Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014-15 season predictions

Started by #1HogFanForLife, April 14, 2014, 10:09:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#1HogFanForLife

This team has tuns of talent how far do you think we will go?  :-* ???

The_Iceman

Gotta wait and see the schedule.

Hawg Red

Need to know schedule and who is staying (both for the Hogs and rest of SEC).

popcornhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 14, 2014, 10:10:36 am

Yeah -- there are still OOC games pending, right?

I think we've already got games @ OU, @ Clemson, and @ SMU, right? The road tests early on will be good.

If we can go 2-1 in those games we'll be set up nicely.

We absolutely should be able to finish in the top 3 given what the Vols, LSU, and Mizzou are losing.

Of course this depends on a lot of unknown factors.
WPS

#1HogFanForLife

Say our schedule was

-top 100 team (home)
-at Clemson
-at SMU
-Big 12 team (home)
-@ top 25 team
-preseason tournament (neutral site)
- and a few more top 30/40 teams.

Hawg Red

I haven't heard of a game at OU, though we will be playing a Big 12 team as part of the SEC/Big 12 Challenge. I have heard that it's likely to be a road game, so maybe that's it.

popcornhog

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2014, 10:16:47 am
I haven't heard of a game at OU, though we will be playing a Big 12 team as part of the SEC/Big 12 Challenge. I have heard that it's likely to be a road game, so maybe that's it.

I have not seen that officially. Just rumored, but I have heard it consistently as opposed to any other BXII team.

Probably just a guess.
WPS

nextlevel

Quote from: popcornhog on April 14, 2014, 11:09:13 am
I have not seen that officially. Just rumored, but I have heard it consistently as opposed to any other BXII team.

Probably just a guess.

The rumor was @Kansas last year, the reason why the OU game was taken off the schedule was to allow OU/Bama in the challenge.

Another issue is Mizzou and aTm are rumored to not be "allowed" to play the remaining original big12 members, WVU and TCU are fair game for them.

Anywho, the schedule will determine what realistic goals and expectations can be set for the team overall or in SEC play.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

choppedporkextrasauce

ditto, without a schedule it's a pointless endeavor.

tomw

we had talent this year but they didnt  play like it..have to see the product on the floor and see how they play before predicting  a season record..if they play like the calif and bama it could be a long season

MikePiazza

If they play a 31-game regular season schedule like they have the past couple of years, then I'll say 23-8 heading into SECT.

My prediction could change, but that's what I'll go with right now.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

SexyBeast77

With a mix of returning players and new players, we'll be marginally better.
We'll limp into the NCAA as a 10-12 seed and lose in the first round while shooting 16% from behind the 3 point line.
  Breems and FCJ will orgasm and tell us we can't make a change because by year 8, Mike will have us in the Sweet 16.

Hawg Red

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 17, 2014, 11:42:19 am
We'll limp into the NCAA as a 10-12 seed and lose in the first round while shooting 16% from behind the 3 point line.
  Breems and FCJ will orgasm and tell us we can't make a change because by year 8, Mike will have us in the Sweet 16.

This made me laugh.

Breems

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 17, 2014, 11:44:39 am
This made me laugh.

Me too. He's thrown some pretty harsh stuff my way lately. It's a wonder I haven't deleted my account.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Breems

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 30, 2014, 02:14:30 pm
Must suck to have sold all your credibility for a false prophet Breems.
Breems, the Worse evaluator of coaching talent ever.

The harshest and most clever of insults.

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 30, 2014, 02:08:22 pm
Some of us that saw the Alabama/South Carolina/Cal games don't really believe the Breems/FCJ hype machine that we are "close."

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 16, 2014, 03:48:15 pm
Breems and FCJ are throwing a parade for Mediocre Mike's NIT glory!

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 08, 2014, 05:52:12 pm
We beat a bad Kentucky team that's not as bad as last year's on the way to the NIT with the same record as last year. Dreams can come true! Breems' superman turned out to be Breems' Clark Kent

LoL.

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 08, 2014, 05:25:06 pm
Congratulations Breems! We beat a 7-11 Vanderbilt, a 3-15 Miss St. And the worst Kentucky team in yrs.
I'm engraving Breems on my moral National Championship Ring too!

LoL.

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 08, 2014, 05:03:23 pm
I want FCJ engraved in my Moral National Championship ring!
Same conference record and a couple more non-conference wins playing a much softer schedule than last year. Congratulations Breems, FCJ, TheBionicPig Etc!

