Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some new info....

Started by porkrindjimmy, November 17, 2017, 04:59:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LAGNAF

Quote from: BR on November 18, 2017, 04:28:18 am
Kendall is Lane's OC right now at FAU, he calls all the plays..  FAU has the 25th best Offense in the Country, Arkansas has the 87th..
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21

Kendall was much more complicit in the Baylor scandal than his daddy

ipigsooie

Quote from: fieldturf on November 18, 2017, 07:55:33 am
It would hard for me to believe that Gus will turn us down when the season is complete.  Many on here say were going to make Gus say NO 1st then move on to Norvell...etc  But remember what Bear Bryant said "when mama calls" and looks like mama called.  So expect Gus to come home!

So...youre saying we never called Bear Bryant to see if he would be interested in coming home? With this logic, he would've been a hog coach after "mama called."

Matt Burks

BR

Quote from: LAGNAF on November 18, 2017, 10:33:58 am
Well the NCAA didn't have an issue with him getting the FAU job
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Pigasaurus

Kiffin is a weasel. Did Saban run him off?
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Danimal

Quote from: GuvHog on November 18, 2017, 10:22:31 am
Agreed. Also Gus coming right from coaching High School football to being named OC at Arkansas was an insult to other members of the coaching staff who had worked their butts off for years as college assistants trying to attain that status. To one who isn't wearing Gus blinders, it's easy to understand why they were highly upset about it.
My point exactly.

lumphog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 17, 2017, 11:22:50 pm
The only thing I have heard considering Mike Leach is a few weeks ago I was.told that some of our people.had spoken to his people, our people being some money people, and they gathered he would be interested. They then went to Long with this info and Judy exploded...telling them don't ever go behind my back again.

That story is like 4th hand though.

PRJ
Thanks Jimmy, what would YOU think about the Pirate ?

BR

Quote from: pigasaurus on November 18, 2017, 10:41:23 am
Kiffin is a weasel. Did Saban run him off?
Nope, he took the Head Coaching job at FAU... Saban & Lane together were 26-0

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Danimal on November 18, 2017, 10:13:27 am
I have to disagree. The way he held those players for ransom to get the OC job was a perfect recipe for animosity within the coaching staff. The writing was on the wall from the get-go, and anyone with a lick of sense knew it was gonna get ugly .

As I recall that isn't exactly how that all went down. The GOBN was operating at that time and they were putting a lot of pressure on HDN to make absolutely sure that he kept that homegrown, right in their backyard talent, at Arkansas. Major pressure. Gus certainly had some influence on these kids, but Nutt was the one who told them that he was going to change to their offense, just to help land these kids. I believe that the GOBN also wanted Gus on staff to install his offense and pass the ball more. So, Gus got his first college coaching job as an "OC/WR's" coach (in title only) which helped in getting that Springdale talent secured.

Sometime after Gus's hire, Nutt was being interviewed and even said, "We are going to turn Gus loose with the offense". Truth is, Nutt was insecure about this hire being forced on him and never intended to give Gus a free hand. He just made certain that he used Gus to try to insure that he satisfied the pressure that he was receiving to make certain that he kept that talent at Arkansas and, kept his job. Now was Gus (who is an ambitious guy) complicit in this? Well of course, but not to the degree of HDN.

That's how I remember all of this going down. But I've slept a few times since then. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

B Ray

Quote from: duckman on November 18, 2017, 07:56:13 am
This!!!!

+10000000

Was waiting on someone to point this out, would anyone in their right mind tell their employer that they were looking at a job WITH a competitor from the same conference?  Come on PRJ.....

Gus isn't my first choice, but this in no way is a disqualifier.

That was my thoughts exactly, hope things are well in HS, I'm 40 minutes from Kiffin if I need to take a drive !! LOL

B Ray

Quote from: GuvHog on November 18, 2017, 10:22:31 am
Agreed. Also Gus coming right from coaching High School football to being named OC at Arkansas was an insult to other members of the coaching staff who had worked their butts off for years as college assistants trying to attain that status. To one who isn't wearing Gus blinders, it's easy to understand why they were highly upset about it.
i agree , hiring a HS coach straight to OC is rare , all I can say it was an improvement from the normal crap that was being called!! I'm not a hire Gus first guy, but in 06 , so many things happened behind the scenes that HDN should be ashamed of , yes I know several things first hand !!

Dropkick

I would rather roll the dice on Norvell. There is no sure thing, anyone is going to be a bit of a gamble.

redeye

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 18, 2017, 10:37:27 am
So...youre saying we never called Bear Bryant to see if he would be interested in coming home? With this logic, he would've been a hog coach after "mama called."

Bryant attended Alabama, so I'm sure that's what he meant.

Matt Burks

Quote from: Dropkick on November 18, 2017, 10:54:44 am
I would rather roll the dice on Norvell. There is no sure thing, anyone is going to be a bit of a gamble.
I agree because Bielema was a huge splash when we took him from Wisconsin, and we see how that turned out. Seriously, that hire was seen as a huge get for the Hogs back then - a can't miss, a sure thing, we'd be dumb not to hire him type of thing ... And here we are 5 years later with very little hope. There are no sure things in this world.

Danimal

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 18, 2017, 10:46:17 am
As I recall that isn't exactly how that all went down. The GOBN was operating at that time and they were putting a lot of pressure on HDN to make absolutely sure that he kept that homegrown, right in their backyard talent, at Arkansas. Major pressure. Gus certainly had some influence on these kids, but Nutt was the one who told them that he was going to change to their offense, just to help land these kids. I believe that the GOBN also wanted Gus on staff to install his offense and pass the ball more. So, Gus got his first college coaching job as an "OC/WR's" coach (in title only) which helped in getting that Springdale talent secured.

Sometime after Gus's hire, Nutt was being interviewed and even said, "We are going to turn Gus loose with the offense". Truth is, Nutt was insecure about this hire being forced on him and never intended to give Gus a free hand. He just made certain that he used Gus to try to insure that he satisfied the pressure that he was receiving to make certain that he kept that talent at Arkansas and, kept his job. Now was Gus (who is an ambitious guy) complicit in this? Well of course, but not to the degree of HDN.

That's how I remember all of this going down. But I've slept a few times since then. ;)
That is also correct MHF. As I've said in other posts -- the entire situation was an exercise in greed on ALL sides, and I have a hard time believing that ALL sides didn't see the potential for a world-class $hite-show to ensue. I hope no one who had ANY part of it ever returns to the hill.

ipigsooie

Quote from: redeye on November 18, 2017, 11:00:59 am
Bryant attended Alabama, so I'm sure that's what he meant.

So Henderson State calls and gus is going home. Lol

East Clintwood

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 18, 2017, 08:08:34 am
The mere fact that the talk of it happening is so widely circulated, may be one of the best reasons that it probably isn't going to happen. I don't think Gus or his agent would allow this information to get out if they were serious. And, if there has been discussions between his agent and certain parties representing Arkansas and the people from Arkansas let this get out, it could kill the deal with Malzahn. I have to think that the reason that this has been allowed to get out has less to do with Gus coming to Arkansas and more to do with a better contract at Auburn. But I guess we will see in time.

I hope this is the case -- he's not anywhere near a top choice to me.

This could also help Sexton drive the price up for Norvell as well as helping Gus get a better offer from Auburn.

Iron Bowl --  Go Auburn!!
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Danimal

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 18, 2017, 11:08:55 am
So Henderson State calls and gus is going home. Lol
Dude, that was golden..

Hawg Life

Quote from: BR on November 18, 2017, 04:28:18 am
Kendall is Lane's OC right now at FAU, he calls all the plays..  FAU has the 25th best Offense in the Country, Arkansas has the 87th..
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21

I know. There's a difference between being @ FAU that a SEC team. There'd be way more attention paid to Briles. He'd have to be an analyst @ a major program at least for a couple of years.

