Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Coach Divides our Fan base the Most?

Started by ipigsooie, November 20, 2017, 09:23:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following potential coaching hires would cause the largest rift between our already fragile fan base?

Mike Norvell
Gus Malzahn
Matt Campbell
Brent Venables
Mike Leach

deedster84

With those choices in your poll there is only going to be one outcome. Everyone on here has heard about those other coaches but Gus is from here and there are already opinions formed on him. I'm not a Gus lover or hater. All I want in a coach is someone that wins consistently and gets us in no hot water with the NCAA. If it's Gus, fine. If it's not, fine. I'd hope that's how all Hog fans feel.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Gonzo on November 20, 2017, 11:32:42 pm
Always find it intriguing that BB's defenses and teams got worse when all those failures departed.

Go Hogs!
They got worse because of coaching.  Those recruiting shortcomings are real whether people want to admit it or not.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Gonzo

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 21, 2017, 06:05:31 am
They got worse because of coaching.  Those recruiting shortcomings are real whether people want to admit it or not.

Well, I guess since you say so, it must be true

As I said, I find it interesting the "failures" were aparently  better with bad coaching than their replacemen's were with bad coaching.

Go Hogs!

GuvHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 21, 2017, 06:05:31 am

Be serious. It's not a coincidence that Bielema's defenses tanked once Petrino's defensive recruits left the program. It's true whether people want to admit it or not.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HF#1

Quote from: GuvHog on November 21, 2017, 08:43:36 am
Be serious. It's not a coincidence that Bielema's defenses tanked once Petrino's defensive recruits left the program. It's true whether people want to admit it or not.

More specifically when Spaight, Flowers, Philon, and Mitchel left. Philon and Spaight were Bielema guys. Flowers and Mitchell were Petrino recruits.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Wildhog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 21, 2017, 08:46:49 am
More specifically when Spaight, Flowers, Philon, and Mitchel left. Philon and Spaight were Bielema guys. Flowers and Mitchell were Petrino recruits.

Philon was Petrino, too.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hoghiker

Quote from: HF#1 on November 20, 2017, 10:49:13 am
If fans were less concerned with be divided and more concerned with winning, we would be better off. This is petty. You either support the program or you don't.
Any port in a storm. Gus might win here. He might not. If he is the best man for the job, hire him. I'm not sure he is.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HF#1

HF#1

Quote from: hoghiker on November 21, 2017, 08:51:56 am
Any port in a storm. Gus might win here. He might not. If he is the best man for the job, hire him. I'm not sure he is.

Time will tell.

GuvHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 21, 2017, 08:51:10 am
I thought Bielema got him late...

No, Philon was part of Petrino's 2012 class of signees. I believe their were 6 starters on the 2014 defense that were Petrino recruits.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

lakecityhog

I would reword the question to "who" divides our fanbase the most and the ONLY answer is-------THE FANS!!!!!

pigture perfect

I'm just looking forward to the day when we can all gather at the stadium and watch quality football and share a Coca-Cola with a friend.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RazorPiggie

Quote from: GuvHog on November 21, 2017, 08:55:48 am
No, Philon was part of Petrino's 2012 class of signees. I believe their were 6 starters on the 2014 defense that were Petrino recruits.

And there should have been since they would be Jrs and Srs. But the problem was there was zero depth at just about every position because so many guys left or didn't make it past 2 years with Petrinos last few classes.

hogsanity

Again, no coach hire is going to divide the fan base. The small group of fans who post on a message board, probably, but not the fan base in general.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

East TN HAWG

Quote from: GuvHog on November 21, 2017, 08:55:48 am
Along with Philon, Spaight was equally important for that one good defense. 

razoredge178

HOG fans will unite around whomever we hire. We always have (for the most part).