
Miss State (2-0). Bad

Texas A&M (1-0). We'd lose in College Station, but win in Fayetteville
Georgia (1-0). Same deal. Lose in Athens, but we'll win in Fayetteville
Alabama (1-0). They're losing a lot
Vanderbilt (1-0). Also not very good

Auburn (1-0). Pearl's got some rebuilding ahead.
LSU (0-1). Won't win in Baton Rouge
Florida (0-1). Clearly.
Kentucky (0-1). Could lightning strike twice?

Best: 14-4, Worst: 12-6

I like this schedule. Wins at Tennessee and LSU to go 16-2 wouldn't even be that far-fetched...

uhhh... I think we play TAMU at JerryWorld here on out.... we're currently 3-0 in JerryWorld against TAMU....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

GuvHog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 16, 2014, 01:56:22 pm
uhhh... I think we play TAMU at JerryWorld here on out.... we're currently 3-0 in JerryWorld against TAMU....

That's football. Basketball is still in Fayetteville and @ College Station.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: GuvHog on September 16, 2014, 02:22:11 pm
That's football. Basketball is still in Fayetteville and @ College Station.

Thanks for clarification.... I fugged up....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)