Who else is ready to Change the name of this forum

Started by Lanny, November 19, 2017, 02:55:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

To:  Official Head Football Coaching Search Forum
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hog_fan

Believe we are a week away until an official opening.

Danny J

Tony Perkis

Arkansasno1

"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

ricepig

Seminole Indian

Quote from: hog_fan on November 19, 2017, 03:00:05 pm
Believe we are a week away until an official opening.
That does not mean the job has not been filled, especially if the coach taking the job  is still coaching. With a December signing period teams need to be announcing a new coach within the next 2-3  weeks if at all possible.

That December signing date changes everything so letting it be known a coach is not being retained before the end of the season may become the norm not the exception.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

hawgjr

NuttinItUp

hog_fan

Quote from: Seminole Indian on November 19, 2017, 03:15:31 pm
That does not mean the job has not been filled, especially if the coach taking the job  is still coaching. With a December signing period teams need to be announcing a new coach within the next 2-3  weeks if at all possible.

That December signing date changes everything so letting it be known a coach is not being retained before the end of the season may become the norm not the exception.

Yes, and while everyone knows it will happen it isn't offical.

hog_fan

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

duckman

Ironhawg

woodrow hog call

Unless you want to change it to the official welcome home Gus forum?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Porked Tongue

I dont think lanny is saying Bret is going to be fired in the next day, just that he's ready to make it official.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Karma on November 19, 2017, 03:52:57 pm
I dont think lanny is saying Bret is going to be fired in the next day, just that he's ready to make it official.
Correct.

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

TriHog

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 19, 2017, 03:40:18 pm
I triple dog dare you.

He skipped the double dog dare and went strait the the triple dog dare!!

Dark Helmet Hog

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Horkus Porkus

Tusks

Official Arkansas Razorback Football Coaching Search
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: Lanny on November 19, 2017, 02:55:42 pm
To:  Official Head Football Coaching Search Forum

What do you know and when did you know it ?

RockyMtnHog

We also need a forum that is called "The Pit of Misery" Dilly Dilly!

Oh, wait a minute.  Arkansas has been in the Pit of Misery for the past five years and have claimed the Master Bed Room!  Dilly Dilly!
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Mr. Porkleone

hogsfanchaz

The difficult we do immediately....the impossible takes a little longer!!!!

Quote from: TriHog on November 19, 2017, 04:16:46 pm
He skipped the double dog dare and went strait the the triple dog dare!!
Slight breach of protocol.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I'm all for it.  Now if we could just change the name of MMQB to "Sharks and Daisies."
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Tony Perkis

I wonder...will my productivity go up or down when BB's firing is finally announced?

Oklahawg

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 19, 2017, 06:25:22 pm
I wonder...will my productivity go up or down when BB's firing is finally announced?

Mine can't get much worse.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The Hawg Marshal

Is there really any need to. Why have a search when everyone is saying Gus is a done deal?

jgcat4

Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Tony Perkis

hog_fan

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 19, 2017, 06:28:49 pm
Is there really any need to. Why have a search when everyone is saying Gus is a done deal?

I haven't seen many saying it is done just he is top choice

Porked Tongue

SultanofSwine

When you make the change be sure to post a sticky to accept resume's and send links to the agents for all the top choices.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hog_fan on November 19, 2017, 07:12:54 pm
I haven't seen many saying it is done just he is top choice
I stand corrected. But if he's the top choice and he supposedly reached out to us about the job ,sounds pretty cut and dried to me.

Tigaman

jgphillips3