Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

wally hall - calls out cbb and "administrators"

Started by ballz2thewall, November 07, 2017, 10:06:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Con el Cerdos

Whatever one's view is of Wally and his paper may be, it's good to see the folks responsible for the current state of Razorback football called out.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Wally brings a pillow to a knife fight, but at least he is showing up.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hawgon

So, I wonder who owns the Arkansas Democrat and why Lil Wally has been unleashed lately?

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on November 07, 2017, 10:15:25 am
So, I wonder who owns the Arkansas Democrat and why Lil Wally has been unleashed lately?

Walter Hussman

hawgon

AirWarren

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 07, 2017, 10:13:45 am

At least he is speaking out.

Lubricators like Mike Irwin and bo bo the clown mattingly have always refused to. The ultimate toadies.

HoggyCat

Wally never does that until the writing is on the wall.... for all involved that he's writing about....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Just because he wrote an article utilizing a modicum of decorum doesn't make it any less obvious. The dude has got to go, and I am becoming annoyed at our society for having to be so base in it's onslaught of entitled titty tantrums. Go get a prescription for Xanax if you are finding it impossible to be civil.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DeltaBoy

Every time we got rid of a coach since Orville died, Wally is the last one to speak out and pile on when a guy being showed the door.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 07, 2017, 10:25:12 am
Every time we got rid of a coach since Orville died, Wally is the last one to speak out and pile on when a guy being showed the door.

Wally isn't the last one this time.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

duck slayer

My thoughts on Wally are that he doesn't post his opinion on job hires or fires.  He only paves the way for those who have a vote.

Been through this too many times. He might as well be the UofA spokesman on personnel issues.  He just passes the messages. 

My two cents. Not worth much.

hawgon

It is interesting that Wally went right after Jeffry Augustus.

EastexHawg

Quote from: hawgon on November 07, 2017, 10:32:42 am
It is interesting that Wally went right after Jeffry Augustus.

He did it even less subtly on Finebaum's show a while back.

Rustyhog

I don't think he went after them that hard in this article. Long uses Wally as a tool. Time for Wally TO REALLY TELL IT LIKE IT IS! Time to change the administration!

Note, he did state that the administration has had record GROWTH since Long has been there. Broyles always a do more with less guy. Long is a "throw more money at it" guy. I bet the payroll in the AD has tripled since jeffey has been in charge.

I miss Frank.

ricepig

Quote from: Rustyhog on November 07, 2017, 10:46:03 am
I don't think he went after them that hard in this article. Long uses Wally as a tool. Time for Wally TO REALLY TELL IT LIKE IT IS! Time to change the administration!

Note, he did state that the administration has had record GROWTH since Long has been there. Broyles always a do more with less guy. Long is a "throw more money at it" guy. I bet the payroll in the AD has tripled since jeffey has been in charge.

I miss Frank.

As has the income, seems that's how it always works.

Pigstie

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 07, 2017, 10:25:12 am
But just wait once CBB is gone, whenever that is. They will start coming out of the woodwork with the negative stories and behind the scenes stuff that they don't want to touch while he is still employed.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on November 07, 2017, 10:22:34 am
Not that one.  The one a bit to the north and the west.

Wally writes for the Log Cabin??

Tusks

I thought Wally on Finebaum was one of his better moments and he hasn't had that many.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

BigK_HogHeaven

One of the first times I've enjoyed and agreed with a Wally article

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: AP85 on November 07, 2017, 10:23:19 am
At least he is speaking out.

Lubricators like Mike Irwin and bo bo the clown mattingly have always refused to. The ultimate toadies.

Since when was Mike a toadie?

Piggfoot

Wally smells blood. Someone has turned him loose. Arkansas sportswriters do not criticize the Razorback coaches and ADs unless they are on their way out.
Changes are definately coming.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Rustyhog

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2017, 10:49:39 am
As has the income, seems that's how it always works.

The income has gone up because of the SEC / ESPN money. That & donation demands along with ticket prices not to mention royalties going from 9.5% to 17% in 3 years. PLUS, IMG is selling everything. Every timeout, every play has a sponsor now. It's getting ridiculous.

So, if you are ok with all of the reasons alleged income has gone up, then ok. I am not a fan of some of the ways he's raising income.

BTW, without a winning program, selling tickets & asking for more donations become increasingly difficult to do & maintain, let alone grow.

Piggfoot

Quote from: hawgon on November 07, 2017, 10:15:25 am
Stephens Media.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

East Clintwood

Quote from: Rustyhog on November 07, 2017, 10:46:03 am

I miss Frank.

The SEC Cable Channel started up during Jeffy's time here.  Huge revenue increase and Jeffy had nothing to do with it.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hogsanity

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on November 07, 2017, 11:16:35 am
Since when was Mike a toadie?

Since he does not call BB Bert, and is not on 24/7 droning about how he needs to be fired. See, that is how it works here, you are an awesome journalist if you are calling for BB and Long to be fired, but a lackey for the administration and a hack if you are not doing so.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 07, 2017, 11:30:46 am

The SEC Cable Channel started up during Jeffy's time here.  Huge revenue increase and Jeffy had nothing to do with it.
Why would you even infer such a thing ? Don't you know that Jeff P. Long is, and you can ask him for verification, the smartest man in any room he enters.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

DoctorSusscrofa

Many fans do think football coaching changes are knife fights.  And even the ones that haven't thought about read that description and go, "yeah boy, he's d*** right about that." 

Boy are our fans dimwits.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Rustyhog

Agree, Jeff had NOTHING to do with it. Am I missing something here?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on November 07, 2017, 11:39:52 am
Since he does not call BB Bert, and is not on 24/7 droning about how he needs to be fired. See, that is how it works here, you are an awesome journalist if you are calling for BB and Long to be fired, but a lackey for the administration and a hack if you are not doing so.
Yeah, because most of us with just a little bit of common sense and a little bit of knowledge about college football can see that things will not get better if we keep the status quo. What about this current regime right now gives you hope?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

I have a question.  It seems to me that when Broyles wanted to get something built, he eventually found enough money from contributors to get it done without Bonds.  I could be very wrong about this because being gone from Arkansas would have put me in position to not know.

hogsanity

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 07, 2017, 11:57:11 am
Yeah, because most of us with just a little bit of common sense and a little bit of knowledge about college football can see that things will not get better if we keep the status quo. What about this current regime right now gives you hope?

I have said it is time for BB to go.

But the same people who have called Wally a hack for the last several years now suddenly think he is some great journalist because he finally shows up to the party.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on November 07, 2017, 11:57:11 am
I have a question.  It seems to me that when Broyles wanted to get something built, he eventually found enough money from contributors to get it done without Bonds.  I could be very wrong about this because being gone from Arkansas would have put me in position to not know.

We issued $107m worth of bonds to fund the 2001 expansion. We had an athletic budget of $24.5m and owed $47.1m on facilities before the issue. On the NEZ bond issue, the athletic budget was $97.5m and we owed $56m before the $120m bond issue.

tolerati

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

East TN HAWG

As stated earlier in this string, Wally is generally the last to pile on a coach.  He is the editor of the states largest paper, and he would not do anything to alienate his sources at the U of A.  Wally has obviously talked to someone, and he knows something. 

The timing of this article is not by accident.  The BOT meets tomorrow, and this article was written to apply pressure to one or more members of the BOT before the meeting.

I don't know is the pressure is ultimately meant for Long or CBB behalf.  I doubt we replace both at the same time.  I believe something is going down this week even though we may not hear anything about it.   

Jim Harris

Why did the Ole Miss game "lose its luster" just because of Arkansas' performance vs. Costal Carolina. Later that day, Ole Miss won at Kentucky. I'd say Arkansas's win at Ole Miss looks more impressive now. Most people feel Kentucky has played well this year, was 6-2 going into the game.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

oldhog63

Basically a statement of the obvious. Junior High

hawgsalot

Oh good grief slam him on CBB but he's done miracles growing revenue and adding new facilities.  I can't stand people who say yeah revenue is great yet he has nothing to do with it or Anderson was coming with or without him blah blah blah.  Fact is under his watch both are true give credit where credit is due and blame where it's due but don't blame and minimize credit to fit an agenda.

Mo_Better_Hogs

LOL. Yep, that's something.

HotlantaHog

I don't think anyone tells Wally what to write, but he is the Walter Cronkite of Arkansas ... if you have lost Wally, you have lost Razorback Nation ... he errs on the side of being nice -- not a terrible thing, and something people on the Internet could learn from ...

By the time Wally is throwing in the towel, it's pretty obvious the writing is on the wall.

Hawg Life

Quote from: hawgsalot on November 07, 2017, 12:36:39 pm
Oh good grief slam him on CBB but he's done miracles growing revenue and adding new facilities.  I can't stand people who say yeah revenue is great yet he has nothing to do with it or Anderson was coming with or without him blah blah blah.  Fact is under his watch both are true give credit where credit is due and blame where it's due but don't blame and minimize credit to fit an agenda.

Most can't get over him firing CBP. He had to fire him there was no other way. Long isn't going anywhere. Fire Bielema.

Locutus_of_Boar

Wally knows the BOT meets this week and someone has told him what they are going to do so he's decided to bravely jump in front of the parade now that there is no more risk he'd have to confront Bielema in 2018.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Jim Harris on November 07, 2017, 12:28:43 pm
Why did the Ole Miss game "lose its luster" just because of Arkansas' performance vs. Costal Carolina. Later that day, Ole Miss won at Kentucky. I'd say Arkansas's win at Ole Miss looks more impressive now. Most people feel Kentucky has played well this year, was 6-2 going into the game.

Well, some naive souls thought that coming back from a deficit against an SEC opponent on the road meant that perhaps Arkansas had found itself, was righting the ship and figuring it out.  Thus, that game had some luster.  However, our performance against Coastal showed that no, we are the same horribly coached team we have been all along.  The luster came not from Ole Miss itself but what people thought that meant about us.  That's how I interpreted that statement.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 07, 2017, 12:51:35 pm
Well, some naive souls thought that coming back from a deficit against an SEC opponent on the road meant that perhaps Arkansas had found itself, was righting the ship and figuring it out.  Thus, that game had some luster.  However, our performance against Coastal showed that no, we are the same horribly coached team we have been all along.  The luster came not from Ole Miss itself but what people thought that meant about us.  That's how I interpreted that statement.

same here. pretty simple to do, actually.
The rest of the frog.

ricepig

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 07, 2017, 12:47:24 pm
Wally knows the BOT meets this week and someone has told him what they are going to do so he's decided to bravely jump in front of the parade now that there is no more risk he'd have to confront Bielema in 2018.

The BOT isn't going to fire Bielema, they have more important duties as Trustees. Now, they may tell Bobbitt and Steinmetz to improve the football team, which does the same thing, but there won't be any vote on the coach or AD.

HotlantaHog

Lose its luster might not be the right phrase. But if you viewed the game as a bellwether that indicated the Hogs were turning the corner, the Coastal Carolina game would cast doubt on that interpretation.

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.