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 08, 2014, 06:09:32 pm
the Revolution you were Orgasming about after the win Wed.

Breems and FCJ will orgasm

I think I've identified at least 3 of his favorite things. The imagination can be a terrible, terrible thing.

-Blu

LOL.  Breems looks like you got yourself a fan.

Fayettechill14

Expecting around 12-6 in conference. Maybe 13-5 if the road schedule comes out right.

If we have the exact same schedule as this year:

@Texas A&M      L
Florida              W
Kentucky           W
@Georgia          L
@Tennessee       L
Auburn              W
Missouri             W
@LSU                W
Alabama            W
@Vanderbilt        W
@Missouri          toss-up
LSU                   W
S Carolina          W
@Miss State        W
@Kentucky          L
Georgia              W
Ole Miss             W
@Alabama          W

There you go. That's actually 13-5 or 14-4.

SexyBeast77

Breems you know you shill the party line worse than anyone else on here.
Your only rival is FJC. No criticism of Mediocre Mike allowed.
And no Kentucky was not a good team when we beat them. They weren't really a good team period, just a team with lots of raw young talent.
  I still would take about any coach in the SEC over Mike Anderson.
I bet you can't wait till November when we can start jacking threes and not rebounding, leading to more inconsistency.
  You're so smug about your hero Mike that has done nothing here and just lost in the 2nd round of the NIT. You should set your standards a little higher about what to be proud of.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 18, 2014, 08:50:24 am
And no Kentucky was not a good team when we beat them. They weren't really a good team period, just a team with lots of raw young talent.
I bet you can't wait till November when we can start jacking threes and not rebounding, leading to more inconsistency.
  You're so smug about your hero Mike that has done nothing here and just lost in the 2nd round of the NIT. You should set your standards a little higher about what to be proud of.

Try again. That's not very convincing.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 18, 2014, 08:50:24 am

Also something about orgasms.

Breems

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on April 18, 2014, 03:57:38 pm
Also something about orgasms.

His vocabulary:

Mediocre Mike
Magic Mike
Mike Cult
Breems
FCJ
Orgasm

Literally. That's it.

-Blu

Hog1751

Next years conf. Schedule hogs get ut misery usc om and mst twice. Get atm uga ala and  van at home @ aub lsu uk uf looks favorable to me

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hog1751 on April 20, 2014, 08:43:10 pm
Next years conf. Schedule hogs get ut misery usc om and mst twice. Get atm uga ala and  van at home @ aub lsu uk uf looks favorable to me

Were gonna win the freakin sec. No joke.

Hog1751

nextlevel

Play all the bad teams twice, @ all the good teams and Auburn, UGA only good team at home only, the OOC schedule is going to be critical for post season play without 25+ wins...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Fayettechill14

Wow that is crazy favorable. Kentucky, Florida, and LSU will all be pretty good, so we get an okay-to-lose game on the road against them.

Tennessee (1-1). Should split. They are hard to beat at their place
Missouri (2-0 or 1-1). May can get the sweep. They are losing everybody
Carolina (2-0). Their god-awful draw a million fouls offense may cause us some problems
Ole Miss (2-0 or 1-1). Lose Henderson, but are still fiesty in Oxford
Miss State (2-0). Bad

Texas A&M (1-0). We'd lose in College Station, but win in Fayetteville
Georgia (1-0). Same deal. Lose in Athens, but we'll win in Fayetteville
Alabama (1-0). They're losing a lot
Vanderbilt (1-0). Also not very good

Auburn (1-0). Pearl's got some rebuilding ahead.
LSU (0-1). Won't win in Baton Rouge
Florida (0-1). Clearly.
Kentucky (0-1). Could lightning strike twice?

Best: 14-4, Worst: 12-6

I like this schedule. Wins at Tennessee and LSU to go 16-2 wouldn't even be that far-fetched...

Tooth

I predict knee-jerk reactions.

Hogarusa

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on April 20, 2014, 09:37:21 pm

Best: 14-4, Worst: 12-6

I like this schedule. Wins at Tennessee and LSU to go 16-2 wouldn't even be that far-fetched...

Ha, gotta love the offseason in April!  16-2 isn't far-fetched.  Awesome
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: lowberh on April 20, 2014, 09:58:28 pm

It's really not. We are going to have a core of beard, madden, qualls, harris/Kingsley, Portis that will be TOUGH.  Not to mention what we could possibly get out of bell.  So so so ready.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: lowberh on April 20, 2014, 09:58:28 pm

How would it not be?

