Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OMG, Dick Vitale

Started by Dr. Starcs, March 10, 2018, 12:02:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

OldTimeHawg

HOGS = LIFE

greenEGnHAWGS

Just saw that...worst announcer out there...I'd rather listen to Bill Walton...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Gonzo

Fortunately I will be watching it at a sports bar without sound

Go Hogs!

jst01

Hope they have the 'Above the rim' broadcast option. Watched it last night and it was great. Sounds of the game without the analysts speaking.

TushCrush

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 10, 2018, 12:06:24 pm
Walton/Dick Vitale would make a hell of a team :)

RaisinHog

It want be bad since we Arnt playing a blue blood

SPAL

Are we sure he is doing both games?

Bogghawg

If you have a DVR, just pause the TV around 25-28 seconds (play with it to line it up exactly) then listen to Chuck with the TV muted.  The only drawback is Zimmerman, but it beats Dickie V...
https://tunein.com/radio/Razorback-Sports-Network-from-IMG-s230301/
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

HoopS

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 10, 2018, 12:06:24 pm
man that's saying something.

Walton was horrible. At least DV will talk college basketball. Albeit mostly about Duke. But Walton is subject to talking about architecture, foreign cultures and the finer eateries in the Bay Area. No thanks.

Vitale is not doing our game.

hawgwash

He just call CMA "Mike Evans".

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HogBreath

Quote from: HoopS on March 10, 2018, 12:16:17 pm

Walton was horrible. At least DV will talk college basketball. Albeit mostly about Duke. But Walton is subject to talking about architecture, foreign cultures and the finer eateries in the Bay Area. No thanks.
I bet if he were talking about cookies you'd change your tune quickly.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HoopS

Quote from: HogBreath on March 10, 2018, 12:23:01 pm
I bet if he were talking about cookies you'd change your tune quickly.
of course I would.

"The oatmeal cookie is one of the more phenomenal inventions of all time"

Dick Swineberg

We get Sean Farnham with Ravech

raz1965

WJBilly

Quote from: TushCrush on March 10, 2018, 12:12:10 pm
Walton/Dick Vitale would make a hell of a team :)
That's where you'd think you were if you had to listen to both. ;)

sickboy

He will definitely slob all over Gafford though. Gafford is a diaper dandy and Vitale loves him some diaper dandies. That sounds really weird.

Rudy Baylor

at least Dickey V is not a fake POS

Applebottomjeans

Is he doing our game too? 😞 I have the current game on mute

Pigasaurus

Quote from: HoopS on March 10, 2018, 12:24:54 pm
of course I would.

"The oatmeal cookie is one of the more phenomenal inventions of all time"

Frosted oatmeal cookies are my kryptonite.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

hoglady

I guess I'm one of the few that have always liked him.
He's entertaining.
I get irritated the way he slobbers all over Duke and NC - but I still like listening to him.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

umpqua

Should be in a memory care facility.

HogBreath

Quote from: pigasaurus on March 10, 2018, 12:38:20 pm
Hoops is cookie's kryptonite.  He's the human Bermuda triangle for cookies, even sand dollars.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Lady Razorback

Oh my, mine too, but I never see them.  Happy for tips on this.

HamIAm

Why did Vitale never try coaching again after leaving the pros? 

As a college coach he was 79-29 in 4 years at Detroit reaching the Sweet 16 his final year. He then went to the Pistons compiling a 34-60 record. Detroit let him go just 12 games into his second season.  I would think some college would have taken a chance on him if he had wanted to coach.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: hoglady on March 10, 2018, 12:39:04 pm
He's entertaining.
I get irritated the way he slobbers all over Duke and NC - but I still like listening to him.

30 years ago Vitale was entertaining.  Now he might as well be a 70's laugh track still running on endless repeat that doesn't sync with the live show anymore.

Anyway let's hope we are complaining about him tomorrow.  His voice can barely get through one game a day.  Karl Ravech, Sean Farnham, Laura Rutledge are today's crew for semi #2.

Corkscrew Johnson

I thought about him this morning after watching Grayson allen's latest antics.  I wonder if dickie V will desecrate his character like did with Moses last year.  Probably not.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: HoopS on March 10, 2018, 12:16:17 pm

Ha ha...my friend and I just sat their and laughs th whole game when he was the announcer. It was just non-stop random stuff. His rant about Oregon solar power homes was cracking me up. It's so annoying but I'd STILL take him any day over Dickie.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hawgwash on March 10, 2018, 12:22:18 pm
He just call CMA "Mike Evans".

If you're not from Duke, UNC or Kentucky, he has no clue about you.  He's the worst coach knob slobberer there is.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Jackrabbit Hog

Lil' Debbie oatmeal creams.  I have to be careful not to OD on them.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jst01

Dick just basically said "what a job Pearl has done under all that FBI pressure he had this season". Can't even make this stuff up.

HogBreath

Quote from: Lady Razorback on March 10, 2018, 12:49:14 pm
Oh my, mine too, but I never see them.  Happy for tips on this.
Of course you don't, but check with Hoops, he's got warehouses filled with these and many, many other delicious flavors.

Mark anderson

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 10, 2018, 12:14:40 pm
If you have a DVR, just pause the TV around 25-28 seconds (play with it to line it up exactly) then listen to Chuck with the TV muted.  The only drawback is Zimmerman, but it beats Dickie V...
https://tunein.com/radio/Razorback-Sports-Network-from-IMG-s230301/

I'll take anyone over Zimmerman. He is unbearable.

Pudgepork

Dickie V is a PTP'r.   Listening to him in 1 minute commercial is 58 seconds too much

Pudgepork

Quote from: Mark anderson on March 10, 2018, 01:30:10 pm
I'll take anyone over Zimmerman. He is unbearable.

I have to agree.  Zimmerman has his moments but they are few.  I usually can ignore things but his voice eats away my will to listen

old_school_hawg

We'll be a "dirty" team by halftime. Every foul will be flagrant and intentional.
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Mark anderson

Quote from: Pudgepork on March 10, 2018, 01:34:47 pm
I have to agree.  Zimmerman has his moments but they are few.  I usually can ignore things but his voice eats away my will to listen

I know he loves the hogs and I am sure he is a great person but man it's unbearable. The other team is always so good and we are always so bad and you can't enjoy anything because he is a pessimist and is constantly talking about what could go wrong I can't pinpoint it but it's terrible. It's simple impossible to listen too. Yesterday we got a 1 and 1 and Zimmerman went crazy saying they aren't going to give it to us as if that ever happens ever. And you could sense chucks frustration with him and chuck said "yes they are" with a tone of "would you calm down that's silly"

Chuck deserves a top shelf color guy. Thurman was great because he is great at everything.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Mark anderson on March 10, 2018, 01:40:25 pm
I know he loves the hogs and I am sure he is a great person but man it's unbearable. The other team is always so good and we are always so bad and you can't enjoy anything because he is a pessimist and is constantly talking about what could go wrong I can't pinpoint it but it's terrible. It's simple impossible to listen too. Yesterday we got a 1 and 1 and Zimmerman went crazy saying they aren't going to give it to us as if that ever happens ever. And you could sense chucks frustration with him and chuck said "yes they are" with a tone of "would you calm down that's silly"

Chuck deserves a top shelf color guy. Thurman was great because he is great at everything.

Chuck deserves Zimmerman.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 10, 2018, 01:19:56 pm
Lil' Debbie oatmeal creams.  I have to be careful not to OD on them.

That sounds curiously sexual. And, I'm not shy to admit I'm turned on by it.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

alohawg

The good news, IF the hogs win and face Kentucky, I doubt that kid hits 7 for 7 threes again.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

jfred59

Has he given Cal a hicky yet?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: jfred59 on March 10, 2018, 01:58:18 pm

Not sure...haven't seen Cals butt yet.

Pudgepork

Quote from: jfred59 on March 10, 2018, 01:58:18 pm

Yeah but not where they can be seen

Sho Nuff

I love Zimmerman, he is a homer and makes no bones about it!

Jackrabbit Hog

"And John Calipari adds another W to the long list in his illustrious Hall of Fame career."

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

ronmahony

He's entertaining.

I used to really enjoy listening to him. Back in the 90's when we were so hot especially. You could tell he really got a kick out of college ball, and he seemed to know every stat on just about every player. That game against Kentucky really did it for me though. He really trashed us and I wouldn't be surprised to hear they had to go to the E.R. After the game to get his nose out of Calipari's butt!
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

PonderinHog

He's entertaining.
You and my mom but she thought he was Howard Cosell!  Darn near broke her heart last night when I informed her that Howard died in 1995.   :'(