Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great New Restaurant in OKC

Started by Oklahawg, February 17, 2010, 09:13:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

Well, new to me.

Big Truck Tacos. 23rd just east of Walker, west of the capital complex.

Tiny place (a line of 30, or so, at lunch, with 40-ish folks crowded around tables designed to seat 20). Had a dozen, or so, outside in the 30-ish degree temps eating in a covered picnic area.

Ate there last Friday at lunch. Damn near decided to not return to work and just eat. Breakfast Saturday and Lunch Saturday before leaving town.

There IS something redeeming about OKC.

I swaer, they must put crack in their tacos. Stunningly good food.

5 different house salsas, from mild and sublime to hot-hot-hot.

Had migas for breakfast with the mango-habanero salsa. Thumbs-Up.

Had the chili verde (pork) for lunch one day. Outstanding. Used both the smoked chipotle and the roasted poblano salsa.

Had the pollo carbon for lunch the other day. Same salsas as above. I didn't try the hot-hot-hot and one other.

The white bean-garlic-pesto dip was other-worldly. Chips were spectacular.

To-go cups for in-house service that features the logo and a discount the next time you use it.

http://www.bigtrucktacos.com/

Like so many great restaurants, understated and tiny. Food hounds find the good spots.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra