Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee Plays Concussed Player

Started by Cotton, November 01, 2017, 12:10:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: Kneph13 on November 01, 2017, 05:57:14 pm
     I'm not stupid, and yes I've read and listened to the studies on concussions.  Football is a violent sport.  Concussion and Injuries will occur.  You know that before you play and it's YOUR decision to do it knowing that risk, unless the medical staff and coaches say No.   Play the damn game!  I'm not trolling either,  if you want soften college football, go play flag or touch football in a field near your house.

If you are not stupid, or a troll, you are one of these jack-a-ninnys that still thinks football is some sort of test of manhood. You probably think three a days without water breaks is a good way to toughen up the team. That players that complain about headaches, blurred vision, or throw up after getting hit in the head are just wimps trying to get out of doing something.

Yes, football is a violent game, but that does not mean the players playing it should not be protected to the best as they can be, and that includes not playing right after sustaining a concussion.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE