Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FOX's Bruce Felman predicts the SEC

Started by WizardofhOgZ, August 22, 2016, 03:56:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: Russ22 on August 23, 2016, 01:50:36 pm
The defense didn't force Tech to punt a single time in that game, so Enos game plan was irrelevant. I am betting Kenny Hill leads a 2nd school to a win over the Hogs.

There were coaching issues on the defensive side of the football last year that have since been solved so that is likely a bet that you would lose.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

code red

Quote from: AugustaHog on August 22, 2016, 04:58:56 pm
TAMU has a ton of unknowns just like us.  I'm not sold on Knight and that OL.  They have a good front but there are issues in the back 7.  They could be pretty good or very average.
There schedule does work well for them.  I can see them making a huge jump this year....esp on defense. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 23, 2016, 12:55:58 pm
I believe we do better than he says.
Could but with that schedule....I think we would take it.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ALLVOL

Quote from: GuvHog on August 23, 2016, 01:57:55 pm
No he doesn't, but he does have to be good enough to make the passing game a serious threat so that opposing defenses are forced to respect it and can't stack the box to stop the run.
The WR were a weakness last year more so than Dobbs arm talent. Losing Preston Williams was a bigger hit than realized at first.

GuvHog

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 23, 2016, 02:13:23 pm
The WR were a weakness last year more so than Dobbs arm talent. Losing Preston Williams was a bigger hit than realized at first.

That may have been true later in the season but against the Hogs, Dobbs made a lot of bad throws.

ALLVOL

Quote from: GuvHog on August 23, 2016, 02:17:11 pm
That may have been true later in the season but against the Hogs, Dobbs made a lot of bad throws.
He essentially had a 60% completion rate. Not great but not horrible. But yes the passing game needs to improve and I think will. 

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 23, 2016, 01:44:23 pm
You're vastly underestimating Dobbs. And we do have very good WR as well.

Listening to sports talk here in Tennessee, I hear lots of doubt about Dobbs and the WRs.

But if I needed a McGyver, I'd call Dobbs in a second.
[CENSORED]!

ChicoHog

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 22, 2016, 03:56:14 pm
Have always respected this guy's work.  He was at ESPN for many years, but jumped to FOX a couple of years ago.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/cfb-preseason-predictions-sec-alabama-lsu-tennessee-georgia-bruce-feldman-082216
Pretty sure he went to CBS after ESPN and then Fox.  Or maybe it was CBS and then ESPN.  It's all blending together! 

I always enjoyed his columns and listening/watching him on radio and TV.  Also liked his book "Meat market" he wrote about the recruiting process as he spent a year with Mississippi when Orgeron was the head coach about 10 years ago. 

Biggus Piggus

Guess I was not vastly underestimating Dobbs after all.
[CENSORED]!

Sho Nuff

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 02, 2016, 09:09:14 am
Guess I was not vastly underestimating Dobbs after all.
It is possible that you vastly underestimated how much he sucks!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Russ22 on August 23, 2016, 01:50:36 pm
The defense didn't force Tech to punt a single time in that game, so Enos game plan was irrelevant. I am betting Kenny Hill leads a 2nd school to a win over the Hogs.

That is assuming the Defense *WILL NOT* force them to punt the entire game correct???
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Bubba's Bruisers

If last night was a fair reflection of Dobbs, then TN is in trouble.  Thank goodness for a weeeeak SECE schedule.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 02, 2016, 09:26:12 am
If last night was a fair reflection of Dobbs, then TN is in trouble.  Thank goodness for a weeeeak SECE schedule.

Vols are thinking thank goodness Appalachian State has Ray Finkle as their kicker.... "Laces Out"
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

GuvHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 02, 2016, 09:26:12 am

I've been saying all along that Dobbs' strong suit is running but he's not good at passing the ball and that was shown to be the case again last night.

The NewEra

I was not at all impressed with Tenner or The Cocks last night.

Hopefully our Hogs look much more crisp in our first outing. 

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 23, 2016, 11:35:03 am
UT is loaded with top talent all over the field on both sides of the ball.

That REALLY showed last night when the struggled with AS.  Just sayin'.

GuvHog

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on September 02, 2016, 09:38:46 am
That REALLY showed last night when the struggled with AS.  Just sayin'.

When the QB struggles, the whole offense struggles.

wildhogman

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 22, 2016, 06:00:20 pm
Tcu lost to Oklahoma last year in overtime without their qb and rb.  I don't understand why we feel so confident.  I predict that that game is a war.
same OU team that was mowed under by a Clemson team that was beaten by bama for the NC, same bama team we had on the ropes going into the 4th qtr. Its a new year and last year is hand grenades and horseshoes. Just doesn't count for much

Bigmac2

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 22, 2016, 03:56:14 pm
Have always respected this guy's work.  He was at ESPN for many years, but jumped to FOX a couple of years ago.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/cfb-preseason-predictions-sec-alabama-lsu-tennessee-georgia-bruce-feldman-082216

I guess his credibility is shot since USCe beat Vandy last night. I was hoping he didn't have a clue seeing where he picked our Hogs.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The NewEra on September 02, 2016, 09:36:27 am
I was not at all impressed with Tenner or The Cocks last night.

Hopefully our Hogs look much more crisp in our first outing. 

I was really hoping Muschamp would land an SECW HC gig.  He's not HC material IMO.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

razorbackkid

If Joshua Dobbs is a rocket scientist, I'll not be taking any trips to the moon anytime soon.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

rtr

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 22, 2016, 05:38:38 pm
Everybody has the Hogs losing at TCU.
Which means we win a smashing victory.  There are two types of analysts, one group bases the evaluations on past history and the other bases their solely on statistics. Very few evaluations of personnel and coaching.  They base recruiting success on rankings upon signing and fail to take into consideration player development.  Both groups can get things very wrong.  That is what makes college football unpredictable and fun.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Paul on August 22, 2016, 07:51:39 pm
Aranda is a helluva DC but he don't coach qb's. Next thing u know we'll be hearing Brandon Harris for Heisman! ::)
Not in your wildest dreams

Prestworthy