BR

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 18, 2017, 11:13:37 am
I know. There's a difference between being @ FAU that a SEC team. There'd be way more attention paid to Briles. He'd have to be an analyst @ a major program at least for a couple of years.
we will just have to disagree...

East Clintwood

Quote from: BR on November 18, 2017, 10:42:35 am
Nope, he took the Head Coaching job at FAU... Saban & Lane together were 26-0

Wrong.   Saban told Kiffin to find another job  for next year as he wasn't being brought back.

Kiffin was sweating it out as he was passed over by every team until FAU came along.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

BR

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 18, 2017, 11:15:48 am

Wrong.   Saban told Kiffin to find another job  for next year as he wasn't being brought back.

Kiffin was sweating it out as he was passed over by every team until FAU came along.
ok

The Hawg Marshal

That's the way I remember it too.

Danimal

Yep, I just have a gut feeling about the guy.

Hawg Life

From the moment Gus got here he was having The Springdale parents and Gus himself were trying to get Nutt fired and let Gus takeover. The parents complained about everything, as Gus had told them to do. They complained about curfews, playing time, lied about how they were treated. What they didn't realize that had they waited a year or so, and Gus would've had a chance after Houston was gone. Nutt had enough and handcuffed Gus to show him he was the boss, and Gus took the first opportunity to get out of town.

Danimal

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 18, 2017, 11:22:23 am
From the moment Gus got here he was having The Springdale parents and Gus himself were trying to get Nutt fired and let Gus takeover. The parents complained about everything, as Gus had told them to do. They complained about curfews, playing time, lied about how they were treated. What they didn't realize what that had they waited a year or so and Gus would've had a chance after Houston was gone. Nutt has enough and handcuffed Gus to show him he was the boss, and Gus took the first opportunity to get out of town.
YEP.

King Kong

Quote from: LAGNAF on November 18, 2017, 10:33:58 am

That has not been proven. May actually be true. But not proven

B Ray

From the moment Gus got here he was having The Springdale parents and Gus himself were trying to get Nutt fired and let Gus takeover. The parents complained about everything, as Gus had told them to do. They complained about curfews, playing time, lied about how they were treated. What they didn't realize that had they waited a year or so, and Gus would've had a chance after Houston was gone. Nutt had enough and handcuffed Gus to show him he was the boss, and Gus took the first opportunity to get out of town.
Bottom line is nobody knows the facts what happened behind closed doors, for every action is a reaction and nobody knows which story you hear , is it the action or reaction ?

I do know that some of the action by HDN , was terrible , I can only go by the first hand info that was given to me!! Once I seen what was being done by HDN and staff , I wasn't going to believe anything amongst the rumors !! It makes a huge difference when you see it first hand !!

ipigsooie

Quote from: B Ray on November 18, 2017, 12:05:20 pm
Bottom line is nobody knows the facts what happened behind closed doors, for every action is a reaction and nobody knows which story you hear , is it the action or reaction ?

I do know that some of the action by HDN , was terrible , I can only go by the first hand info that was given to me!! Once I seen what was being done by HDN and staff , I wasn't going to believe anything amongst the rumors !! It makes a huge difference when you see it first hand !!

Two sides. Does it matter who is right or wrong? We DO NOT need this drama with where we are now. Gus is not worth the drama, the paycheck or the bs. There are other guys out there that would love to be here. It's ridiculous that we are considering paying 6 million a year for the bs soap opera that comes in the uhaul behind the Gus bus. We need to move on!

Hawg Life

Quote from: B Ray on November 18, 2017, 12:05:20 pm

How do you know I didn't see it first hand? I wanted Nutt gone too, but there was a very calculated plan by Gus & his clan. What Gus saw was what many in middle management learn if you look good you make your boss look good. So, he used the kids and their parents. Pinnacle Preps, Cam Newton, Google Dakota Mosley Cash to see Gus recruiting in action!!! If Auburn is Dirty Gus is dirty!!

Hawg Life

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 18, 2017, 12:16:17 pm
Two sides. Does it matter who is right or wrong? We DO NOT need this drama with where we are now. Gus is not worth the drama, the paycheck or the bs. There are other guys out there that would love to be here. It's ridiculous that we are considering paying 6 million a year for the bs soap opera that comes in the uhaul behind the Gus bus. We need to move on!

DAMN Right!! Gus is the Hillary Clinton of college football!! No matter how bogus, how many lies, or how many times they get caught people ignore their wrong doings.

MuskogeeHogFan

From the moment Gus got here he was having The Springdale parents and Gus himself were trying to get Nutt fired and let Gus takeover. The parents complained about everything, as Gus had told them to do. They complained about curfews, playing time, lied about how they were treated.

No.
Go Hogs Go!

Danimal

Again. ALL sides (parents included) were guilty. That's why NO ONE (parents included) talks about it.

King Kong

Nope. Houston was begging Kiffin let a big buyout be in his contract so he couldn't leave for a P5. Kiffin declined FAU was will to accommodate this request and is reaping all the benefits of the best Season in school history

We could and should also reap the benefits of hiring Kiffin. He wants this job. Tried to leave the Raiders for it.

JONAS

I agree.  I want Norvell. 

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Piggie on November 17, 2017, 05:04:29 pm
He told ASU he would be there up till the last second, and then packed his bags.

Over and Over, he said to AS-Who, "I'm not a one and done, I'm not cut out that way" or something to that affect.

Then left them holding the bag. He and Sexton are supposed to be Holy guys, but will play anybody they can for $$$..

Move on, Norvell come on down!
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Danimal on November 18, 2017, 12:37:54 pm
Again. ALL sides (parents included) were guilty. That's why NO ONE (parents included) talks about it.

No, this is just wrong. Irwin has the whole story. This is just a case of revisionist history.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawg Life

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 18, 2017, 01:05:51 pm
No, this is just wrong. Irwin has the whole story. This is just a case of revisionist history.

He told you The Springdale Side.

Hawg Life

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 18, 2017, 12:23:32 pm
No.

YES, it was definitely a 2 way street and both sides were to blame, but it was started by Gus.

B Ray

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 18, 2017, 12:16:17 pm
. Without knowing 100% truth im not making a decision based off what happened many years ago

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 18, 2017, 01:06:58 pm
He told you The Springdale Side.

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 18, 2017, 01:08:31 pm
YES, it was definitely a 2 way street and both sides were to blame, but it was started by Gus.

You and he are both wrong. This was not about the parents.

But let's get off the history and get back to topic. This has nothing to do with the coaching search and I never should have allowed us to go back to those days. No more about the Nutt days.
Go Hogs Go!

B Ray

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 18, 2017, 01:26:48 pm
You and he are both wrong. This was not about the parents.

But let's get off the history and get back to topic. This has nothing to do with the coaching search and I never should have allowed us to go back to those days. No more about the Nutt days.
Amen , let's look forward

PigInTheHole

12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: lumphog on November 18, 2017, 10:42:30 am
Thanks Jimmy, what would YOU think about the Pirate ?

I wouldn't mind Leach at all. Think he would do well. Be would recruit Texas hard.

I still would like to have Norvell or Kiffin first...

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

This is a thousand percent correct.

PRJ

ifghog

Norvell is my #1 LK is a close 2nd.

woo.pig

1. Norvell
2. Kiffin
3. Leach
4. Brown
5. Malzahn

jgcat4

I've been a huge Norvell fan and they put up a ton of points today, but they gave up a ton to SMU. That won't cut it in the SEC. Gotta have a strong DC if he's ever gonna make it here. BP has the same problem. Not a good enough defense. I don't want to put up 70 if the other team can put up 71.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

dmaxfan

If not Gus, ixd prefer norvell over the rest. Leach is a no and kiffin is a hell no
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

IMABIELEMA

Of course he isn't coming here lol!  No one is leaving Auburn for Arkansas.  And he won't be fired either.