Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Candidate that no one is talking about...

Started by Airforcehawg, November 19, 2017, 01:45:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Airforcehawg

CBB came out of the blue last go around. Who is you choice that no one us talking about? Greg Schiano....Tee Martin...Willie Taggert who supposedly offered Ol Miss HC spot....who you got?

TX HOG

Airforcehawg

I read it on Footballscoop.com...eveidently he has made it known he wants to come back down south.

tusksincolorado

Why do we need a HC...we are disbanding the program.

All funding is going into Lady's Lacrosse and Men's Dodge ball.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

jgphillips3

Long is gone.  The era of bizarre choices and no leaks is over.  Now, we can still screw this up royally, but I doubt we get a left field candidate.

TX HOG

Taggert has a big time recruiting class working at Oregon!

my3boneheads

After weeks of frustration the Tennessee Volunteers hire Peyton Manning as their new head coach. Not to be out done, recently retired NFL quarterback Eli Manning takes the helm at Ole Miss while Arkansas hopes to return to its glory days with the hiring of David Lee.

Murr

NotSoFastMyFriend

MC_Hog

Oddly enough I heard at the game Sat. that with Long fired Petrino was in play but going with Scott Frost. Now that Gus has it out that he's willing to leave Auburn I expect him at Florida, Tennessee or Texas A&M next year.

grayhawg

Quote from: tusksincolorado on November 19, 2017, 01:49:59 pm
Why do we need a HC...we are disbanding the program.

All funding is going into Lady's Lacrosse and Men's Dodge ball.
Long gone, football coming back.

Smithian

Quote from: Airforcehawg on November 19, 2017, 01:45:20 pm
CBB came out of the blue last go around. Who is you choice that no one us talking about? Greg Schiano....Tee Martin...Willie Taggert who supposedly offered Ol Miss HC spot....who you got?
And before him Petrino was also a shocking hire. This is a really interesting thread concept.

No one in the NFL really makes sense. Maybe Dirk Koetter wants out of the NFL, but that would be an underwhelming hire. Maybe Bill O'Brien gets the surprising sack from Houston.

In the college level, maybe Mike Gundy finally leaves Oklahoma State. Or Kyle Whittingham after a down season decides two decades in Utah is enough. Dana Holgorsen isn't paid all that well.

I don't expect any of those to be the hire, but they're high level coaches who I wouldn't be stunned to see move around.

TX HOG

Surprised no one is going after Fitzgerald

MissippHog

texas tush hog

Quote from: Airforcehawg on November 19, 2017, 01:45:20 pm

Yea, but mister Super Secret Long, is no longer running this show.

apcapri

Silent

Quote from: MC_Hog on November 19, 2017, 02:13:59 pm
Oddly enough I heard at the game Sat. that with Long fired Petrino was in play but going with Scott Frost. Now that Gus has it out that he's willing to leave Auburn I expect him at Florida, Tennessee or Texas A&M next year.

I get so torn on this subject. In one hand I could see Petrino wanting to come back, Arkansas pays very well and he knows he can win here, and the other hand wonders if the higher powers would want him back? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Justagp

Quote from: Silent on November 19, 2017, 03:17:57 pm
I get so torn on this subject. In one hand I could see Petrino wanting to come back, Arkansas pays very well and he knows he can win here, and the other hand wonders if the higher powers would want him back? 🤷🏼‍♂️
I can't see that happening.

hoglady

I loved Bobby Petrino and I most certainly didn't want him fired.

But we need to move past our past - No Gus, No Petrino, No Nutt as AD.

Clean slate and fresh start. No baggage to drag into the future.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

oldhawg

Quote from: hoglady on November 19, 2017, 03:53:57 pm

I'll second those thoughts, although i will not bad mouth anyone the PTB hire (unless HN was re-employed).

hoglady

Quote from: oldhawg on November 19, 2017, 03:57:54 pm
I'll second those thoughts, although i will not bad mouth anyone the PTB hire (unless HN was re-employed).

I will not either.
I will support whoever is hired and hope they can get the job done.

And whoever pushed Long and Bielema out the door - I thank you.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

SemperFi

Dave Aranda
Jeremy Pruitt

If defense wins championships then these two guys should get some consideration. Use the money that they would save hiring a DC on an OC and then back that up with some top notch Assistant's/Position Coaches.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Silent

Quote from: Justagp on November 19, 2017, 03:26:39 pm
I can't see that happening.

I don't either, just my shower thoughts this morning.

As for my left field pick.....

Kliff Kingsbury

rzrbackramsfan

What would it had been like if Bret being hired had leaked before we hired him.  Would the fan base had been down with it or would we have researched it a little more and have not been so psyched?

alohawg

Quote from: hoglady on November 19, 2017, 03:53:57 pm

This
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc