Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drama at Ole Miss: Nutt Discipline

Started by alabama Hawg, October 16, 2008, 09:29:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alabama Hawg

Not sure if this has already been posted, but there is a strong rumor going around that Ole Miss DE Greg Hardy was voted off the team at Ole Miss only to be "voted back on" shortly after.  Keep in mind Hardy led the SEC in Sacks and TFLs last season.   As Arkansas fans I think we can remember Nutt employing this tactic during his career at Arkansas (C.J. McClain among others) (i.e. instead of kicking a player off the team b/c you think he is too valuable, ask the team to vote so you can act like you addressed the problem)  I bet Nutt figured the team would elect to keep Hardy but when it didn't he had to go to plan B. 

From the Memphis Commercial Appeal:
Lots of open-date drama at Ole Miss last week involving defensive end Greg Hardy, who played poorly against South Carolina. Coach Houston Nutt said Hardy was never voted off the team last week and voted back on. When quarterback Jevan Snead was asked in a Tuesday radio interview on Birmingham station WJOX about Hardy's rumored dismissal, Snead diplomatically answered, "I feel like he's a great player, and he does help the team out quite a bit. He makes big plays. One thing he needs to work on is to try to get his stuff together. That's what he's doing. He's working on that. He's a good guy." Defensive line coach Tracy Rocker, a former Outland Trophy winner, hasn't been as diplomatic. "I don't know what was wrong (with Hardy), but I got a lot of kids out here that want to play," Rocker said. "Counseling time is over.

stronguard

He can sell drugs, beat up women, drive drunk, and he's good with NuttyBuddy.

But GOD HELP HIM if he is a 5star QB.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Justifiable Hogicide

Nutt and his assistant coaches flat out set the bar when it comes to using their players as an excuse.

hamsam

I am really angry with myself for being slightly surprised by that! >:(

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

pigface

Keep in mind that Hootie is the top-ten destroyer.  Alabama is next this weekend.

Immensehog

Quote from: pigface on October 17, 2008, 07:36:22 am
Keep in mind that Hootie is the top-ten destroyer.  Alabama is next this weekend.

Haley's comet comes around more often than Ole Miss wins in Tuscaloosa.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

spudhog

I don't think anyone here is surprised. And, it's moves like this that will help upend his tenure there. You look at BP. Kicking off Fairchild and disciplining others who could make an impact on this team. But, he wanted to set a tone for what it's going to be like from now on. No non sense, and pure discipline.

BP's early moves will pay off years down the line. HDN's moves will pay off years down the line as well. But, we all know where HDN's discipline leads too.

Ole Miss is in trouble and people are already starting to understand that. 

TruthHog

i called that reinstatement, brutha.

thank heavens this tool is gone
Calmer than you are.

4thdownnutt

aw give him a second chance -- everybody deserves a second chance; with that as a rule we could fix our prison problem by half

Bigmac

Gotta keep Hooty's center around for the basketball pick up games. ;)

Feralhog

I wonder what it feels like to be a hugger when on damn near a weekly basis, Nutt does the exact same darn at Ole Miss that they denied he did here?
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

The Hogfather

BigDeal

Quote from: Feralhog on October 17, 2008, 10:33:31 am
I wonder what it feels like to be a hugger when on damn near a weekly basis, Nutt does the exact same crap at Ole Miss that they denied he did here?

It dunnin feel good.

I thank you.

Hogblog

They must have had a "Code Red" on Hardy ;)

toozakpig

Big Deal go back to your ole miss boards. They seem to like you there!

BA Hogwild

Quote from: BigDeal on October 17, 2008, 10:35:45 am
It dunnin feel good.

I thank you.

Is that your impression of Danny?

I spank you.
The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

Cresthog

spudhog

Quote from: Feralhog on October 17, 2008, 10:33:31 am
I wonder what it feels like to be a hugger when on damn near a weekly basis, Nutt does the exact same crap at Ole Miss that they denied he did here?

Hugger's are the same people that believe: the world is flat, we haven't landed on the moon yet, women shouldn't vote, and drinking water during a workout show's weakness.

They simply refuse new ideas or to use logic.

Feralhog

Quote from: spudhog on October 17, 2008, 02:16:37 pm
Hugger's are the same people that believe: the world is flat, we haven't landed on the moon yet, women shouldn't vote, and drinking water during a workout show's weakness.

They simply refuse new ideas or to use logic.
It may be even more simplistic.  The train of thought by a Moonie is more complicated.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

LSPRazorbac

Does anyone know what he has supposedly done?  All that I have found is that he has played very inconsistent.

Work computer denies me access to Ole Miss Message Boards.  (Funny that it allows me on Razorback and LSU boards but not Ole Miss.)

spudhog

Quote from: Feralhog on October 17, 2008, 02:27:13 pm
It may be even more simplistic.  The train of thought by a Moonie is more complicated.

Good point ;)

cbjagman

WAIT JUST A MINUTE HERE! This situation should never have been allowed to get out of hand! After all,we must all remember that even before the season began it was explained that Ole Miserable has a unique way of dealing with problems such as this. Where was Danny during all of this time? After all, his main responsibility (besides playing 'pickup' basketball games) is to mentor the players, primarily by taking them down to the Oxford Sonic and buying them an ice cream cone. Works every time!