Team: Record, Starters Returning, # of Top 3 Scorers Returning
Florida: 18-0, 2/5, 1/3 . Will reload
Kentucky: 12-6, 1/5, 0/3 . Will reload
Georgia: 12-6, 4/5, 3/3 . We get them at home
Tennessee: 11-7, 2/5, 1/3 . New coach
Arkansas: 10-8, 4/5, 3/3
Ole Miss: 9-9, 4/5, 2/3 . Lost Henderson, but tough to beat in Oxford
Missouri: 9-9, 2/5, 0/3 . New coach
LSU: 9-9, 3/5, 1/3 . Lost O'Bryant, will be toss-up in Baton Rouge
Texas A&M: 8-10, 5/5, 3/3 . We get them at home
Vanderbilt: 7-11, 3/5, 1/3 . We get them at home
Alabama: 7-11, 4/5, 2/3 . We get them at home, and they lost Releford

Only other two teams that return top 3 scorers we play at home (Texas A&M, Georgia).

Obviously, I have a hard time believing we can beat LSU, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Missouri on the road, but it's not impossible...

Hogarusa

Road games.  Calling for a 7-2 or 8-1 road record would be a complete role reversal of everything we know the Hogs to be under Coach Anderson and the rest of this century.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

-Blu

Quote from: lowberh on April 21, 2014, 07:49:29 am
Road games.  Calling for a 7-2 or 8-1 road record would be a complete role reversal of everything we know the Hogs to be under Coach Anderson and the rest of this century.

Well, we won 4x as many games road games this year than we did the previous year, if you include the neutral site win vs Minn.

Next year I expect us to improve on that, not predicting anything crazy like going undefeated or on 1 loss on the road.  But, winning 6+ games out of the state of Arkansas this upcoming year shouldn't surprise people with the team we are returning.  I'd actually be more surprised if we didn't improve on the road this upcoming year.

Hawg Red

I'd take an even road record and be EXTREMELY happy with that.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2014, 09:53:25 am
I'd take an even road record and be EXTREMELY happy with that.

We play 9 SEC road games, so going even would be tough.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: lowberh on April 21, 2014, 07:49:29 am

True, but look who our road games are against. A lot of teams in the conference are going to be worse next year.

SexyBeast77

Quote from: Breems on April 18, 2014, 09:09:11 pm
His vocabulary:

Mediocre Mike
Magic Mike
Mike Cult
Breems
FCJ
Orgasm

Literally. That's it.

Pathetic. When people lose arguments they selectively quote.
  Many many times I have posted on here that Mikes' team have awful rebounding, no interior offense, no interior defense, jack too many threes. Almost every aspect of this team was subpar (except maybe freethrow shooting)

Yet here's what happens when you speak ill of the dear Leader Kim Jong Anderson on Hogville. His cult of critics try to bully and shame them into submission by repeating the word "Agenda" as if that negates any point and ends the debate.  Discredit the critic rather than disprove the point with facts. That's the way of the Cult of Mike Anderson lead by Marshall Breems Applewhite and David Forrest City Joe Koresh.   10-8  last season to 10-8 and if anyone points out any weaknesses you cry agenda. Way to go Mediocre Mike 2nd round disaster in the NIT. What a coach!

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 21, 2014, 11:08:15 am
We play 9 SEC road games, so going even would be tough.

We play more than just SEC road games.

gmarv

i think 14-4 is very doable,hoping for the best.

MikePiazza

This upcoming year is Mike's most important yet.

He knows he needs to make the NCAA Tournament. He knows that the fans are growing restless and are hungry for that.

He has a roster entirely made up of his players and I think you'll start to see some headway made with regards to guard play and a lot of the things that have drove fans crazy the last three years (puzzling road losses, stagnation on offense, substitution patterns) should start to cease a bit.

I think that this coming year will be the proverbial "breakthrough" Hog fans have been waiting for.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Breems

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 21, 2014, 12:01:44 pm
Pathetic. When people lose arguments they selectively quote.
  Many many times I have posted on here that Mikes' team have awful rebounding, no interior offense, no interior defense, jack too many threes. Almost every aspect of this team was subpar (except maybe freethrow shooting)

Yet here's what happens when you speak ill of the dear Leader Kim Jong Anderson on Hogville. His cult of critics try to bully and shame them into submission by repeating the word "Agenda" as if that negates any point and ends the debate.  Discredit the critic rather than disprove the point with facts. That's the way of the Cult of Mike Anderson lead by Marshall Breems Applewhite and David Forrest City Joe Koresh.   10-8  last season to 10-8 and if anyone points out any weaknesses you cry agenda. Way to go Mediocre Mike 2nd round disaster in the NIT. What a coach!

