Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Portis commits to Hogs 2013

Started by poloprince, August 06, 2011, 06:39:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

poloprince

August 06, 2011, 06:39:12 pm Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 07:21:05 pm by poloprince
6'9 PF from LR Hall.  Holding offers from Nebraska, Florida, and Baylor.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1092942.html

We will be a top 10 program again and very soon
$PoLoPrInCe$

The Hogfather

Commits to us?  That would be awesome!

The Hogfather

Foshodo

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 06, 2011, 06:45:02 pm
Commits to us?  That would be awesome!

maybe to the rollin' razorbacks?

The Hogfather

Dogtown Donkey

Niiiice.

2013 already looking awesome. Potential class of Dederick Lee, Bobby Portis, and Aaron Ross.

The Hogfather

August 06, 2011, 06:56:03 pm #6 Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 07:05:37 pm by The Hogfather
I just read his Wings profile and it said he hasn't taken the ACT.  Need to get on that ASAP.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 06, 2011, 06:56:03 pm
I just read his Wings profile and it said he hasn't takent the ACT.  Need to get on that ASAP.

Hell yeah. We don't need another Ross situation happening. Get started on that early.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

poloprince

August 06, 2011, 07:07:05 pm #9 Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 07:08:59 pm by poloprince
Quote from: The Hogfather on August 06, 2011, 06:56:03 pm
I just read his Wings profile and it said he hasn't taken the ACT.  Need to get on that ASAP.

The Pel era is over, he will get it done
$PoLoPrInCe$

The Hogfather

Quote from: poloprince on August 06, 2011, 07:07:05 pm

Don't be a douchehole. 

He needs to get on that soon.

The Boar War

Very good get.  Was he at the elite camp?

GuvHog

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on August 06, 2011, 06:53:17 pm
Niiiice.

2013 already looking awesome. Potential class of Dederick Lee, Bobby Portis, and Aaron Ross.

Not sure but I believe I saw a post that stated Aaron Ross is going to prep school which is only 1 year so he should be joining the Hogs in the summer of 2012.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 06, 2011, 07:32:10 pm
Not sure but I believe I saw a post that stated Aaron Ross is going to prep school which is only 1 year so he should be joining the Hogs in the summer of 2012.

I haven't heard any concrete on Ross going the prep route. I'd certainly need more than "a post", though. Depending on who posted it, that is.

Dogtown Donkey

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on August 06, 2011, 07:49:19 pm
Thanks.

Hopefully he'll get the score he needs and be in the 2012 class.

I hope so as well.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Danny J

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on August 06, 2011, 07:00:08 pm
Hell yeah. We don't need another Ross situation happening. Get started on that early.
I just talked to ron crawford and he said he is on it!! :)

The_Bionic_Pig

He patterns his game after "Big Nasty" who just happens to be coaching him.  He was being persued by Texas & Kansas besides the one's who gave the 2013  elite player a scholarship offer: Memphis, Florida, Baylor etc....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

mmhogs17

You know Portis will be all over this guy to join him.

hoophawg

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on August 06, 2011, 08:55:32 pm
He patterns his game after "Big Nasty" who just happens to be coaching him.  He was being persued by Texas & Kansas besides the one's who gave the 2013  elite player a scholarship offer: Memphis, Florida, Baylor etc....

How is it possible for Big Nasty to be coaching him?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hoophawg on August 06, 2011, 09:02:03 pm
How is it possible for Big Nasty to be coaching him?

He was his AAU Coach
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

The Hogfather

mmhogs17

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 06, 2011, 09:55:03 pm
I'm liking the way things are going.  Hopefully, you're right.

We've got a good lead with Kingsley, from what I've heard.

The Hogfather

If somehow we could end up with Goodwin and Stokes for 2012, oh my goo it ness.

Spider-Pig

Saw this earlier:

@EvanDanielscout
Just got off the phone w/ Portis. Story on the way. This is a big one. Will be in our 2013 Top 100 when we release it in a few weeks.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: headhawg7 on August 06, 2011, 08:30:10 pm
I just talked to ron crawford and he said he is on it!! :)

Best thing this kid could do is stay away from Ron Crawford.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

waynespur21

Would be a great pick up. If he can keep him and get Ross away from Kentucky we will be serious contenders sooner than I expected.

The Hogfather

Quote from: waynespur21 on August 07, 2011, 10:41:43 am
Would be a great pick up. If he can keep him and get Ross away from Kentucky we will be serious contenders sooner than I expected.

I think you mean Goodwin away from Kentucky.

All of Goodwin's friends/teammates are committing/have committed to Arkansas.  Why wouldn't he want to be part of that?

waynespur21

Yeah I meant Goodwin sorry.

It's Kentucky, that's why. Maybe one day we will be a one word point as well if we can keep our guys.

azhog10

Quote from: poloprince on August 06, 2011, 07:07:05 pm

I second that! Get on that test.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

870hogfan

Saw this too...

Tyrell Basketballismylife Malone says he will play with dederick lee at arkansas in 2013 just has not committed & will till his senior year.

booogaga

Everything is coming together nicely for the 2013 class.
GO HOGS!

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

Spider-Pig

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 07, 2011, 08:27:09 pm
Saw this too...

Tyrell Basketballismylife Malone says he will play with dederick lee at arkansas in 2013 just has not committed & will till his senior year.

I think he wants to commit to us, but we'll on higher players on our lists. I think I'm thinking of the right guy

Breems

Love this and Lee's commitment!  Guys are wanting to stay in-state and be Hogs.  MA must be doing something right.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

beasley

August 12, 2011, 01:28:50 am #40 Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:32:57 am by beasley
Quote from: Spider-Pig on August 11, 2011, 06:03:24 pm
I think he wants to commit to us, but we'll on higher players on our lists. I think I'm thinking of the right guy

Tyrell Malone really needs an offer, RD said CMA hasn't offered, maybe he will get one.
Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
Vince Lombardi

Cartoon Man

poloprince

Quote from: beasley on August 12, 2011, 01:28:50 am
Tyrell Malone really needs an offer, RD said CMA hasn't offered, maybe he will get one.

2013 class loaded so he may be S.o.l unless players leave and we can sign 5.  M A has to see what J3 and Nick King gonna do first, they are high on the Hogs and i say one of them goes to Memphis and we get one. Moses Kingsley will definitely get an offer.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Nosboar Accubond

anybody got a year by year count on how these numbers will look? Just curious how much room we will have in 2013?

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: Sportking2169 on August 14, 2011, 09:28:20 am
anybody got a year by year count on how these numbers will look? Just curious how much room we will have in 2013?

2012 - 5 scholarships open (Sanchez and Waithe seniors + 3 scholarships we currently have open)

2013 - 2 scholarships open (Powell and Nobles seniors; could possibly be more scholarships open if we don't sign a full 5 in 2012)

It all comes down to how many highly rated guys we can get in 2012. There are some guys that won't be turned down, but there are some guys that a good but we might pass on in order to have more scholarships for 2013 (we're getting interested of highly rated 2013 guys). Also, it's possible guys could transfer or go pro (thinking about Madden and Young here). I think we stand pat in 2012 if we get Goodwin, Stokes, and Ross and none of the other high 4 stars want to come here. That would give us 4 scholarships for that rich 2013 class (basically we can sign two more guys since we already have 2 committed).

OperationRestoreHawgBall

This is a huge commit for Mike A, particularly this early in the process.