Imagine what a player T. Tebow could have been if he had only had the counseling of DN. Perhaps he can still transfer to the Retards for his senior year so that he can get the benefit of the incredible coaching of HDN while preparing for the NFL.

spudhog

Quote from: LSPRazorbac on October 17, 2008, 02:29:55 pm
Does anyone know what he has supposedly done?  All that I have found is that he has played very inconsistent.

Work computer denies me access to Ole Miss Message Boards.  (Funny that it allows me on Razorback and LSU boards but not Ole Miss.)

I think he has a pretty bad attitude. One of those guys who is angry a lot of the time. From what I have heard, this is the conclusion I draw.

HDN had guys not playing hard all of the time here. Hard for me to believe he would now start benching guys for just this alone.

Feralhog

Quote from: cbjagman on October 17, 2008, 03:23:54 pm
WAIT JUST A MINUTE HERE! This situation should never have been allowed to get out of hand! After all,we must all remember that even before the season began it was explained that Ole Miserable has a unique way of dealing with problems such as this. Where was Danny during all of this time? After all, his main responsibility (besides playing 'pickup' basketball games) is to mentor the players, primarily by taking them down to the Oxford Sonic and buying them an ice cream cone. Works every time!

Imagine what a player T. Tebow could have been if he had only had the counseling of DN. Perhaps he can still transfer to the Retards for his senior year so that he can get the benefit of the incredible coaching of HDN while preparing for the NFL.

Great recall dude, how could I forget about the counseling trips with Danny down to the Sonic? 
I seldom use the the karma feature.  I never give smites and can count the applauds I've given on one, maybe two hands.  +1

spudhog

Quote from: cbjagman on October 17, 2008, 03:23:54 pm

Ice Cream with Danny. Sounds like a hit replacement for Dr. Phil ;D ;D

hogrock

Quote from: BigDeal on October 17, 2008, 10:35:45 am
It dunnin feel good.

I thank you.

Lick it up nuttlicker and love it forever..................... you deserve it.

Justifiable Hogicide

October 17, 2008, 05:29:54 pm #26 Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 05:32:15 pm by Justifiable Hogicide
Quote from: spudhog on October 17, 2008, 03:45:06 pm
Ice Cream with Danny.
Danny Nutt is the most expensive ice cream cone man in the history of college football.
Maybe the only one.
You gotta love those nuttie-nutts.

Hogblog

Could it be as simple as Hardy isn't buying into the used car salesman crap..........pulling a Matt Jones on dales azz..........

porkurina

nuttfreein2008

Quote from: stronguard on October 16, 2008, 09:31:12 pm

I have a feeling those five star quarterbacks wont be a problem at Ole Miss.  Dale won't survive long enough for Peyton and Eli's boys.  3 and done.  Did I say ROLL TIDE.   ;)

kgr

You used TCTWF and Discipline in the same line.  Bwwaaaahhhhhh.
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: stronguard on October 16, 2008, 09:31:12 pm

or a walkon anything else

kclvr

I heard the same thing today from a guy that is good friends with Danny "little" Nutt.  Said the team had a 3 pm meeting Sunday and he didn't make to that meeting then was 10 minutes late for practice at 5 PM and the seniors had voted him of and Houston went to bat for him giving a 30 speech on teamwork and Bla bla bla.  I told him that it was typical and had he been a 3rd string guy Nutt case would have let him go and held a press conference about how he handles these cases.

Sivad

Quote from: kclvr on October 17, 2008, 07:46:21 pm
The same thing today from a guy that is good friends with Danny "little" Nutt. The team seniors had voted him off and Houston went to bat for him giving a 30 speech on teamwork.  If he had been a 3rd string guy Nutt case would have let him go and held a press conference about how he handles these cases.
Typical example of the "Nutt Discipline" or more accurately, the lack thereof.
Get ready Ole Miss, you are fixing to get a belly full of this crap.

Hogblog

HoggieStyle

So who's Hootie gonna bag on (trying not to use "throw under the bus"...) when Bama beats them like a rented mule? I mean...we know it won't be his fault, right?

Feralhog

Quote from: HoggieStyle on October 17, 2008, 11:07:17 pm
So who's Hootie gonna bag on (trying not to use "throw under the bus"...) when Bama beats them like a rented mule? I mean...we know it won't be his fault, right?

Early on, I'll be paying close attention to Snead.  It's hard for a QB to stay in rhythm with an off week and I'll lay a dollar to a box of donuts that the pct. of time Col. Reb spends working on the passing game has systematically dropped ever since Nutt's revelation that Ole Miss needed to run the ball more.  A rusty QB against Bama's secondary is a pretty good formula for Snead to have some big ass Tire marks, running up and down his back, come Sunday.

intoxhog

October 18, 2008, 12:48:45 am #37 Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 12:59:35 am by intoxhog
Quote from: Feralhog on October 17, 2008, 11:35:17 pm
Early on, I'll be paying close attention to Snead.  It's hard for a QB to stay in rhythm with an off week and I'll lay a dollar to a box of donuts that the pct. of time Col. Reb spends working on the passing game has systematically dropped ever since Nutt's revelation that Ole Miss needed to run the ball more.  A rusty QB against Bama's secondary is a pretty good formula for Snead to have some big ass Tire marks, running up and down his back, come Sunday.
Nail meet head! I saw it week after week for the last 10 years. I almost feel bad Ole Miss fans that they have to deal with his sorry @ss.

I usually don't pile on with all the anti-nutt threads just because I'm sooo past the whole drama of it all. That being said, reading Ch*t like this make me ill. Thank God we have a real coach now.

The future is VERY BRIGHT!
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz