Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So who's the "big commitment" in baseball the Hogs got today?

Started by Hog Nutt, July 02, 2013, 01:15:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Nutt

I heard Mike Irwing mention it at noon on the radio. Anybody know? SIAP

ricepig

Quote from: Hog Nutt on July 02, 2013, 01:15:12 pm
I heard Mike Irwing mention it at noon on the radio. Anybody know? SIAP

I guess the one we got yesterday.

Hog Nutt

Quote from: ricepig on July 02, 2013, 01:19:42 pm

I guess everybody knows except me and Mike. Who was it?

ucahogfan

Quote from: ricepig on July 02, 2013, 01:19:42 pm
Vitello said in his introductory press conference that they had a guy on campus for a visit that he recruited at TCU so it could be yet another commitment.  Bonfield is a huge pickup as he is a stud, but it could very well be the recruit visiting.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Hog Nutt on July 02, 2013, 01:21:46 pm
I guess everybody knows except me and Mike. Who was it?
You could look at the recruiting threads on this forum and find that info out.  I try and keep that as up to date as possible.

Hog Nutt

Quote from: ucahogfan on July 02, 2013, 01:23:10 pm
You could look at the recruiting threads on this forum and find that info out.  I try and keep that as up to date as possible.

I see it now, thanks. What position does he play? I couldn't tell in the link.

ucahogfan

Hog Nutt

I thought I heard Mike say that the commitment was a player being recruited at TCU, before the coaching hire here.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Hog Nutt on July 02, 2013, 01:43:36 pm
I thought I heard Mike say that the commitment was a player being recruited at TCU, before the coaching hire here.
Well if you here who is it, please post his name.

Stang1970

Quote from: ucahogfan on July 02, 2013, 01:48:20 pm
Well if you here who is it, please post his name.
Matt Jones ‏@NWAMatt 3m
Arkansas baseball picked up a commitment from New Jersey outfielder Luke Bonfield on Monday. He is part of the 2014 class.

ricepig

Quote from: Stang1970 on July 02, 2013, 01:56:05 pm
Matt Jones ‏@NWAMatt 3m
Arkansas baseball picked up a commitment from New Jersey outfielder Luke Bonfield on Monday. He is part of the 2014 class.

Yeah, we had that one yesterday.

hawgcraZ

I don't see how Bonfield would be on campus right now considering that he is playing in the Perfect Game tournament.  Could be wrong, but I have to think its another guy thats on campus that may have committed today.

hawgcraZ

Anybody have any info on who was on campus today?  Really wish baseball recruiting was reported on more.

Fans could help out if we just had half as much info as we do about football or basketball recruits

ricepig

ucahogfan

Quote from: ricepig on July 03, 2013, 07:32:39 pm
Mark Clark
Could even be someone else.  Vitello said there was someone on campus that he had been recruiting at TCU.  Good to see a Fort Smith kid get to live out his dream.

⚾Mark Clark⚾ ‏@Mark5Clark  6h 
Finally my dream has came true! I have officially committed to be a Arkansas baseball player! #WPS

Don't think we have to worry about losing him to the draft even if he has 1st round potential.  Really look forward to him be a Hog.

PorkRyan

Clark has ridiculous power for his build. Usually the tall lanky kids develop power down the road.  I'm anxious to see what happens as he gets stronger.  Great pickup.

ucahogfan

Quote from: PorkRyan on July 03, 2013, 08:31:19 pm
Clark has ridiculous power for his build. Usually the tall lanky kids develop power down the road.  I'm anxious to see what happens as he gets stronger.  Great pickup.
What else do you know about him?  Is he a corner OF or can he stick in CF at the next level?

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PorkRyan

Corner OF would be my best guess.  He could also play 1st and he catches in high school.  Don't think he projects as a catcher, though. I watched him play 3 times this year and he hit 4 HRs in those 3 games.  It's hard to judge kids off high school when the pitchers are nowhere near what they wll see in summer ball and then in college.  Still, Clark has very quick hands and the body type that projects well as he gets older.

ucahogfan

Quote from: PorkRyan on July 03, 2013, 09:30:33 pm
Corner OF would be my best guess.  He could also play 1st and he catches in high school.  Don't think he projects as a catcher, though. I watched him play 3 times this year and he hit 4 HRs in those 3 games.  It's hard to judge kids off high school when the pitchers are nowhere near what they wll see in summer ball and then in college.  Still, Clark has very quick hands and the body type that projects well as he gets older.
Thanks for the info.  4 HRs in 3 games is very impressive unless they were played at Farmington.  If he measurements on the PG website are true, he has the body type that does project well like a Ficociello or Anderson.

rolyat_2008

this here makes a lot more sense than Clark - https://twitter.com/DSimms12/status/352498535947710465

Darien Simms @DSimms12
Just committed to play baseball at the University of Arkansas! I want to thank God and everyone who helped make this possible! #Blessed

TX kid that was being recruited by TCU

ucahogfan

Let's see, Vitello has been on the job for about 3 days now and has landed 3 players.  Would say we made the right hire.

TikiHog

you act suprised...never underestimate DVH...Butler will soon be forgotten

ucahogfan

Quote from: TikiHog on July 03, 2013, 10:51:47 pm
you act suprised...never underestimate DVH...Butler will soon be forgotten
Not really surprised.  Knew DVH would bring in a stud recruiter to replace Butler.  Really excited to see the rest of the class shape up.

It's kind of funny to look at the 2014 recruiting classes among the Big 3 sports and the reactions of posters.

ricepig

Quote from: ucahogfan on July 03, 2013, 10:14:57 pm
Let's see, Vitello has been on the job for about 3 days now and has landed 3 players.  Would say we made the right hire.
I'd say he landed one player.

Sueie

Quote from: ucahogfan on July 03, 2013, 09:40:20 pm
Thanks for the info.  4 HRs in 3 games is very impressive unless they were played at Farmington.  If he measurements on the PG website are true, he has the body type that does project well like a Ficociello or Anderson.

You are correct. I saw a game that had SEVEN homeruns hit on that field a few years ago. Farmington no longer plays on the "Tee Ball" field. So those homerun derby games are over.