What I find funniest about dragging you around is that you ramble on like the anti-Mike 100% replica of FCJ, your other arch-rival.

All hail Colonel Sexybeast77 Mustard, king of selective hearing and incoherent rambling. Am I doing it right?

Fayettechill14

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 21, 2014, 12:05:13 pm
2012–2013   Arkansas   19–13   10–8   7th   
2013–2014   Arkansas   22–12   10–8   5th   NIT Second Round

Facts suck when you're in the Cult of Mediocre Mike. Same conference record and couple more soft non-conference wins. Whopee!

After losing top 2 scorers from the year before. Now we'll return our top 3 scorers. I get the sense your cognitive reasoning skills are lacking.

AWHAWG

are you ready for a new coach now?

HF#1

25+ wins or bust.  Schedule doesn't matter.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

SexyBeast77

Quote from: Breems on April 21, 2014, 01:00:34 pm
What I find funniest about dragging you around is that you ramble on like the anti-Mike 100% replica of FCJ, your other arch-rival.

All hail Colonel Sexybeast77 Mustard, king of selective hearing and incoherent rambling. Am I doing it right?
#1 You're not "dragging me around." Because I don't accept your Mike's Minister of Misinformation Propaganda doesn't mean you're "dragging me around."  It means I'm not accepting the party line. I actually think a highly paid Coach that has not impressed deserves criticism.
Here's the thing:
  On Football, if someone said Arkansas' secondary last year was terrible. Supporters and Critics of Bielema would go, yeah they were terrible. We've got to get better there.
If anyone points out Arkansas's interior defense in Basketball is not good ( or insert any criticism here) it's "You have an Agenda." or "Hater." "Go kick rocks." etc etc.
  The demented sheep that are the Mike Anderson supporters will circle around their hero and not allow any criticism whatsoever.  Mike's not that great of a coach. And I don't expect his system highly reliant on threes and jump shooting will work better with a few different players.  Same system, similar inconsistent results for 2014/2015 forthcoming.

Kevin

22-23 wins, either the nit or ncaa
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 22, 2014, 11:11:19 am
   #1 You're not "dragging me around." Because I don't accept your Mike's Minister of Misinformation Propaganda doesn't mean you're "dragging me around."  It means I'm not accepting the party line. I actually think a highly paid Coach that has not impressed deserves criticism.
Here's the thing:
  On Football, if someone said Arkansas' secondary last year was terrible. Supporters and Critics of Bielema would go, yeah they were terrible. We've got to get better there.
If anyone points out Arkansas's interior defense in Basketball is not good ( or insert any criticism here) it's "You have an Agenda." or "Hater." "Go kick rocks." etc etc.
  The demented sheep that are the Mike Anderson supporters will circle around their hero and not allow any criticism whatsoever.  Mike's not that great of a coach. And I don't expect his system highly reliant on threes and jump shooting will work better with a few different players.  Same system, similar inconsistent results for 2014/2015 forthcoming.

No way, you'll get way snore smites in mmqb for criticizing the football team than you will for criticizing the bball team here. I know from experience and being muted for a week there due to small criticism on ba's leadership.

SexyBeast77

Well you're doing way better than me breaking even in Karma (as I write this) rzrbackramsfan.
  So for those who think we'll be significantly better next season. Where is the interior offense going to from (back to the basket or otherwise)? And where is the interior defense going to come from? We weren't very good at either defending in the post or defending against the dribble drive. I don't see any significant change there that's coming. 
Portis isn't a back to the basket player. I think that's something maybe we can agree on. I guess our hopes rest on Portis and Kingsly greatly improving.
I like both of those guys but don't have that much faith.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on April 22, 2014, 04:46:28 pm
Well you're doing way better than me breaking even in Karma (as I write this) rzrbackramsfan.
  So for those who think we'll be significantly better next season. Where is the interior offense going to from (back to the basket or otherwise)? And where is the interior defense going to come from? We weren't very good at either defending in the post or defending against the dribble drive. I don't see any significant change there that's coming. 
Portis isn't a back to the basket player. I think that's something maybe we can agree on. I guess our hopes rest on Portis and Kingsly greatly improving.
I like both of those guys but don't have that much faith.
It'll come from Portis Kingsley Thompson Harris miles and maybe jacorrey.  I
Feel good about that interior play when were also going to have some very good 1-3's buzzing around.